Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having followed The Arsenal more or less daily on the net for five years plus now I’m still to find an Arsenal homepage I’m completely satisfied with.
So I’d like to know which your favourite Arsenal website is, Apart from xtratime of course :flirt:.

My favourite gotta be Arsenal-Mania. A good website by true & devoted Gooners. It has good articles, Just gives you the relevant news and it has a good message board. I’m not too sure about the design of the site though and the problem with the message board is that it’s so many people on there that it feels almost pointless posting anything.

Arsenal.se is another very good website. It’s probably better updated and contain more interesting stuff than any English Arsenal site on the web, But unfortunately it’s only in Swedish, So it’s just available to about 2000 of all the thousands of Gooners around the world.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Arsenal World is the best Gooner site, followed by Arse Web, Arse Blog and Arsenal Mania.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't really read any, sometimed read Steve Gleibers if a good conversation is going on, but i generally only go on Arsenal sites when they are linked to Newsnow.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jacke Sigfridsson said:
My favourite gotta be Arsenal-Mania. A good website by true & devoted Gooners. It has good articles, Just gives you the relevant news and it has a good message board. I’m not too sure about the design of the site though and the problem with the message board is that it’s so many people on there that it feels almost pointless posting anything.
Of course Arsenal-Mania is great, I'm one of the newsops :pp

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't really put my finger on what it is but there's just something about Arsenal-world that puts me off the site. It might be all the old stuff on there or the adverts, I don't know. :undecide:

The first Arsenal site that hooked me and I visited something like 3 or 4 times a day when I was at school was Teamtalk. Nowadays though their news are usually just the same old uninteresting rumours as you read everywhere else and the "your say" page has been taken over by a lot of glory hunters.

I've just visited Arse Blog. It looks like a great website! Will check that one out later. What are the articles and the forum like?

·
63,337 Posts
I don't read Arseblog much, but they do make some fine spoofs, the best one without doubt is the hilarious Myles Palmer one.

also the James Lawton ones were good although i am not sure that was them now i think about it.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Chris said:
I only ever really read ANR.
Read Myles articles a couple of years ago, was really into them aswell. But that was till I understood that I didn't agree with 50% of them(atleast) which pissed me off, and made me remove the site from my favourites ;)

These days I usually read the official site and some of the mentioned above but mainly I read bigger sites such as teamtalk & soccernet and aftonbladets and expressens online sport pages (swedish, updated every day and often hourly) to keep up to date with "all" football.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I usually agree with him most of the time, although i usually don't read the articles from ian grant, or whenever palmer goes off on his actual life, which i could care less about.
Forgot to mention the NewsNow Arsenal section occasionally, and usually Football365 just for fun.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Chris said:
I usually agree with him most of the time, although i usually don't read the articles from ian grant, or whenever palmer goes off on his actual life, which i could care less about.
Was about to say something about that...

Normaly writers put in stuff from their real lives in their articles, but they do it with style, like a personal reflection connected with the text...
Myles on the other hand do it like this:

"Freddie has signed a two year deal.

and at the bottom:

Christine just bought a new CD, very good one, I will listen more to it later"

It has absolutely no connection to the rest of the text, it seems like it's more some kind of diary notes than a "review". Because as far as I concern I couldn't care less about his "reviews" on his daugthers cd's ;)

:yuck:

·
63,337 Posts
Wakky said:
Was about to say something about that...

Normaly writers put in stuff from their real lives in their articles, but they do it with style, like a personal reflection connected with the text...
Myles on the other hand do it like this:

"Freddie has signed a two year deal.

and at the bottom:

Christine just bought a new CD, very good one, I will listen more to it later"

It has absolutely no connection to the rest of the text, it seems like it's more some kind of diary notes than a "review". Because as far as I concern I couldn't care less about his "reviews" on his daugthers cd's ;)

:yuck:

he also loves to tell Wenger what he does wrong in a kind of schoolboyish manner.

i particularly enjoyes his claim that Thierr Henry would never score goals for the Arsenal. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts