Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Antonio Benarrivo’s agent Federico Pastorello claims that Arsenal still want the 33-year-old full-back. "Benarrivo wants to move to the Premiership. He is well thought of by Arsenal’s manager Arsene Wenger and he is wanting to add Benarrivo to his squad next season," he said. The Gunners made an initial inquiry last March.

Sorry for posting crap again... But this is so what he didn't say. At calciomanager they had this instead:

Federico Pastorello, agent of Antonio Benarrivo has given an exclusive interview with calciomanager.it "Antonio is the real symbol of Parma. Sacchi and Tanzi are redesigning the team and wants to build it with young players. But for Benarrivo they will have to make an exception and they know it. We still have 30 days to renew the contract.

In case the "wedding" between Parma and Benarrivo is broken after so many years the door to the Premiership would open for Antonio. Arsene Wenger really appreciate him and wanted him already in March when Arsenal had defensive problems. The deal was called off because of some details but the gunners would still like to have him for next season.

Where does he say that "Benarrivo wants to move to the Premiership."?!?! The feeling I get when I read it is that Benny's first choice is to stay but if that can't happen he would accept a move to Arsenal.

Damn english media... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Benarrivo for Parma is like Maldini for Milan! He is a symbol and we may not let him go!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Are they sure about these facts? Benny was close to signing with Middlesborough this season when he wasn't playing but decided to remain with Parma. If Arsenal had come forward for him then he would have gone, I think he wouldn't mind living in London too much.

I would doubt strongly that Parma would let him go, having said that it currently looks like the most senior players we'll have next season (after Sensini and Benny) will be players who joined us this year!

KLP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts