Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 459 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ther are several stories about our board and ownership and these get lost in various threads.

This thread is dedicated to discussing the ownership of the club, the current board, ex board members etc.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Peter Hill-Wood welcomes Stan Kroenke into Arsenal fold and opens boardroom door

By Telegraph staff

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has revealed that he has made peace with investor Stan Kroenke and that he would welcome the American on to the club's board.

Kroenke's initial purchase of 10 per cent of Arsenal's shares in April 2007 was greeted with hostility by Hill-Wood amid suggestions that the billionaire was preparing to launch a full takeover.

The owner of the Colorado Rapids MLS franchise has since upped his stake to more than 12 per cent, but Hill-Wood is now satisfied he has no intention of seizing control and would be happy to see him in the boardroom at Emirates Stadium.

"I think he could make a contribution - whether he would want to do it, I don't know," he told the Daily Star. "I think he would be a good addition. He seems to have been very sensible. I think he would be quite happy to buy more shares but I think he has absolutely no intention of buying the whole thing."

Kroenke is thought to be worth more than $2 billion and also owns the Denver Nuggets basketball team.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
America to save the day. :happy:

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
That means we are well and truely going to get FOOKED up the ARSEnal!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
From what I've read on Kreonke, he seems to be quite a popular and succesful sports buisnessman. Might prove to be a good person to have backing the club, not only partially financially, but also in directing the club into the right financial direction.

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
That is terrible news... I'm chuffed for Gary though, he's apparently very happy about his new role.

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
Sad to see Lewin not at the club anymore, He has been fantastic for us, no wonder we nicked a new physio a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Silence is Deafening

The Club once again is leaving its supporters in the dark over everything.

Samir Nasri - the club has not made an statement on this - why? Marseilles have replaced him with Ben Arfa, Ben Arfa has taken his squad number, why can't the club state whether or not we have agreed the fee with Marseilles, has Nasri passed a medical have we agreed terms and are we merely waiting on few fine details?

Amaury Bischoff - A statement as to what is happening. Werder Bremen and the player have announced hi imminent arrival. Tell us what is happening.

Young Players - We have signed three youngsters, Ozyakup from AZ; Miguel from UD Cornella ; Coquelin from Stade Lavalois. The club is silent on all of these - why?

Transfer Targets - We have by all accounts had offers turned down for three players. Can the club not make any statements on these?

Pedro Botelho - Our Brazilian in Spain. The club have not mentioned him once. Why?

Alexander Hleb - The club should put out a statement that says the club has or has not received any offer for Hleb. Wenger values the services of the player but understands his desire to leave. If the club received an offer that meets our valuation we would not stand in his way. OR The club values the services of Hleb and will not sell him at any price. The club is in negotiations with his agent on a new improved contract.

Adebayor - The club should put out a statement that says the club has or has not received any offer for Adebayor. Wenger values the services of the player but understands his desire to leave. If the club received an offer that meets our valuation we would not stand in his way. OR The club values the services of Adebayor and will not sell him at any price. The club is in negotiations with his agent on a new improved contract.

Gilberto - this guy has been treated crassly by the club. The club needs to announce is he staying or not. We did the same last summer to Ljungberg. We cannot treat players like this. barca announce Eto'o, Deco and Ronaldinho were all surplus to requirements, what is wrong in saying the same for Gilberto?

All the fans want is information, our official website is a throwback to the Soviet Union era where only the official party line was revealed, if you were lucky. The fans have to make do with this garbage whilst every other club issues statements almost on a daily basis on the transfer targets etc.

Arsenal's silence is annoying its fanbase around the world.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yes, wish we had the PR of United, announce that they have agreed a deal with Ramsay so that the whole world can laugh when it collapses.

why should we start indulging in transfer gossip, all it does is f*ck up our bargaining power?

·
Arsenalation
2,036 Posts
i have a feeling that's why wenger wants arsenal to remain totally silent on transfers...so that he can continue buying players at T K Maxx prices

·
Arsenal Fan
5,476 Posts
Yeah cos we look so clever at the moment with the Nasri transfer and Adebayor and Hleb chat. Not.

It's the papers that indulge in the transfer gossip and it's up to our PR to sort it out so it's not embarassing or detrimental to the club. We don't do any of this. Staying silent is ridiculous.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Yeah cos we look so clever at the moment with the Nasri transfer and Adebayor and Hleb chat. Not.

It's the papers that indulge in the transfer gossip and it's up to our PR to sort it out so it's not embarassing or detrimental to the club. We don't do any of this. Staying silent is ridiculous.

and what good would it do if for us to out on our website, we want to sell Adebayor but we are waiting for £30m from Barca as he's a bit rubbish really but don't tell them? :D or perhaps you'd like them to print a pack of lies instead?

silence is golden when it comes to transfers,

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Martin O'Neil on national TV said Barry wants to leave and he can go if Liverpool meet our asking price - is that wrong

The club has not even Pedro who we signed last summer.

No annouincement on Bischoff yet everyone says he is our player same for Nasri.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Or maybe Gooners could just RELAXXXXXXXXXXX.

FFS it's July 2ND, beautiful summer, there must be a million things we can do rather than panic over Arsenal PR policy. Facts are despite all the non stop-gossip there is very little of anything coming from any clubs. Let's be frank save Barca and Real Madrid most clubs do their business quietly, be it Liverpool's plans from Rafa, Man Utd plans from SAF, Juve, Inter, Bayern Munich, Roma and hell even Chelsea most clubs are going about their business quietly

It's simple most clubs do not employ papers such as Marca or AS to unsettle players and cheap shot other clubs in such as malicious manner. Quite frankly the last thing I would want to hear from AW is that he is convinced Arsenal will sign Villa, Arshavin, Metesacker and Buffon, we know it won't happen, we know AW loves to acquire diamonds in the ruff, the less said the better. Gooners won't want to hear this but history suggests that AW may very well wait until August 31st before he adds the quality and experienced we desire. Summer of 06 on August 31 he sealed the moves for Gallas and Baptista, summer of 07 he sealed the move for Diarra.

Not only does he feel prices are more reasonable in the last hours of the transfer window but AW feels any new signings will take at least 6-8 weeks to fully adapt to the squad so signing them on July 15TH or August 31st is negligible. My guess is AW still hopes to retain both Ade and Hleb as he has always been very big on continuity, he'll ride out the boys from last season for at least the first 6 weeks of the season and than hope his new signings have gained enough of an understanding of Arsenal football philosophy to make a significant impact

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is it too much to ask for an update, remeber at the end of the season what Wenger said, Friar will be a busy person this summer and the fans will see developments over the next two-three weeks.

When Ben Arfa and then Nasri saga started I thought we had got our act together, but since nothing.

Why can't the club just say "we made an offer for Zapatta whcih was not accpeted. The club will be reviewing its transfer polciy in light of this development". At least this way we the payign fans know the truth.

Villa have announced that Lvierpool have not made an improved offer. Does this harm them?

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Is it too much to ask for an update, remeber at the end of the season what Wenger said, Friar will be a busy person this summer and the fans will see developments over the next two-three weeks.

When Ben Arfa and then Nasri saga started I thought we had got our act together, but since nothing.

Why can't the club just say "we made an offer for Zapatta whcih was not accpeted. The club will be reviewing its transfer polciy in light of this development". At least this way we the payign fans know the truth.

Villa have announced that Lvierpool have not made an improved offer. Does this harm them?
Have we made an offer for Zapata? You're just guessing mate, secondly if Arsenal did make an offer for Zapata why admit it was rejected? If you're in negotiations for any player how is it in the best interest of the club to make that public? We're not Aston Villa, we do not need the media to help us acquire players or advertise players we may sell. The less said the better.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If Udinese say they rejected our offer then either they are lying or we did.

When Portuguesa say our offer for Diogo was not high enough then we made an offer.

Is it so bad to say we have made an offer which is what we beleive the player is worth, we will be reviewing our policy. This way it shows opennes (which we at Arsenal do not do, never do we buy a player for a fee, it is alway undisclosed).

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
If Udinese say they rejected our offer then either they are lying or we did.

When Portuguesa say our offer for Diogo was not high enough then we made an offer.

Is it so bad to say we have made an offer which is what we beleive the player is worth, we will be reviewing our policy. This way it shows opennes (which we at Arsenal do not do, never do we buy a player for a fee, it is alway undisclosed).

I do not recall Udinese saying that, what I do recall is papers claiming that Udinese rejected our offer. Why should Arsenal spend the summer discussing whom we have made offers for, whom we have offers rejected for, what offers pending, whom we are imminently going to sign? Besides hysterical Gooners exactly whom does that benefit?

If we do not sign anyone come September 1ST I will be the first Gooner to blast both the board and AW but to do so on July 2ND is bit premature.

1 - 20 of 459 Posts