Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you missed the euro 2000 final because you're tv broke down you loser, you missed a great final in wich the last gola was set up more like a gift than a kick. Robert Pires was the arcetect. On Monday, London club Arsenal picked up his talent by signing him to a 3 year deal. He was expected to come to Real since he has family here but somehow went to the london based club. How will we resolve this?

In my opinion, we need another person down the left wing. Munitis will be great, but probably onthe bench. We need a great young player: all points point to Athirson. This should be our big move of the year.

If any of you don't know who he is, he is the best defender in Brazil and is nicknamed roberto carlos jr. for his style of play wich is unbelievable. He is flamengo's leader. He has it all: the shot, the scoring, the unbelievable pass. We should spend it on him, he is worth and amazingly better than Mr. Anelka.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SPANISH ONCE,SPANISH 2 DEATH!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
SPANIARD, I don't think anyone could realize what you meant with this post.You first said we need a left winger (which is the last position we need:Savio, Baljic, Solari).Then you suggested Athirson and claimed he is best defender??? in Brazil, and then finished with comparing him with Anelka (striker). ????????????
I really think you shouldn't post late at night!!!
HALA MADRID!!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
haha...give SPANIARD a break, though his post mixed those positions up, but it is cool that he brought us some news.

It is true that I skipped the final (who care about a match between a team with doggy defence and a lacklustre but the luckiest team in the world) and I didn't see how good Pires is, but I always give credits to a Frence midfielder b/c that spot is all their strength to win those cups. Yup, I don't mind Real has him on the squad.
As SPANIARD mentioned, Pires, in two days ago, said that he prefer Real (any fool will think it that way cuz Real is more successful by a mile!), and he would give Real several days to response his words b/c it's a busy period for Real during the president election. Yet Real, however, didn't seem have been much fond of him, and I didn't see any response of Real on presses......so the story ended, for the fervor of Wenger, he picked Arsenal......

It is pity that finally we didn't get him, but it is not that bad cuz we don't really need a left winger. I still think that Savio is our best choice in this position. And from the previous analysis, originally we wanna put him on the right wing side...I doubt whether it works....what if we spend $ on him, and finally he will be set on the bench....
So it is not really a loss for Real.

[Edited by real player on 05-07-2000 at 04:05]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I have to agree...SPANIARD, get some fesh air before you post here:p;) ANyway I really think the left side is the one position we do not need at all! Absolutel nothing!!!:mad:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, as time moves on, this spot will be lacking. In this spot, we need someone that can give balls in like god is. On the right, we are blessed with macca and salgado. They provide alot. On the left, we really only have roberto carlos. He gives us alot of balls, but not always. Savio tries to cut through to get a shot more so than a cross, wich is ok too because he is world class.

If any of you see Athirson play, he is amazing. He is exactly like Roberto Carlos but better. He can shoot free kicks from close to midfield and trouble the keeper. He gives crosses like I have never seen before. There is so much spin on it that it could guide it's way in the net without a header to it.

It may be a unessasary move if it does happen, but it will benefit 2 years from now guranteed. But hey, when you think about some pointless moves, they benefit as well:
Seedorf to inter
Romario to vasco
Suker to Arsenal

P.S: Why did I compare athirson to anelka? I did'nt. I meant it to say that he is better than Anelka if we payed alot for him, as I refered to as a 'blockbuster' meaning a big move.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
What? Our left side just has Carlos, only Carlos could give balls of left wing side??? OK, I am a Carlos fan, but I must say that Carlos rarely makes good crosses to the center (especially into the box). And savio can't cross??? Well, he is not a good crosser either, but as you said, he tries to CUT!!! and it was efficient!
Seriously, savio is good enough if he is in form, and he always can win some PK for us (dive alot???;)), dunno, but it is great to make the ref blow to our opponents!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Oh, come on guys! Have I not said this nough! Last year we scored 30 goals in the CL and 22 of them came from passes in from the LEFT side! yes, Savio and Roberto Carlos. They are the real gods of Real Madrid, without them we would be nothing! So buying reinforcements for such a goal machine is mad! We need help in the center of the field and on the right(not if Geremi plays:D)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts