anyone here has a contact with them?
are they used to do some tifo stuff like any ultra group
is there any idea about this

as you can see i don't know anything
i need answers

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
there is no Herd anymore, most of them grew up and decided to stop acting like tits.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so this means that we have no supporting groups no hooligan firms no ultras groups
i dont know how is this
i'm not in london and i don't know is there any idea about initiating an Ultra group?
even we could donate to support the cost of the tifos and the stuff
any londners here could help us for this ?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Why would we want a group of ultras? A bunch of retarded, thick thugs who taint the shirt? **** that.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
Ultras and firms are'nt the exact same thing. Ultras can just mean part of the ground/group of fans who sing the loudest and carry some banners. RedAction is the closest we have to that.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dreath said:
Why would we want a group of ultras? A bunch of retarded, thick thugs who taint the shirt? **** that.
if this is your idea about supporting football
then sorry you don't know anything about football
just check how ultras groups in Milan, Athens , Paris turn the stadiums into a tableau

check ManU tifo in CL final

http://www.mediafire.com/?g4mmtynllyq

aren't you jealous !!!

Chris! said:
Ultras and firms are'nt the exact same thing. Ultras can just mean part of the ground/group of fans who sing the loudest and carry some banners.
i know what the difference is
but i don't know what is there in london
it's not about singing all the way
we should develope the performance to be a graat Ultra group

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Ultras have never been a big thing in England. Liverpool would be the exception. We've never had an ultra group like the continentals do, and, for that matter, we've never been a club known for having a hooligan element. Our fans have never had that reputation like Chelsea, Millwall and West Ham do. It's something I'm quite proud of.

Also, any ultra group created now would be utterly shite. It'd be a load of contrived bullshit with no actual heart to it because it's just not something we do in England. I'd be embarrassed if they (as in, the club) trying to get the crowd to do it.

·
63,337 Posts
that is not our culture G4L, end of story, if you want to wave flags about and write silly teary-eyed slogans then as said, go to the red half of Merseyside, we are cynical Londoners. :stuckup:

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
ouch. :pp

just so everyone knows i named myself arsenalultra because i am a die hard arsenal fan, not because i am some violent thug. To me an ultra is someone who loves their club above everything else. only a small percentage are violent pricks.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
UK football culture is simply worlds apart from Mediterranean nations such as Italy, Greece, Spain and even in Tunisia etc. We must remember in many nations fans have real power within the club i.e Lazio and Roma which can be quite harmful, also do to the election format of many clubs i.e Barca and Real Madrid's clubs have no choice but to cater to ultra groups.

IMO there are positives as the atmosphere can be something truly spacial but in truth there are ton of negatives. Speaking from my experience with my local club Esperance sportive de Tunis we have the best ultra groups in all of Africa and going to the stadium is quite an experience but the negatives truly hurt the club. When we won the league 8 out of 9 years everything was copacetic, the club just got on with it business and the ultras did what they're supposed to do which is simply stay in the Curva du Sud and support Esperance. Now though that we have fallen on hard times i.e doing the unforgivable and not wining a league title in more than two years the club is being pushed over the edge by ultra groups who while passionate have no ****ing clue as to how to run a football club. We have hired and fired more managers than I can remember in the last few seasons at least 6 by my count but likely more, we bring in a virtually new squad during every transfer window but do to the lack of intelligence and rational behind such moves we only have gotten worse.

Many of my friends and family back in Tunis think I'm nuts but IMO fans should just be fans, go to the games, support the team but afterwards go home get on with your life and wait until next week. The idea that some one like me should have 0.1% of influence on club like Arsenal is laughable, we'd likely be 1 trillion pounds in debt and playing football at Underhill once the banks foreclosed on the Emirates. It' simple there is noway managers like AW or even SAF could ever survive their barren years at such clubs.

Could the atmosphere by Gooners be better? Yes but overall I'd rather quiet Gooners whom understand that it's AW job to run the squad rather than mad Gooners who would want to fire AW after a loss at Middlesbrough and would demand that the club sell that Eduardo guy who was struggling to adapt to the PL back in October.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're the one who put "ultras" in the same sentence as "hooligan firms".
any net surfing rookie can put those two words together in google and press ****en enter then god bless wikipedia will tell him the difference

don't play the smart guy :ass:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could the atmosphere by Gooners be better? Yes but overall I'd rather quiet Gooners whom understand that it's AW job to run the squad rather than mad Gooners who would want to fire AW after a loss at Middlesbrough and would demand that the club sell that Eduardo guy who was struggling to adapt to the PL back in October.
you got me T4L
this is my point to make the atmosphere better
and we can be both
a mad fan in the stadium and once i leave the stadium,the team has a coach to deal with
this is my point

here in Egypt we had no Ultra groups untill 7 or 8 years ago
and in this period , still my team Ah-Ahly well managed by the board without any pressure of the fans

so it's my dream to see Emirates atmosphere as good as Stadio Olimpico or Stadio San Siro

·
63,337 Posts
over £50 a shot kind of pushes the young lads out a bit, and young lads together is what creates the best atmospheres, while the EPL is overbloated cash cow charging mad prices nothing will change, just watch it down the pub if you are in London, the atmosphere is great and you get to watch from the bar too. :lick:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
over £50 a shot kind of pushes the young lads out a bit, and young lads together is what creates the best atmospheres, while the EPL is overbloated cash cow charging mad prices nothing will change, just watch it down the pub if you are in London, the atmosphere is great and you get to watch from the bar too. :lick:
disappointing but more realistic i think huh

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Ultras don't add much to atmosphere in terms of noise at all.

Hell, I've been to a Milan derby, and the Seville derby and they don't make anywhere near as much noise as derbys in England.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts