Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

An article taken from yesterdays match programme. Stole this from FF.

In modern day we've still got a link to Arsenal through our chairman & manager. Both being friendly with their southern counterparts. I fully expect the return of this fixture starting this summer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Great stuff. I hope this fixture carried on too.

That's a good pic of Struth. In all the pics I've seen he has been much older than in that one.

These kind of traditions should be carried on. I know there was a rumour going about that we would play Arsenal in a friendly at their new ground preseason which would be great.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
good article, thanks for posting it :thumbsup:

i'll be a bit sad to see Highbury go because it, along with ibrox, is one of the few remaining major stadiums that still has traces of the "golden era" of British football where the game really took off and became an international phenomena.

Their new stadium will be better in most ways, and will look good too but it will lose alot of character and class without things like the old east stand front, the clock, etc

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
From what I hear we might be invited to a friendly at the new Arsenal ground and this piece is the see the reaction of the Arsenal fans.

It would good to get this annual fixture going again and with Wenger and Le Guen in charge it might set off a new friendship between the two clubs.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
James de Bear said:
From what I hear we might be invited to a friendly at the new Arsenal ground and this piece is the see the reaction of the Arsenal fans.

It would good to get this annual fixture going again and with Wenger and Le Guen in charge it might set off a new friendship between the two clubs.
Sounds plausible.

1930's saw Rangers greats such as Davie Meiklejohn, Bob McPhail and the wee blue devil Alan Morton ply their trade in the royal blue.

I'll dig out some articles when I'm at home for you Jern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts