Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Arouca began the season well with a 2-0 away win vs. Moreirense, though honestly I don't know how these teams expect to perform throughout the course of the season. Benfica will be favorites but of course not easy going away from home and with that away win under their belts, Arouca will be feeling good about themselves.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
and the game is on!:D

starting line up for Benfica:

Júlio César;
Nélson Semedo, Luisão, Lisandro , Eliseu;
Samaris, Pizzi, Gaitán , Ola John;
Jonas , Mitroglou

lets go Benfica !!! :wee: :wee: :wee:

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
arouca almost made the second in the 5 min,lol....

Benfica looking better now.

1-0,30 min....

1-0 ht.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
25 min,second half,still 1-0 to arouca.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
1-0 arouca won.:(

Benfica played mediocre but deserved at least not to lose.
The ref robbed us and bracalli mvp.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
the ref didnt rob us, but clearly the way he let arouca stall the game since early 1st half was pathetic

anyways, like u said, we didnt deserve to lose, had plenty of chances to actually win the game, even though arouca could have scored more aswell, both goalies were huge tonight, and in arouca's case a field player saved the day when their goalie wasnt there

so we didnt take the chance given by porto and sporting draws of yesterday, and on top we are 1 pt behind now

tbh, thats the least of my worries, what concerns me the most is that: yes, we had many shots, yes we created goal chances, BUT we are clearly not gelling yet as a team, and that shows

this will take time, but we dont have much time

on the positive side, nelson semedo showing he's clearly a good bet, lisandro the same and pizzi had a good 1st half, julio cesar was king yet again

however, gaitan is not inspired, jonas and mitro although looking good individually (both had each a clear goal chance) they still need to gel as a duo ( which is natural, but i see a lot of potential there), that midfield needs more intelligence and energy is the transition defense-attack, eliseu is terrible, and the team looked very naive all game long...not enough stamina, looked lost during long periods of time and losing focus

ah yes, last but not least, jeff opened this thread per my invitation, thank you jeffy but....didnt work:D u were rooting agaisnt us werent u ? :fero: :D

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Missed the game, but blaming the ref or stalling tactics for the loss is very....well we know what that is. My concern is that following the poor preseason, it took just two matches for another shutout. The offense looks stuck in the mud. It's early, so need to panic, but I want to see progressive improvement and yesterday was a a step back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts