Xtratime Community banner

Who will win the Armenian Premier League in 2006?

• Pyunik

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Banants

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Mika

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Kilikia

• Ararat

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Shirak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ulis

• Gandzasar

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 583 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, it's about to start.
We finally know which teams will be participating in the Premier league this year.

Who do you think will win it all? Can Pyunik repeat again?

The poll will close on April 14, when the league matches begin.
This thread, of course, will also be used to discuss the happenings around the League.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i think banants can win the championship, but pyunik has a good experience and some good new players. also mika can do something positive, and finally don't forget ararat!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My vote is casted for kilikia, we maybe be underdogs but we can still pull off some big wins.

"TWO NEW PLAYERS, LAST YEAR'S APL TOP GOAL SCORER AND NO WHERE TO GO BUT UP! :devil:"

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
when the schedule is out i will start the prediction league. it will be on the top links next to arcade the rules and points are up already. let me know if you guys one something else.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
I take Banants this time. I like them, plus their coach is very experienced as player and coach. He will definitely emphasize on the physical aspect of the team.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I want Ararat to win,just cause I don't like seeing their good name on the bottom of the standings.But overall Pyunik and Banants are better teams.I don't know,Pyunik isn't the same(in a bad way)and Banants is getting better.We also shouldn't underestimate Kilikia.

·
Forza Nerazzuri !!!
1,298 Posts
im karciqov noric pyunikn e linelu bayc payqar2 aveli shat e linelu bananci ararati u kilikiayi mijev aveli lav xagher en linelu ays tari huysov vor es tari lav xagher ktenanq

·
Registered
181 Posts
So can someone tell me what these names are or mean?

Pyunik
Banants

If these teams ever make it to any European cups then can you imagine the commentator announcing the names :sweeteye: .

Now Ararat was a name that made me proud when they did so well in USSR and Europe back in early 70s. So I hope they make it once again. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pyunik is the Armenian word for Phoenix.

Don't know about Banants.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Pyunik won all titles since year 2001, I belive they will make it once again, but their finish in season 2005 wasn't so good - they lost to Kotayk Abovyan and Banants, only draw against MIKA. But I belive with fresh power they will be once again main force of Armenian league. Maybe finally Banants will come closer.

·
Forza Nerazzuri !!!
1,298 Posts
im karciqov da hayakan banakyin timn e inchpes ruskan bkma n araj kochvum er spartak heto poghecin banants vorpes haykakn miak banakyin tim

·
Registered
590 Posts
Khent said:
So can someone tell me what these names are or mean?

Pyunik
Banants

If these teams ever make it to any European cups then can you imagine the commentator announcing the names :sweeteye: .

Now Ararat was a name that made me proud when they did so well in USSR and Europe back in early 70s. So I hope they make it once again. :)
What you are saying is stupid, Just because you don't know what the word pyunik menas, doesn't mean that it's a bad name. and who cares about foreing comentators? if they can pronounce Fenerbahche or whatever the #$% the name is is, they can certainly pronounce Pyunik and Banants..
PS what are you suggesting? that all of our team names be ARARAT???????

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Manucharian said:
What you are saying is stupid, Just because you don't know what the word pyunik menas, doesn't mean that it's a bad name. and who cares about foreing comentators? if they can pronounce Fenerbahche or whatever the #$% the name is is, they can certainly pronounce Pyunik and Banants..
Agreed, the names are not much of importance to me. At least there are No Spartaks or Lokomotivs around yet.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Manucharian said:
our league will consist of
Ararat 1
Ararat 2
Ararat 3
Ararat 4
Ararat 5
Ararat 6
Ararat 7
and of course Ararat

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am going for Banants this time around. They have dislodged Pyunik for the title of my favourite Armenian club.

1 - 20 of 583 Posts