Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Arsenal have made a :( £2m offer for Swedish international striker :) Kennet Andersson, who is rated at :) £4m by Bologna. The 32-year-old striker is also wanted by :mad: Chelsea, :mad: Inter Milan, :mad: Fiorentina, :mad: Parma and :mad: Monaco.
He has to come to Highbury to link up with Ljunberg :D

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
he's agreat player,but isn't he really old for a move.
he's now 33 and maybe has 2 more years to plat top football.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After the debacle involving lazio last season, it wouldn't be particularly suprising if he made a move now, it also suggests that he would be willing to take a place on the bench. If the latter is the case, then I think he would indeed be an acceptable purchase as long as the fee is say below £3m. I'm sure him and ljungberg will be able to occupy themselves on the bench, talking about freddies sensitive feet.

He certinly seems to fit the bill ability wise, big, strong good in the air, a good contrast to the strikers we already have.

I don't see his age as a problem, infact it is desirable in certain respects, we have promising strikers like alidiare and barrett emerging who hopefully will be in a position to take his place when he loses his edge.

So wenger....go for it

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
yar
is good
but the arsenal way of playing isnt really through the wings, so i doubt kennet would score much in arsenal
but he would be perfect for henry
gets all headers and hits em down for henry :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arsenal not a crossing team? Last season we put in the second highest number of crosses in the league, just behind mank scum, alas we also had one of the poorer completion rates, which is why it perhaps looks like we are not. With a striker that is genuenly good in the air this should inprove somewhat, though the main reason for the faliures will possibly still be there...we just don't get enough men into the box, I lost count of the number of times henry was left isolated last season, and altough both parlour and dixon try to cross, they are both unbeliviably crap at it, with the result being the ball enivitably ends up in row z, or as a start of a counter attack for the opposition. If we improve our ability to get on the end of crosses, no doubt we will increase the number of crosses we put in the box.

If anderson does come, I doubt he will be used as a partner for henry, except possibly at the end of games if we are losing, and wenger wants to add some physical dynamism up front. He will more likely be used to replace henry, if he is injured, tired, or whatever, and link up with either kanu or bergy. If they were to pair up though, I think it more likely henry will be the supplier then anderson, with henry drifting wide, drawing defenders with him, and then putting killer crosses into the box for anderson to head home, I reckon henry may be to big to work of knock ons, and defenses will probably play too deep anyway. The main thing anderson would add, is an improvement in our ability to break down deep packed defences which arsenal increasing come up against in the epl, and genrally, our tepid set piece play would also be spiced up.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read somewhere that Bologna have rejected the offer and want to retain Andersson.

Arsenal should not have bought him anyway, he would be no real re-inforcement to the team, but would have been a sensible replacement for Suker, but buying a striker who's in-line for a starting line-up place is wiser.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
if arsenal buys a striker to play as a first team regular, then where would kanu and bergkamp play?
kanu would be 4th choice!!!! :(
he'd definitely want a move :eek:
wenger should try and get a young and upcoming striker to play as 4th or 3rd choice striker
give barrett a go, if he doesnt work out, buy someone else

1 - 8 of 8 Posts