Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Optimistic United chief Sir Alex Ferguson believes Arsenal's seemingly unstoppable title challenge could yet falter.
The Gunners currently top the Premiership table, four points clear of second-placed Liverpool and five clear of United.
But the fiery Scot still harbours hope of a table-topping finish for his troops.
He said: "Maybe Arsenal are due a little blip with the few games they've not yet played in the league.
"Robert Pires is out for the rest of the season and they've got a discipline problem at times, so you never know what might happen.
"It's only really Arsenal who haven't had a blip. They've kept their consistency quite well, whereas we had a terrible blip earlier on in the season.
"Liverpool had a few blips along the way, so have Chelsea and Newcastle, while Leeds haven't really gone on this season."
Ferguson is well aware United must beat Arsene Wenger's men when they clash at Old Trafford next month.
"We're hoping that Arsenal can draw a game and Liverpool can draw a game," he added.
"Then in the last week of the season we've got Arsenal coming here, which we need to win to stand a chance."
I LOVE FERGIE !! HE NEVER GIVE UP!!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I hope he's right about Arsenal:D

Can you imagine my distress, I actually have to cheer for you lot against Arsenal, and then to top it off I have to cheer the bluenoses on the last day of the season if results go as I hope for:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
It is one thing you all forget

The Gunners have a Ljungberg in massive form what have Man U?????

I hope the dynasty will fade away and be replaced by a new one in Premier League :)

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Hmm,looks like Fergie gave this interview before Arsenal played the last couple of gams.They have taken care of the game that they had in hand and are now sitting pretty at the top of the Premiership.

This weekend's game against Bolton will be the decider,IMO.If Wenger's men come off with all 3 points then I cannot see them losing theie grasp on the title even if we beat them at OT.:(

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
RVN said:
I LOVE FERGIE !! HE NEVER GIVE UP!!
I'd say 80% of the coaches are optimistic when communicating with the media, they're just being careful.
Arsenal can slip but you have to count on Liverpool slipping too, so that'll make two already

1 - 6 of 6 Posts