Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsene Wenger along with some of the Arsenal players believe that they are set to dominate the EPL from now on. Arsene Wenger believes that they are going to take over from Man U as the most dominant force in the EPL.

I personally think that Arsene Wenger should not make such comments as they havent won this years EPL yet and the only reason why they are in such an advantageous position is coz we messed up a bit at the beginning of the season.

I feel that even if we dont win the EPL this year, next years trophy has our name written all over it.

Any comments???

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
Wenger always has a big mouth and he's been forced to eat his words on more than one occassion. If our season hadn't been an utter disaster before Christmas we would have the title by now. So once again, he's jumping to conclusions. No-one can predict next season, but I don't see Arsenal dominating anything. The competition is very strong and even if he now feels quite confident, there's a long way to say they will be the force in the EPL from now on.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Im not being funny but you dont believe anything Arsene Wenger says. He really does look like a .......... (you know what im talkin about)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Even if he buys the rest of the French national team that won't happen! :tongue:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Someone should remind him of the fact that the last time United failed to win anything in a season,they went on to do the Treble.;)

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
i think wenger is chattin a load of bullocks....if manu didnt have that disastrous blip at the beginning of the season they would be over 10 points clear at number one...assuming manu play consistently next season, arsenal dont have a chance, especially with additions of either hoffland, nesta, cannavaro etc....

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wenger's full of it. Sure it's a good thing to win the FA Cup and probably lock-up this year's Premiership title but you've got to accomplish those things plus show extremely well in the Champions League year after year before you can say that you'll dominate the game like United.

Around Europe, while I think teams respect Arsenal, they'd never put them in the same class as United, this season's results aside.

Fact is, Arsenal do not have the right to say such things until they have proven them on the pitch.

Nuf said.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Wenger was pretty confident of winning the Euro cup, and then a half ar2ed Depor side turned up and turned the gooners over.....

I don't think much of old Wenger's long term predictions, but I do have a feeling that they'll win the league this year. Theres still a chance that they won't, and if they bottle it, a la' Inter, well, what will we say about that;) But at the very least, here's hoping we give them a good going over in the theatre of dreams.

3-1 to united, including a brace from big Laurant off a corner and a free kick.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
shahed_k said:

the only reason why they are in such an advantageous position is coz we messed up a bit at the beginning of the season.

...rubbish. We are playing in a league system here, which by its own nature means that if one team loses and another team wins the winning team will move ahead of the other.

By the same note, then, Arsenal could say the only reason that you lot won the title each of the last three years was "because we messed up at times during those seasons" Sounds ridiculous doesn't it.

:rolleyes:

Next thing it'll be "Arsenal didnt win the title with their free-flowing, creative, breathtaking football, we lost it." Just like Souness in 1991.

(If we win it of course!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
*OZ* said:
i think wenger is chattin a load of bullocks....if manu didnt have that disastrous blip at the beginning of the season they would be over 10 points clear at number one...assuming manu play consistently next season, arsenal dont have a chance, especially with additions of either hoffland, nesta, cannavaro etc....
Not this rubbish again. :)

If we hadn't dropped so many points at home, we'd be 10 points clear.

If it weren't for ref bias, Man U would not even be in the top four.

If Leicester had managed another 70 points they would be champions.

If my Auntie Sue had a tadger she'd be my Uncle Steve.

If I had anything better to do I wouldn't be writing this.

MUMMY IT'S NOT FAIR, WE HAVE TO WIN THE PREMIERSHIP EVERY SEASON AND ARSENAL WERE LUCKY AND THEY ONLY WON IT BECAUSE WE LET THEM AND WE ARE THE BEST REALLY!!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
LOL!

If Fergie didn't retire, we would have won it! (sometime ago)

If Fergie had retired, we would have won it! ( just )

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Veira is leaving Arsenal soon :).

Arsenal dominate English football like we have ? My arse.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Gooner.com said:

If it weren't for ref bias, Man U would not even be in the top four.

do me a favour, Arsenal have had more than their fair share of dodgy decisions. Bolton Wanderers, for one, can testify to that.
goal line clearence my backside;)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Cole's goal-line clearance = Ruud's 'penalty' at Ipswich.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
Arsenal are a one man team. If Vieira doesnt click they play crap...
Even your co-United fans will surely rubbish this one!

Ha! Paddy didn't play very well on Saturday, yet we still triumphed in the showpiece match of English football?!??

What about when we beat Liverpool at Anfield when Vieira wasn't even playing?

One-man team? How did we manage with 11 first-team players out injured at one stage of the season then?

Surely it's best to think first, before engaging your brain... :rollani:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Can't agree with you Van Nistelrooy.;)

If anything Pires and Campbell has had a bigger influence in Arsenal's season than Viera.And now Ljunberg has risen to the challenge.Viera's quietly been doing his job but credit to the entire Arsenal team for playing so consistently well all throughout.

You just cannot get so far through sheer individual brilliance.The overall contribution of the team is what sets Arsenal,Liverpool and United apart from the rest of the teams in the league.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts