Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken this off of another forum so I don't have a direct source. This is the top 20 in the Deloitte Football Money League (2002-03 position in brackets):

1 (1) Manchester United – £171.5m (€247.89m)
2 (4) Real Madrid – £156.3m (225.92m)
3 (3) AC Milan – £147.2m (€212.77m)
4 (10) Chelsea – £143.7m (€207.72m)
5 (2) Juventus – £142.4m (€205.83m)
6 (7) Arsenal – £115.0m (€166.23m)
7 (13) Barcelona – £112.0m (€161.89m)
8 (6) Inter Milan – £110.3m (€159.436m)
9 (5) Bayern Munich – £110m (€159.12m)
10 (8) Liverpool – £92.3m (€133.4m)
11 (9) Newcastle United – £90.5m (€130.8m)
12 (11) Roma – £72m (€104.06m)
13 (18) Celtic – £69m (€99.72m)
14 (16) Tottenham – £66.3m (€95.82m)
15 (15) Lazio – £65.8m (€95.1m)
16 (-) Manchester City – £61.9m (€89.46m)
17 (14) Schalke – £60.5m (€87.44m)
18 (-) Marseille – £58.3m (€84.26m)
19 (-) Rangers – £57.1m (€82.53m)
20 (-) Aston Villa – £55.9m (€80.8m).

-----

Interesting to see we made more money last season than Inter or Barcelona did.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
4 English clubs in the top 10 :thumbsup: (5 in the top 11) more then any other countrie top stuff, don't know how the English clubs make so much money, seeming as the football played over here is crap and no one will watch it or buy any ot ther merchandise. :rolleyes:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
4 English clubs in the top 10 :thumbsup: (5 in the top 11) more then any other countrie top stuff, don't know how the English clubs make so much money, seeming as the football played over here is crap and no one will watch it or buy any ot ther merchandise. :rolleyes:
I'm glad you figured that out. :D

I would imagine that it is largely to do with the Premiership's huge exposure in places like Asia. That's a huge market and while several continental teams have concentrated a lot of marketing in that area, the Premiership seems to do it under a "whole league" basis. Which probably helps a lot, there would be a lot of combined advertising and such.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ViscaBarcaInter said:

I would imagine that it is largely to do with the Premiership's huge exposure in places like Asia. That's a huge market and while several continental teams have concentrated a lot of marketing in that area, the Premiership seems to do it under a "whole league" basis. Which probably helps a lot, there would be a lot of combined advertising and such.
I also think it has something to do with our clubs not being several millions of pounds in debt either ;)

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
that is total nonsense. how are chelsea in the top 10 in terms of income??

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Petros said:
This is gross revenue, not net. Thus, to call these the 'richest' clubs is false. Whereas Arsenal (6th 'richest') made profits of £10.6m before tax, Chelsea (4th 'richest') made pre-tax losses of £88m.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:

Thats a myth mate, Serie A and La Liga has just as much coverage in asia as the premiership, probably more actually.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Exactly Bastin, Arsenal may get a whole load of profit in. But they pay huge wages, which pretty much cancels out most of their profit.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mutu_20 said:
Exactly Bastin, Arsenal may get a whole load of profit in. But they pay huge wages, which pretty much cancels out most of their profit.
Actually our wage bill has drastically reduced over the last twelve months. Kanu, Wiltord, Jeffers and Campbell were all on big money. The former three are obviously no longer at the club and Campbell's new deal has a smaller wage compared to his old one which was huge.

Petros said:
Thierry Henry plays for Arsenal. Will you disagree with that like you seem to do with everything else? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Mutu_20 said:
Thats a myth mate, Serie A and La Liga has just as much coverage in asia as the premiership, probably more actually.
I should know better, and no, the Premier League has much more coverage than the Serie A/La Liga.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
Thierry Henry plays for Arsenal. Will you disagree with that like you seem to do with everything else? :rolleyes:
no but i disagree with things that are just plain wrong.

The table is decided on overall profit or income. Chelsea have lower gate receipts, came below us in the league and came below us in the FA cup. They got 1 stage further in the CL but that hardly makes up for the difference in position. We also make on average more money from gate receipts each game.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Petros said:
no but i disagree with things that are just plain wrong.

The table is decided on overall profit or income. Chelsea have lower gate receipts, came below us in the league and came below us in the FA cup. They got 1 stage further in the CL but that hardly makes up for the difference in position. We also make on average more money from gate receipts each game.
- Merchandising. Flood of new players and new success = glory hunters buying more and more replica kits. The Chelsea product is becoming more and more known = more money.
- TV money to begin with. Two extra ties in the Champions League equals a lot of cash.
- Whatever Roman injects in.

Simple.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
whatever roman injects in does not count, because the table is found by total income. if whatever roman puts in counted they would be top.

flood of new players and success leads to more shirt sales? and an unbeaten season does not????

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Petros said:
flood of new players and success leads to more shirt sales? and an unbeaten season does not????
Where did I say that it doesn't you total plonker?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
WELL THEY ARE ABOVE US arent they!!!!?????

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
1. Chelsea make more money on a match day than Arsenal (through all of Chelsea Village businesses).
2. Chelsea make more money from television rights, Chelsea TV, etc.
3. Chelsea played four more games in the Champions' League.
4. Chelsea sell more merchandise across the world.
5. Chelsea sold and loaned out several players.
6. Chelsea 'toured' Asia in 2003.
Petros said:
Yes. Which takes up more column inches? Abramovich, of course.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Bastin said:
1. Chelsea make more money on a match day than Arsenal (through all of Chelsea Village businesses).
2. Chelsea make more money from television rights, Chelsea TV, etc.
3. Chelsea played four more games in the Champions' League.
4. Chelsea sell more merchandise across the world.
5. Chelsea sold and loaned out several players.
6. Chelsea 'toured' Asia in 2003.
Yes. Which takes up more column inches? Abramovich, of course.
1. no they dont
2. maybe
3. 2 more actuaally
4. no they dont
5. and?? thats irrelevant
6. yes

but i still think the survey or whatever they did is wrong compared to some of the teams below them

1 - 20 of 74 Posts