Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious about the German club, I have seen their name spelled Armenia Belfield on numerous occasion and i was wondering what, if any, connection it had with Armenia? I tried checking their website for history but it is in German and i dont understand a word of it.

G

·
Good question! Always bugged me too.

There's also a place called Armenia in South America I think. I remember a couple of years ago, I went online to check the news and a headline struck me "Earthquake hits Armenia". I started shaking from fear. Turns out it was the other Armenia they were talking about......and the earthquake wasn't as serious.

Maybe you should ask on the German football board?

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
There is a town called Armenia in Columbia also.

I have been told that the team was started by an Armenian.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
From what i know, Historicaly the Name for the german team most likely comes form a Barve warrior of their's know as Armenius.....Funny eh, but its true Armenius help the Germans fight and win agenst the Romans.....Anyone correct me if im wrong!

A website about the Warrior and German history:http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Battle of the Teutoburg Forest

FRANKLY I REALY DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS BUT, C'MON, THE GUYS NAME IS ARMENIUS....

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
It's probably just a coincidence.

Bros, what do you think of Germany/Germans in Armenia? Their influence on Armenia politically (in old times)? I ask this because I've seen some die-hard Armenians who just Germanasineris zzvoomin. Their reason was that Germany was on Turkey's side during the genocide. Is it true?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course it is true. Germany and turkey were allies in WW1, and had connections for a while. I cant hold anything against them though. I personally respect and admire the German nation, culture, industry and society.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts