Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Arsenal have won the two Premierships, and two FA Cups since 1998. But have underperformed in Europe.

Just want to know what Arsenal fans think of next seasons European chances.

"Will you fail as usual"?

or

"Is it time Europe took notice of Arsenal"?

ARSenals European Champions League Record:

1999: 3rd Round
2000: 4th Round
2001: Quarterfinal
2002: 5th Round
2003: ?

compared to manure

1999: Champions
2000: Quarterfinals
2001: Quarterfinals
2002: Semifinals
2003: ?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Yes, could be interesting.

I think u need a striker, Henry has been good, and Ljungberg is better off coming from deep, while wiltord aint as bad as i think he is I dont think he is the striker to lead u into european cup success. Bergkamp isnt what he used to be and jeffers, may i say it, is a middle of the road striker One who will poach goals against middle road sides. Kanu could be the perfect thing but his head seems to be on hot chicks (like the rest of us) :D

SO a striker.....

Midfield is fine as long as u keep Pires----Vieria---edu-----Ljugberg

or something that resembles that with the depth on the bench you have!

in defence... well if this is adams last year something might have to give. Keown cant have too long left in him and perhaps isnt good enough to mark out the best attackers (vieria, ronaldo, raul, batigol, etc)

I think youve got a complete, well made squad. You have players that want to play for the shirt they are wearing which is more important than who the player is...

Overall, u have the ability to do sooooo well... anythign less than 1/4 or semi finals next season is major dissapointment boys!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think arsenal is a young team
we need more experience in europe with our squad, although it keeps on changing, and we have alotta young players and players who havent played in the CL.
as time progress, we'll do alot better.
look at man utd's team
most of them played in the CL before and the rest have experience cose they're already pretty old.

luck also has to do with it
i mean we beat bayer 4-1 at home
and 1-1 away
i mean
man utd and liverpool couldnt get past them

also this year we hard the hardest? group in the CL.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Swift willy i think what you have forgotten to mention is the fact that the game at leverkusen was llost in seconds courtesy of that equaliser in the dying minutes which was a result of the sending off of parlour courtesy of a brilliant dive fom Basturk!
SO I THINK WE WERE VERY UNLUCKY!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Luck definitely had something to do with that, if you believe in luck ;) But next year, with a world class striker and maybe Hofland we can make it to the quarters at least again, it is all in the luck of the draw ;)

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
A good partner for Wiltord and good partner for Vieira(if he stays) along with a good CD at the back to partner Campbell.

Thats what the team needs.The belief is there and if Wenger can bring in the correct personnel then Arsenal will be a force to reckon with in Europe as well.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Chris said:
Luck definitely had something to do with that, if you believe in luck ;) But next year, with a world class striker and maybe Hofland we can make it to the quarters at least again, it is all in the luck of the draw ;)
if Hofland's going anywhere, its United:cool: If Arsenal can sustain their league form in Europe, then you've got to be in with a chance for the champions league. To be fair, until you win the Euro Cup, you won't get the respect you probably feel you deserve.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
hofland aint going no where unless some club signed him before may 1st, cose thats what the deadline for him was.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
To be fair, until you win the Euro Cup, you won't get the respect you probably feel you deserve.
I know, it's tragic. :( K-2, don't you mean a partner for Henry? If so you are correct on all counts, although I'm not sure about the CM, Edu and Parlour are getting really good.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i think parlour is at his peak?
maybe a lil lil lil more to go

but edu is getting better
by far

1 - 11 of 11 Posts