Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An Arsenal fan is stabbed in a clash between English and Turkish supporters in Copenhagen.
The incidents were on the Tivoli square and at least 15 people injured-(almost all of them were Arsenal fans).Although police had precautions all day long but had difficulties to stop the fight.A witness told ,lots of Arsenal supporters were in a bar and they were so drunk.They attacked to a Turkish group and the incidents started.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
There is more trouble today and I've just heard that an Arsenal fan might be dead! :(

Why does this violence errupt??? It is a game of football...there is no need for this!

I feel for both the Gooners and the Gala fans who are not involved but will be tainted by this!

------------------
WESV

WESF

- Lealdade, Humildade e Procedimento

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Arsenal supporter Paul Dineen, stabbed in the back by Turkish fans, told Soccernet: 'I am lucky to be alive.' Mr Dineen, 41, a married father of three from Edgware, was attacked early today during running battles between English and Turkish fans in Copenhagen: 'I was trying to get people out of there but then I felt myself being hit.'

its probably because the arsenal fans were pissing off the turkish fans. its got nothing to do with soccer, but have you realised that only the turks have been doing the stabbings? none of the english, but i think that theyve been stabbed because they've deserved it.

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Loose Moose, whether people piss you off or not, it is not right to stab someone, report them to the police, that is what they are there for!
I'd heard it was the Turkish that started the incident, but regardless of who started it, the simple fact is it should not be happening!
If things go on like this, there will be no fans travelling to away games throughout Europe.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Another thing is, with the Turkish fans being the ones that have been stabbing the English, is it not a premeditated crime? I mean what other reason is there to take a knife to a football stadium?

R

·
0 Posts
U r assuming that the turks was CARRYING the knife/s as if they were planning to stab someone?

What about the beerglas that was shoved into a galatafans face? Is that alright 'cause it could've been an "impulsive action"??

Which one is the worst?

K

·
0 Posts
Both sides aer guilty but most the danish cops,i watched on tv they did nothing to stop the fight.I also saw brit fans and turk fans arm in arm but on the other side bcycles were flewing on the air what kin of **** is this:brits should not drink alcohol before matches that would be safer for their lives at least before the turkish teams matches

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Two stabbing incidents in 25 days or something.Unless Galata does something with their fans UEFA should do something with Galata.

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
gala coach fatih terim said that he would gladly give up the trophy for no violence
so givus the trophy then mr terim :)

------------------
LOOSE MOOSE

K

·
0 Posts
Mind ur own business amo the brits started the fight first.They think they can do everything drinkin,shouting,assaulting.People dont have to bear them did u ever hear anything about turkish fans bad except brit teams

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Rollo, give me one good reason to carry a knife to a football match then? I condone neither of the incidents, but surely to go there with a knife intending to kill or maim somebody is a very serious crime. Neither of us were there, we don't know 100 per cent what happened. Maybe it wasn't premeditated, but carrying a knife to a match sure seems extremely dubious to me. As for the beer glass incident, that is just as bad a crime,whether it was premeditated or not, the same results! For me both offenders deserve to spend time in prison regardless of provocation or retaliation, both arguments are extremely weak.

Kintazi, yes I have heard bad things regarding Galatasaray fans involving Italian fans. So shouting and drinking are offences now? I think not, what is an offence is any sort of assault, and that applies to both Galatasary fans and the Arsenal fans. I've heard the arguement that because the gala fans were provoked then it is ok. I don't buy into that arguement at all. If that was the case it would be ok for every other team that goes to Galatasary to attack their fans because of the provocation of "Welcome to Hell"!

K

·
0 Posts
nothing happened wih italian fans!!!!!of course i dont defend stabbing but brit fans do everything to be stabbed i see them every summer in bodrum so dont tell me

S

·
0 Posts
Sh.t i was just gonna say pretty much the same thing as you did. What happened to the good? old days when an argument used to be settled by a couple of drunken punches down the local pub.

Now fans are carrying knives and other weapons around (what a bunch of f.....g idiots eh?) - and as Razor said, u don't carry a knife around unless u intend to use it on someone. Anyway, i'm going to watch a local football match tomorrow so i'd better go find my AK-47 assault rifle to take with me just in case someone insults my mother.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
lol Skylight

Juventus were involved in trouble last time they visited galatasary, it is not just one or two incidents, it has dated back over the last 5 years, that fans have been intimidated and abused, coins and bottles thrown at them and flags such as the now famous "Welcome to hell!".
That is not part of football, and if you guys think it is, then I'm sorry but we are going to have to agree to disagree.
The English have worked hard, and over the last 8 years there have been less incidents involving English clubs than there has with teams from other countries.

K

·
0 Posts
u talk about the abdullah öcalan crisis it was not us to policise soccer juve did.nothing ever hapened to anyone than even any attacks.Also are u not smart enough to understand that hall means the atmosphee of the stadium.U try to blame all the turks as monsters.Give uppppppppppp

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We never want to see these kind of incidents anymore.But We should not blame Turkish fans.Because we know English fans and their past very well.May be the word "fans" is not correct.Because there are millions of devoted people in England.And they are real fans.
But how about the others : Hooligans !
They cause trouble everywhere !They have done it for so many years in every city of europe! Even in mexico ! And for the last two times They crashed to a hard rock...
Turks don't attack anyone without reason.They welcome you ! But if you attack or provoke them their response is too hard..
This is not an excuse .Both of them are guilty.But i think we all know the reason and who it is not hard to guess who started it i think...
Remember the world cup and incident in Marseille or other cities.French people did not answer them .But Turks did...

So english government must do something about this and they have to stop troublemakers to go abroad.

K

·
0 Posts
u know i admit both sides are guilty they should not have joined the fight also it is good to see arsenal suppoters are not holigans as leeds.today i heard the incidents starters were the leeds fans who wanted revenge not the gunners.I saw many turk and brit fans kissing each other before the match i hope thes incidents dont make us enemiee.take care

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Thanks Kintazi, that is what I wanted to see, is that people can admit there are two sides that were a part of the trouble. I don't see Turks as monsters, but I don't see the English as monsters either. The people that are the monsters are the minority, and every nation has them, just that the English seem to be shown up more by the media.

Blackeagle, you talk about the English government must do something, they do! What happens before every match abroad is that the airports go on red alert, and every passenger on flights to the country where the match is being held are checked against a list for known trouble makers. Also the English police offer assistance to other countries in dealing with the ones that slip through the net, but most countries refuse this help. What more can they do?
I think compared to most countries the English government takes more steps to stamp out the hooligan element.

R

·
0 Posts
Look Razor, I condone every agressivity act, both sides! Of course, my reply to your first anti turk post was that u ASSUME that the turks were carrying the knifes with them!! We don't know that! They could've done as the english did right? They found a glass then the turks found a knife...as i've understood there were a lot of cafées that were demolished right?? And once again, this is a FACT, the english started out the whole harassment biz', provocation leads to action.
This is a quatation from a swedish paper (earlier known as a anti-turk paper)
roughly translated:
" the galata fans were trapped between two Arsenal fractions, the turks afraid of getting massacred armed themselves with chairs, iron sticks and bottles. What first was a defensive crowd slowy transformed into an attacking crowd as the englishmen were forced to run 4 their own lives".

54 persons arrested, 35 of them were locals!
Also rumours of swedish fans moving around in Copenhagen trying to commose some trouble!

What if Arsenal fans wanted to teach the Galata fans a lesson and at the same time show to Leeds fans that they were stronger and more powerful? Could it be?

What happened when Chelsea played against FC Copenhagen last year? Kung fu fightin' u bet'cha!!

It takes two to tango, right!

Hope u understand I don't defend anyone here!
I say fine both clubs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts