Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you guys think Arsenal did not win the UCL between 2001 and 2004 it was our strongest team.Vieria,Pires and Henry were at there peak as well.I always feel 2004 was our best chance of winning ucl.Cos if we beat Chelsea.We would of beat Monaco and Porto.So why do you guys think was the reason we did not do it.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
That's rich considering you fluked your two finals in 99 and 08 - on both occasions you were second best. ;) At least Arsenal fans can be proud of going toe-to-toe with Barca in the 06 Final, despite coming up against one of the best teams of the last 25 years.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
That's rich considering you fluked your two finals in 99 and 08 - on both occasions you were second best. ;) At least Arsenal fans can be proud of going toe-to-toe with Barca in the 06 Final, despite coming up against one of the best teams of the last 25 years.
Fluke or not we won, and as for your toe to toe, your only goal came off a dive - that in your loss of course:D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
00/01: Inability to focus for 90 minutes against Valencia and slack marking

01/02: Unable to do anything away (we lost every single away game in both stages) due to the absence of Bergkamp and a priority on the league, which we of course went onto win

02/03: Dreadful home form in the second stage where we drew every game gave us no chance of going further

03/04: We were destined to lose that game to Chelsea, and had we drawn anyone else we would have won it that year but Chelsea were not going to be soundly beaten by us for a third time

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Fluke or not we won, and as for your toe to toe, your only goal came off a dive - that in your loss of course:D
Arsenal played with 10 men for the majority of the final against Barca, and they did brilliantly.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
it was so piss easy at home then that we suffered from overconfidence, as we did in the League in 02/03, we were so f*cking good, too good, it just got too easy, we were the "peoples" champs anyway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2001 to 2004 is 4 seasons and 2 out of those 4 seasons you got knocked out by Valencia, so i guess the reason is getting knocked out by the better team? :confused:
The last bit i said where you quoted me Los.Was that 2004 was our best chance of winning it.Even better than 2006 where we lost in the final.To think Porto won ucl without playing a top class team like Milan or Arsenal that season.:moan:

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was so piss easy at home then that we suffered from overconfidence, as we did in the League in 02/03, we were so f*cking good, too good, it just got too easy, we were the "peoples" champs anyway. :thumbsup:
Being the peoples champs is not great though is it Jern:moan:

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Arsenal played with 10 men for the majority of the final against Barca, and they did brilliantly.
Yeah, well but you still lost.:pp

And actually if you wouldnt have Lehmann removed, we would have had 1 goal lead.

The simple fact is that Arsenal just cant compete in Europe. You always tend to fail as you did in your glory years.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
eto'os goal was offside, of course another example of the bias towards mainland Europe clubs in this farcical comp.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
And yours was scored because Eboue dived, so what`?

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
eto'os goal was offside, of course another example of the bias towards mainland Europe clubs in this farcical comp.
Heres my point. Both clubs got unfair calls which led to goals.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heres my point. Both clubs got unfair calls which led to goals.
I did not make this for Barca and Arsenal fans to argue.My point on this is.Barcelona maybe they should been in the final at all.Look at these ref blunders there was.

Messi vs Del Horno made a 5 star meal out of that.

Marquez handball vs Benfica when it was 0-0 in the 79th min in the 1st leg.

Shevchenko goal vs Barcelona in semi finals

All those went in Barca favour.So the point is maybe it should of been Milan we played instead.

Can we get back to the topic that was started please.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts