Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that many Armenians became wealthy merchants in Europe since Middle Ages like Jews

and there are many wealthy Armenians in the world, right?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I don't like this thread, to me it's sounds litlle bit radical,right-winged
there is nothing wrong with Armenians, and also there is nothing wrong with Jews, and with Macedonians, and with Greeks........should i continie.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Fleka said:
They are careful with their money. ;)

A bit like Macedonians really. :tongue:
Us being careful with money? :eekani: come on maybe we would be the same if we were talking about political corruption and selling out to the west but careful with money... well now that i think about it maybe some of the people in the diaspora are like that since they never invest shit in our country :thmbdown:

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Ambis said:
Us being careful with money? :eekani: come on maybe we would be the same if we were talking about political corruption and selling out to the west but careful with money... well now that i think about it maybe some of the people in the diaspora are like that since they never invest shit in our country :thmbdown:
Careful as in tight.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Macedonians are very tight with their money, looks as if I'm not the only who's noticed that. ;)

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
red star forever said:
Macedonians are very tight with their money, looks as if I'm not the only who's noticed that. ;)
They are so tight that if you put a lump of coal in their arse in a month comes out a diamond.

B

·
0 Posts
Armenians have been merchants for centuries, being at the crossroads of the silk road.
Many of the most influential merchants in the Ottoman Empire (pre-early 19th) were Armenians, as were many of the richest men of Tiblissi and even Baku. Armenian merchants also had a thriving community in India back in the day. There are quite a few successful Armenian businessmen and entrepreneurs around the world now too, yes.
A popular joke:
What's an Armenian? It's one who buys from a Greek, sells to a Jew and still makes a profit. :p (all in good humour of course)

As for the ressemblance with the Jews...it's often mentioned because both Armenians and Jews are diasporic nations, both have been through oppression and genocide..but there are still many, many differences.

·
♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ &#
4,315 Posts
Fleka said:
They are so tight that if you put a lump of coal in their arse in a month comes out a diamond.
HAHA
LOL :howler:

Armenians are othodox too right?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Serb said:
Yeah, I don't know any JEwish heavy metal bands. :thumbsup:
Then you never heard any of my CD's apparently :)

·
♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ &#
4,315 Posts
Yeah, but are they recognized by the orthodox community

Because the FYROMacedonian orthodox church isn't recognized
By the orthodox community
They even put a pope in jail for 7 months just because he was pro serbian and pro-greek.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.