Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 11170 Posts

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we an discuss about all Armenians abroad.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I see you actually made the thread,good idea.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've seen bunch of armenian players playing in lebanon ...In my opinion the best armenian player that i ever witnessed was Vartan Ghazarian .Ex Syunik Gapan player and he still plays with sagesse club in lebanon ...

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I think most Armenian players in Lebanon are not well known in Armenia.Am I wrong?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
yes u are ...cuse once they even got Khoren hovanissyan ,papken melikyan,Vitali aghassian ,Samuel boghossian (ALL ex Ararat players during soviet era)Kevork Kamalian (Kotayk coach)Sevada Arzoumanian (Ararat II coach )Ashod Barseghyan (current assistant coach with Banants and ex Banants apovian striker) and many moreeee.....

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Hmmm,I didn't know that,thanks for the info Real Amanos.By the way what does Amanos mean?

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Babken Melikian, oooh maaaan. Haven't heard that name for a while. He was playing in Ararat, number 10. This was in 80's ok player play, not too flushy. His dad was the team doctor.

·
Registered
590 Posts
All decent players and one Superstar (Khoren Hovanissyan) Bad coaching by Arkadiy Andreasyan, this makes the Ararat of teh 80's. However that team would have killed today's Armenian NT, I hope Edgar's genaration will do better

·
Registered
590 Posts
You know what was good about those times......... Hrazdan Stadium was allways filled to capacity, we had 70 000 loud fans, even Dinamo Kiev and Spartak Moscow couldn't win in Yerevan, except for some exceptions of course!!! That is the most that I miss from these times, People cared for Football and Ararat, and Armenians fans had a reputation of being intimidating!! how I miss that , now you could hear the fly in the air during a game.
I remember I was 14 and attanded a game Ararat Vs CSKA it was late 80's 89 if I am not mistaking. The ref was a son of a #$%. the whole game he was calling in CSKA's favour and on the 90th minute he invented a penalty and they won 1-0. The fans organized a riot, they didn't let the ref or the Russian plaeyers leave the stadium for 5 hours the anti riot Rusiian army had to come in to break up the violence. That's what I miss.. Passionate Armenian footbal fans. where have they gone?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
to better footballing teams......we need to fix how we play the game, make it more exciting, not just the scores. We need the people to feel like every game has a reason.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
back in the late 80's when i went to the games we use to park the car all the way by the surb sargis yekexetsi and walk a 2 kilometer to watch the game. it was always a full crowd with lots of energy and f*** words all over the place. Great Potchivalov was our goalie and i remember babken melikyan and also stecino help me out what was number 8 he was a skilful player mestop a lot by the goal but he could chlel everyone. those were the good old days and like always the ending was even better when people won the zhigulies or the one and only zapos.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Ehh,good old times...But the sad thing is that the fans are plenty and adicted,there just isn't a descent team to praise.Mardik iskakan footballen usum,vochte erkuhat 16 tarekan gndak tshen miceric [email protected] move must have a reason,but today in Armenia every move is done just to move.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Football needs to be inplanted back into our culture. It has come out last 10 years or so. People are after all these mind buggling things, but before it was different.

If I remember correctly here is how the squad looked like

Podshivalov (G) #1
Antonyan (G) Tallest Armenian goalie ever seen, 6'2 or 6'3, my coach
Samvel Petrosyan # 2 Mr. Fixtul
Albert Sargsyan #3 Bombasso
Ashot Xachatryan (captain) #4 kick ass defender, penalty taker
Poghos Galustyan #6
Xoren Hovanissyan #8 Armenian Maradona, but Mr. Super Fixtul
Araik Xasaboxlyan #5
Babken Melikyan #10
Hamlet Mxitaryan #11 Skillfull Striker, Reminds me little bit of VNR
Hovanes Poghosyan #9

there are about 4-5 more players, that are visually in front of me but can't remember. Who can add??

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
samvel petrosyan i heard so much about him,that guy is MEGA FIXTUL
u shld add that xorik had a very bad attitude,n was fixtul but if he wasnt good enough he wldve never been called up for the USSR nt,so in my opinion one of the few guys who had a good attitude were
MARKAROV i have his signature on my hat n on that same hat i have armen shahgeldyans sig :proud: I LOVE THAT HAT but i dont wear it.
ISHTOYAN
this is what i know who can add!
andreasyan was the worst EVER
he was just a jerk who was a fantastic talent!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
of course bro i know shahgeldyan is one of our new players i just said it to GLUX GOVAL that i have his sig :D

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
xorik was transfered in the late 80's someone else took his #8 jersey you remember who it was stec?

1 - 20 of 11170 Posts