Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CL qualifications

FC Ararat-Armenia - AIK Solna



EL qualifications

Pyunik - KF Shkupi


Alashkert - Makedonija GP


Banants - FK Čukarički
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,799 Posts
Pyunik and Alashkert must go through no excuses. Banants has the toughest opponent from the three.

AA vs. AIK is gonna be very tough

AA are having a camp in Belarus against a second division side, ukrainian PL side, and Gomel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
Great Win... but it was a low-quality game if anybody watched it. The attacking/coherence just doesn't seem to be there, they feel like amateurs... they kept prodding down the left wing, only to have errand/random lobs toward the box (i think that's what they were.) Having the opponent go down to 10 men on the 13th minute, they should've scored more. AIK evened the score while playing with 10 men, and it was a weird/fluky goal Avetisyan scored for the 2nd goal to take the lead later in the first half.

As great it is to see our guys win, I think they go to Sweden and get pasted 3-0, 4-0 next week. I hope I'm wrong, because AIK didn't impress one bit either.
 

·
ArmoNewYorker
Joined
·
582 Posts
Wow. Going down 3-1 in the 60' on a terrible mistake by Dragojevic (GK), Pyunik score in the 80th/85th minute to salvage a 3-3 draw.

Not ideal to go on the road with this scoreline but good fight from Pyunik in front of the home crowd. Cool to see them step out of Yerevan to play in Gyumri, as well.

If that was by design, great way to help grow the game. But a part of me thinks that with the upcoming U19 tournament, the Republican Stadium could be in use at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
I watched all the games today... Pyunik easily dominated that game... got scored on fluke goals/ horrible marking on counterattacks. I think they'll go out next week and get a win in Macedonia. I think Alashkert is pretty much through, and Banants is pretty much eliminated. Although Banants hung on there against Cucaricki better than I expected. They were battling them pretty well, just lacking on the attacking end (similar to Ararat-Armenia vs. AIK from Tuesday.) It felt like if they could've scored a goal at 2-1, or even lost 1-0, they might've had a bit of a prayer next week, but once it went to 3-0 it was over.

By the way, this month is gonna be insane in the number of sheer soccer games involving our favorite teams. If anybody's interested, here's my list of games of interest with Los Angeles starting times for the next few weeks.

July 13 - 6:30am - Hoffenheim v. Eintracht
July 14 - 7:45am - U19 v. Spain
July 15 - 6pm - Arsenal v. Colorado
July 16 - 8am - Banants v SRB
July 17 - 6:30am - Hoff v. Jahn Reg
July 17 - 10am - Ararat Armenia @ AIK SWE
July 17 - 10am - U19 v. Italy
July 17 - 8pm - Arsenal v. Bayern
July 18 - 7:30am - Alashkert @ MKD
July 18 - 11:30 - Pyunik @ MKD
July 20 - 10am - U19 v. Portugal
July 20 - 3pm - Arsenal v. Fiorentina
July 23 - 4pm - Arsenal v. Real Madrid
July 25 - 8am - Hof v. Verona
July 28 - 6:15am - Arsenal v. Lyon
July 31 - 10:30am - Arsenal v. Angers
August 3 - 6:30am - Hof v. Sevilla
August 4 - 2am - Hof v. Sevilla
August 4 - 10am - Arsenal v. Barcelona
August 10 9:30am - Hof v. Wurzburg
August 11 6am - Arsenal v. Newcastle
August 17 4:30am - Arsenal v. Burnley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,974 Posts
I'm not at all impressed by our clubs this year. I don't understand why they decide to strengthen and build their lineups 2-3 weeks before the start of these qualifiers. Players need time to adapt to each other and perform well as a team. This literally happens every year and they don't learn from the ensuing shitty results. With that being said, I give Pyunik a 40 percent chance of advancing and a 60 percent chance of being eliminated in Macedonia. Alashkert is in a solid position to advance. Hopefully they don't fvck things up. I am not even going to mention Banants here as I want to forget what happened to them ASAP. And Ararat Armenia is in an interesting situation. I would say its 50/50. Good luck to them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,974 Posts
Tough loss for AA, but they played their hearts out. Minasyan is doing a great job with these guys and honestly I think they can definitely pass a couple of rounds in the Europa league qualifiers. Like I said before, I wish our clubs would put some thought into building a team during the beginning of the season as opposed to waiting till the last minute. I think it could've potentially gotten AA through past AIK. By the way, AIK is a garbage ass team. Not impressed at all and our champion is more or less on the same level in my opinion. Not even exaggerating here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
Ararat Armenia will face Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) in the 2nd round of the Europa League. I hear they're a pretty good team. AA did play surprisingly well vs AIK.

Banants got pasted 8-0 over the two legs.

Alashkert are through to the 2nd round, no surprise there.

I think Pyunik will also go through today, they were outplaying the Makedonians in the first leg.

So we should have 3 teams in the 2nd round of UEL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
nice. Pyunik are through. They will face FK Jablonec (CZE) in the next round.
Ararat Armenia will face Lincoln Red Imps (GIB)
Alashkert will face FCSB (ROU)

first leg July 25th
second leg August 1st.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,974 Posts
Congratulations to Pyunik and Alashkert. I caught the last 30 minutes of Pyunik's game and apart from a few players, most don't seem to have much experience in competitive matches such as these. Hopefully they perform well against the Czech club although I'm not expecting much. Maybe a win in Yerevan to rack up some points for the APL. Also, I've noticed that Alashkert have literally been playing with the same kits for the past 4 years. Very stupid of the management.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2nd round of EL qual.

Ararat-Armenia - Lincoln Red Imps
2:0
Think they should've beat them by more than 2? Didn't score after the Gibraltar side went down to 10 men in the 49th minute...
Yes, Tashir Group should‘ve scored at least one goal more (also clear penalty not given imo), but from what I saw the 2 goal lead should be enough to qualify against Lincoln. They are a bunch of time wasting and cheating amateurs.

Possible opponent for Tashir in the next round are current Georgian champions FC Saburtalo.
 
1 - 20 of 119 Posts
Top