1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal Renew Fathy Interest

Date: 25-12-2004
Wrote: EP's reporter Ibrahim Azab

Premiership champions Arsenal are said to have renewed their interest in Ismaily's Ahmed Fathy, enquiring about his status at the end of the season. Egyptian media sources have reported that a fax was sent by the Gunners to the Egyptian club asking about the player's availability in June 2005, and Ismaily's requirements for a potential transfer.

Ismaily officials have decided to delay the issue for the time-being, due to the team's need for the player's services at the current time. However, it is said that Fathy had been promised by Ismaily officials that they would grant him the option to leave to Arsenal if the opportunity arose.

Fathy had spent some time training with the Gunners for a period last season, and then again took part in some of Arsenal's preseason games ahead of the current season. Arsene Wenger has recently announced that he will not be spending in the January transfer window, but it may well be the case that he will try to recruit a fresh right-back for the new season. This position has been troubling Wenger for some time, and he may have seen in Fathy what he has been looking for.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yea but his club demanded to much money. they better wake up and realise what a offer it is and not become to greedy

·
Registered
264 Posts
it is also mentioned today in sky sports

I hope ismaily kan ease thier demands in order to see young promising egyptian in the EPL

Ahmed Fathi is a very good player

·
Registered
264 Posts
Meanwhile, Ismaily vice president Ibrahim Osman denied any approach from the English club regarding the Ismaily star.

“We received no official offer from Arsenal regarding Ahmed (Fathy), however, we welcome any good opportunities that may arise for any of our players to play abroad, especially if it is from a team of the English side’s caliber,” Osman told Sarmady on Sunday.

The 20-year-old winger has been constantly linked to Arsenal ever since his trial period with the Premiership club. Reports claimed that the London-based club had officially approached Ismaily to inquire about the transfer price for the player.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
is this another wind up thread?? i've never heard of this guy, and why would we be buying from an egyptian club?

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Petros said:
is this another wind up thread?? i've never heard of this guy, and why would we be buying from an egyptian club?
Good question. Why should we sign players from those backwards countries anyway? I mean, what's next? Signing someone from Mogadishu? Calcutta? Abidjan? Oh...

·
Registered
264 Posts
it doesn't matter from any country this guy is a very good player,remember you have Toure from Ivory Coast which is much less reputation than Egypt in FOOTBALL

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Bastin said:
Good question. Why should we sign players from those backwards countries anyway? I mean, what's next? Signing someone from Mogadishu? Calcutta? Abidjan? Oh...
man , backwards country, bastin is rascist :shades:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Twayka said:
man , backwards country, bastin is rascist :shades:

Bastin was being heavily sarcastic, Fathy was on trial for us last summer and impressed he is very versatile and young as well, he would be a typical Wenger buy.

I hope to see him here.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
well if fathy is better then hoyte, then byebye hoyte.
but twayka, this guy is young, he'll be very cheap, its not like we have 2 peak players dueling for the same position. theres no need to be worrried

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Petros said:
He was on trial with us during the summer. He played against Sturm Graz and Grazer AK :googly:.

·
Registered
738 Posts
i remember hearing that an egyptian club beat real madrid a couple years ago. lol
maybe they got decent players. who knows?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
well if fathy is better then hoyte, then byebye hoyte.
but twayka, this guy is young, he'll be very cheap, its not like we have 2 peak players dueling for the same position. theres no need to be worrried
it doesn't mean bye bye Hoyte, Fathy can play in midfield as well and who knows what Wenger has planned, Hoyte might be a CB in the future, the more good players the better and if they come from Africa they normally come cheap.

the only worry is the ANC, if all teams play we could be losing Kolo, Ralph, Eboue and Fathy all at once next year. :eekani:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts