Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CL qualifications

Alashkert will face Santa Coloma from Andorra, again. :eek:

First round is on June 27/28. Second round July 4/5.

EL qualifications

Shirak - ND Gorica (Slovenia)

Mladost Podgorica (Montenegro) - Gandzasar

ŠK Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia) - Pyunik

Pretty boring draw. I wasn't too excited anyway, because no club will make it to the next round of EL.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shirak is pretty weak this year. Also they lost some players and need to bring in 2-3 new ones to have a starting XI. I don't expect them to make any moves. APL is at its weakest point ever.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Agree. APL at its weakest, Gandzasar being unpredictable and Shirak becoming worse month after month, with amateur transfermarket, no club direction and bad coaches and technician.
But that's football, so anything is possible!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Second round opponents:

If Alashkert beat andorrans, they'll meet Bate Borisov in 2nd Qual.
Shirak vs Panionios (Greece)
Gandzasar vs Sturm Graz (Austria)
Pyunik vs winner of Lyngby(Denmark)-Bangor Cit(Wales)

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gandzasar have the best squad on paper (compared with Shirak and Pyunik) and probably the best chances to reach the next round of EL.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't have guessed 6 months ago (heck, not even 3 months ago) that Gandzasar was going to be the strongest of the 3 Europa League sides. But with 3 good players they've had and 2 more added (and I don't mean good as APL good, but RPL material), now they actually stand a much better chance than Pyunik and Shirak.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Despite some online bullies with empty lives might call my analysis bullsh*t, I must say Alashkert's patience has been the key. The moment where this patience is the goal, when Captain Minasyan holds the ball until the perfect moment to set Dashyan for the cross (Nenadovic's backheel was exquisite). Capdevila & co being completely owned - not trying to jynx it - specially by Minasyan and Artak Yedigaryan on our right flank. Yellow card on Stojkovic was bollocks, but we can't have it all. Good game so far.
Go Alashkert!!!
Btw I don't wanna be a douche but I hope whoever insulted me because I said that despite our home win vs Montenegro, the Balkanics remained a better side overall had watched the away game. Still think placing a 5-4-1 would've been a bad idea?

Haygazuni this is not the place to talk about your feelings. Cut this crying already and grow a thicker skin.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts