Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Double-winners Arsenal have opened negotiations with Seville for £11 million-rated teenager Jose Reyes.

"I am happy where I am, but if a great offer comes in, the normal thing to do is to accept it," the attacking midfielder told onefootball.com from the Spain Under-19s' Murcia training base. "I'll be the one to decide when the time is right," he added.

Agent Jesus Rodriguez de Moya revealed: "The negotiations have been positive and I've informed Seville. The boy has a contract with the club and you have to do things properly.

"Let's just say, though, that he would be interested in a five-year deal with Arsenal. But I see Reyes as very young to go abroad. He needs to mature as a person," he said.

Seville sports director Ramon Rodriguez Monchi appears willing to do business. "Reyes is on the market for £11 million. If Arsenal can pay that amount, we're prepared to negotiate," he said.

Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger sent Steve Rowley, a member of his coaching staff, to watch the youngster play in four games last season. The French boss has only seen Reyes in action on video.

Reyes extended his contract with Seville until 2008 in January after Real Madrid and Barcelona made enquiries about him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tel me about thisplayer because I have never heard of him and I have never seen him play?
Is he Good and is he worth £11 million?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Goomermc,

The guy is one of the most promising young Spanish forwards in La Liga right now, based on his form this year. He only scored about 9 goals i think but he missed alot of time with injury. He can play forward but has good dribbling skills and can be used wide if needed.

I don't know if its a wise time for him to make such a move now though, i thinks he needs more development, and should stay at Seville. Would he actually get any playing time at Arsenal? :confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
hmm

Sevilla is a club which must sell, Reyes is a talent and it would be a shame for him to go to England. I dont think it will happen anyhow because most of these things are lame rumours.

I prefer that Spanish talent remain in Spain. This is where they become big names, they shouldnt leave the country although we are behind Italy and England in terms of how much wages footballers receive. Also, with all respect, the football that is practiced in those countries, to me, is unbearable to watch.....

if that isnt enough, then let me mention some names:

Marcelino
Ivan De La Pena
Javi Moreno
Mendieta
Farinos.....

we all know the story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts