Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after Chelsea looked at linking up a few months ago with de Graafschap or Eindhove, it looks like eredivisie clubs are targets once again of top EPL sides.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=185996&cpid=8

What do you think?

Positive since we'll see a better team at Willem II possibly with the likes of Jemaine Pennnant (or someone like him) there and Willem II will be financially secure

or negative since the chances will be smaller for Dutch talents to break through at Willem II ? or also negative since Willem IIs talents will now probably go to Arsenal instead of following the traditional route of going to a top3 side, blossoming there then going to a big league?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I don't think that they will get a guy like Pennant who already tasted from PL action with Leeds United. I think it will be more usefull for players in between. Guys who are too good for the first division, but just lack that bit for the PL and of course guys who still need a WorkPermit to play in England. Although Belgium is cheaper then for those kind of players, cause you they don't need a minimum non-EU wage there. At Beveren they also only had that bumb Stepanovs as known player.

If it's good I don't know. I don;t think they have any players who can move the opposite way at the moment in Tilburg and with the big exodus this summer they could use some new blood. Only will Arsenal really bring them too?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
players Willem could probably get for next season are....

Ryan Smith
Ryan Garry
Quincy Owusu-Abeyie
Cesc ????? ;)
Adam Birchall
Skulason
Svaard

all talented young players IMO

I don't think we would take anything but the very best from Willem,maybe one player in three years or something,we haven't taken any players from Beveren yet.

so i think it's a good thing for Willem

·
Registered
59,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about Bentley? saw that great goal in the cup I think it was :cool: or is he already as high in the pecking order as guys like Aliadiere and Pennant?

THey'll definitely be good enough for Willem II imo since they proved it in the cup. I mean a reject from West Bromich, James Quinn is Willem IIs main striker! :eek:

·
63,337 Posts
Bentley i doubt because he has been used as sub a lot lately and we are perhaps losing Kanu,Wiltord,Bergkamp all in one go this year.

maybe if we buy another forward and Dennis stays on,but next season he will be perhaps stronger so i still doubt it.

but really Willem will be able to have their pick of our yoots,maybe we might rob Pique from Barcelona as well to lend them :D

so i think it's good for Willem.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
So you have at least one Dutchman to offer with Quincy O-A, the former Ajacied. Was he a striker or an offensive midfielder.

If I check a possible Willem II for next season:

Aerts or De Vlieger

Wau - Van Nieuwstad - Van der Haar - Van Mosselveld

? - Caluwe - Mathijssen

Hadouir - Quinn - ?

Especially in the attack they could use some extra forces, cause the current two can't be relied on that much.

·
63,337 Posts
yes Quincy has played a few games in the Carling Cup all as the main striker,he has scored lots of goals for the reserve teams. ;)

Wenger obviously has a lot of hope for him because we have strikers older than him who didn't get picked for these games.

·
Registered
59,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Willem II en Arsenal blijven praten over samenwerking

[30/04/2004] Opnieuw zijn Willem II en Arsenal in een verder stadium gekomen over een mogelijke samenwerking tussen beide clubs. Willem II zal in de voorbereiding op het nieuwe seizoen naar Londen afreizen om daar enkele oefenduels af te werken, hierna zal door Arsenal worden besloten of de Brabanders een interessante partner zijn.

Willem II lijkt oefenduels te gaan spelen tegen Millwall, Tottenham Hotspur en Fulham. De intentie van Arsenal is om enkele jeugdige spelers eerst te stallen bij Willem II om ze te laten rijpen voor het grote werk. Tevens wil Arsenal een eerste optie tot koop bij talenten van de Tilburgse club.
some news that might interest you Jern. Say that Willem II and Arsenal are in a further stage in negiotations about a partnership.

Willem II will be have pre-season games in London against Spurs, Millwall and Fulham and Arsenal will then decide whether to do it or not.

How many other links or partnerships does Arsneal have btw? do they have one with Beveren still? cos Stephanovs plays there doesn't he :D along with 10 Ivory Coast players btw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts