Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argentina dererved to be knocked out of the World Cup because of thier arrogance and complacancy. They thought they could win the WC by simply turning up. But both France and Argentina have not learned that you must play as a team and cannot rely on individuals.

I now fancy a dark horse such as Spain or maybe even England to win the whole thing.

PS: France and Argentina have been a disgrace to themsleves and thier countrymen.

Di'Raggio

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
They thought they could win the WC by simply turning up
I agree, half of their fans had declared on their sigs,
"ARGENTINA WC CHAMPIONS 2002"

Oh well, lets laugh at them all.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Di'Raggio said:
I now fancy a dark horse such as Spain or maybe even England to win the whole thing.

in fairness, I can't see us winning it. I dunno, Denmark will be hard, and if we get past them, Brazil! Be very, very difficult.

·
International
8,545 Posts
England is hard to call, they played well against Argentina and really managed to stop the Argentine offence but they were sort of a let down against Nigeria. Granted, they only needed a draw but I think it would've been better for them to keep their momentum going. This was a Nigerian team who had a lot of first teamers on the bench and England should've done more.

Denmark will be difficult as they have a great midfield game. Beyond that, Brazil is always difficult.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Argentina and France are both the World Champions of 2002....the only problem is that they forgot to tell the other teams about their achievements!;) :D :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
And I totaly agree with the Argentines,it's to bad there aren't many in this forum but how is it possible for a team to change so much since their qualifying campaign? Argentina was flawless, but in the wc nothing they did worked out, you can't say they didn't try or that they didn't attack, sure some players were ridicoulesly out of shape ( ehhem..Veron) but ....arghh, it's just bindbogolling. :confused:

Italy almost screwed up again today, although compared to Denmark and Sweeden, Mexico didn't play with ten men in their area.

By the way I think it's not nice to say a team deserves to get Knocked out.:) :depress:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts