Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal has gone 31 home games unbeaten in the league.Below is the list of the top 5,with how many home games they've gone unbeaten in their league.

1)PAO 36
2)Arsenal 31
2)Wisla 30
3)Brugge 30
5)Basle 28

p.s Nice to see PAO at the top for me :D

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
For a second there I was in utter shock and disbelief :D I thought the thread was about the HOME GAME record in EUROPE meaning the UCL. :tongue: The Thread Title is misleading. ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Haroon said:
For a second there I was in utter shock and disbelief :D I thought the thread was about the HOME GAME record in EUROPE meaning the UCL. :tongue: The Thread Title is misleading. ;)

yeah that's what i thought as well :D

although our Home record in CL is probably pretty good as well, i don't think we have lost many in the last couple of years, Chelsea and Inter are the only 2 i can remember so we must be up there. :googly:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Note the difficulty of the respective leagues. With all due respect to the Greek, Polish, Belgian, and Swiss leagues, Arsenal's accomplishment is slightly more impressive than the others'.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I'd like to see the domestic away record too. Ours comes up pretty good there too:

01/02 - 0
02/03 - 4
03/04 - 0
04/05 - 2

Six in three and a half seasons isn't half bad, no?

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Bastin said:
Note the difficulty of the respective leagues. With all due respect to the Greek, Polish, Belgian, and Swiss leagues, Arsenal's accomplishment is slightly more impressive than the others'.
I don't follow.. clearly, Arsenal is heaps better than Wisla speaking in absolute terms but relative to the standard of their leagues, they're a lot more comparable. So Wisla, a much weaker team in a much weaker league is comparatively strong to Arsenal in terms of dominating their respective leagues, are they not?

·
63,337 Posts
numerodix said:
I don't follow.. clearly, Arsenal is heaps better than Wisla speaking in absolute terms but relative to the standard of their leagues, they're a lot more comparable. So Wisla, a much weaker team in a much weaker league is comparatively strong to Arsenal in terms of dominating their respective leagues, are they not?

just stop that and pay homage to the mighty Arsenal. :shades:

·
63,337 Posts
numerodix said:
Bastin goin down :devil::D

what would you know about the strength of Wisla and their opponents anyway ? being a proud Norwegian and all that i doubt anything :pp

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Probably as much as you and Bastin put together but it doesn't stop me putting on a brave face and pretending I'm very knowledgable :D

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
numerodix said:
Well done. You need your medication. The title of this thread is "Arsenal has 2nd best home record in Europe". Yes? Well, as far as I can see, a record is more impressive if it's set against the best. Thus, a stronger team in the stronger league sets a more impressive record than a weaker team in the weaker league.

Martin's about as low as they come without "going down" any more. :eyepatch:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
IN YUOR FACE.

however i personally think these sort of records dont mean sht until you win the title.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts