Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just can't f*cking belive it,So much talk about them being the champs,First it was France,then the Argies and probably Italy next.Hope not.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
You guys must be all happy;)

It happens, and sweden are doing well in the wc:)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Man,
I was a bit sleepy in the game, although of course giving my whole undivided support to the great YELLOW SHIRT of the Swedes.

WHen they goal came along i just sumped out my bed and started celebrating so much!
THen my best friend phoned me and said: Sweden willl score another". I told him, i hope not, i want the argies to score close to the end of the game so they can suffer even more........ and that' what happened.

Of the group of death i got 5 results correct out of 6 games in teh Bolao of Globo!:eek: ;)

ANd i said all along that Argentina would not pass the first round, people thought i was messing around...but i was not.....i know my football! To all the amateurs out there....the only team that can stop Brasil is: ITALY!

:devil: :fero:

To enjoy this argie defeat even more... click here:

http://mundial2002.esportes.terra.com.br/noticia/0,4238,OI26299-EI210,00.html

and then click on "choro argentino" to see the pics of them crying.

I thought Ole newspaper was going to teach us how to take penalties....pity they forgot how to tell el burrito ortega.

Anyway, what can you expect of a team that has a flee, a donkey, a witch, a clown and leaves a rabbit at home........ FAILURE!;) :D

btw, will Boca Juniors change its colours now??:confused: :eek: :cool: :D :D :tongue:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
It should not even have been a tie. Crespo was already running in the box when Ortega struck the ball, so the goal should have been disallowed!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Serves the Argies right. What a shame.:lala:
Thats for their arrogance.

the only team that can stop Brasil is: ITALY
Ze da Fiel PLZ elaborate why u think so. I will tell u a little secret. They are my exact thoughts. But for me if there is a match between these teams. its 50-50. ;) for any team. That would be an ideal final for me.:) But ideal finals rarely happen. Italy is in a bad position right now and can leave the WC as soon as tommorow. I will keep my fingers crossed. :hopefull:

Bye

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
the only team that can stop Brasil is: ITALY!
I wouldnt be so sure :D

theres still many teams left which could give the mighty Brazilians a run for there money:-

England
Italy
Germany
spain
portugal etc.

Anyway good luck to you Brazilians, i sure know England will need it to go further.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Why,
Cause France got knocked out cause they were simply AWFUL. Argentina because they were caght in a tactical trap by Engalnd and i really doubted they would cange there tactics for Sweden...... i was right and they got out aswell.

And Italy were ROBBED against Croatia...played there usual poaching game, and i think they will beat Mexico! If they beat Mexico (which i think they will) they got all the tools to reach the final IMO!

England we have eveyrhitng ot beat tehm...same as Sweden and the real tough one will be Italy.....which i will not say nothing!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Tim said:
It should not even have been a tie. Crespo was already running in the box when Ortega struck the ball, so the goal should have been disallowed!

That's true, but have you ever seen that foul called? Ever? I haven't. Doesn't mean it wasn't an infraction, but they never call that stuff. Same with the keeper moving before the shot or moving off his line before the PK. They never call it.

As for Italy making the final, I think it's possible, but I have this feeling that we may not see them past tomorrow. This seems to be a crazy WC and all sorts of things are happening. Scolari quit playing two DMs, Argentina and France are out.......what next? ;)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze, i also picked a brazil italy final before the world cup started.

i figured the final four would be italy x portugal and brazil x argentina, with brazil beating italy in the final. (i predicted england would come second in the group and lose to brazil in the quarters in the best world cup match since italyxbrazil 1982.)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Dae, the penalty against Sweden should have never been called in the first place. I watched a few replays of the foul on Ortega, and it wasn't a foul. Actually, he should have been carded. The little cheat hunched down a bit and lowered his shin on to the Swedish defender's extended leg. When he had made contact, Ortega jumped forward and on the ground. Even the commentators immediately noted that it was a dive by Ortega.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
some things are just not meant to be:greed: i am sure the argies thought they would rule football and become the next brasil:mad: simply because brasil had a bad qualifying campaign they think there football is better:mad:

but i need some info:confused:
i have been a fan of brasil since 1997, i can undertand the rivalry between brasil and argwentina, but how long has it been going on for so the two nations can hate eachother so much??
ze?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
MOre than 200 years.

The rivarly is mainly on football, but also things the rivarly is huge....such as economics and politics

Argentina before was a richer country than us (about 60 years ago), and due to there colonization which as mainly euroepean they always had an air of superiority! (although we also have a euro colonozation, but we have additions of Brazilian indians and black, which is much less in Argentina)

WHile our country has one of th e biggest potentials to grow and become a major power in theworld (we have the potential despite never capitalizing on it) there country has just gonne down. They used to be the 7th biggest economy in the world and today they are shattered (which is bad for both Brazil and Arg, i do honelsty which they could get thre stuff together in the economical aspect). All this makes themn even more jealous of us.

Also, the military has a historic rivarly. I think the only time the 2 countires have made operations together was in 97. I mean we fought in the paraguay war in the 1800's, but comments from the time (and a grand father of an old teacher of mine) he said that who did all the battling were the brazilians, instead of the argies (which it is a shame...cause wars are a pretty sad thing to talk about!:eek: :( )

Also in 78 we built the Itaipu damp, which is the second biggest of the world. If we open the doors, Buenos aires wil be flooded in 6 hours......this almost caused a war between the 2 counitres......something difficult to happen now, cause all we have to do to finish them is press one botton and let nature take care of the rest........somehting we won't be doing!

Btw, the only country to help argentina in the malvinas war was Brazil! Even uruguay tunned there back on them, while we gave them help (not quite though...we gave our medicines!!:eek: :D :D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Cry For Yourself, Argentina!

I wasn't able to post before, but I want to register my sorrow and grave disappointment at Argentina's elimination. It's a shame! :D I'm very, very, very, very deeply sad. Can you guys tell I'm sad? :rolleyes: I'm wounded!

I mean, it's an outrage! Imagine Maradona, after saying England feared them and being proven wrong, then waiting for SO long to be able to go to the Cup - only to have his pals thrown out before he could even arrive on Japan! THEN people wonder why Dieguito is such a disgusting, whining slob - with this kind of disappointments becoming so frequent, being obnoxious is the only hope of entertainment for 'El Pibe'!

I mean - with all their hoopla and hype and self-importance, when was it that the Argentinian NT actually won a trophy, any trophy?!? They haven't touched any of the last Copa Americas, and World Cup-winning is apparently too difficult. :rolleyes: Amazing that they manage to rate themselves so highly, huh? :howler:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. My heart bleeds! ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is how I perceived the nonsense of the Argentina hype.

Before WC, the media wanted to find a rival who SEEMED to have the biggest chance to challenge the defending champion.

1. Since France won Euro2000, all other European teams were ruled out.

2. Brazil was also ruled out as it didn't do well in the qualifiers on purpose.

3. So, they were left with Argentina.

Argentina surely could play like they ruled the world' if you knew the level of other South American teams. But Argentina's problems became obvious when they played Germany, and even vs Wales. By that time, the media had to force themselves as well as those who knew nothing about football to keep their faith in Argentina. Why? Because they had no way back.

As a matter of fact, Argentina was NOT REALLY that bad in those 3 matches. But the point is both England and Sweden were MARGINALLY better. And such margin is enough to wake these daydreamers up. That was EXACTLY what I wanted to see!:D

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Also in 78 we built the Itaipu damp, which is the second biggest of the world. If we open the doors, Buenos aires wil be flooded in 6 hours......this almost caused a war between the 2 counitres......
where did you get that??? and almost caused a war??? when was that???

As a matter of fact, Argentina was NOT REALLY that bad in those 3 matches. But the point is both England and Sweden were MARGINALLY better.
did you see arg - sweden. i guess you didnt, otherway you cannot say that bullsh¡t. but i agree we had a terrible match against england, specially in the first half.
we also outplayed nigeria, so i believe that it was unfair to get eliminated, but we all know football is not fair. just remember arg - bra in the wc90.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
batigold said:

did you see arg - sweden. i guess you didnt, otherway you cannot say that bullsh¡t. but i agree we had a terrible match against england, specially in the first half.
we also outplayed nigeria, so i believe that it was unfair to get eliminated, but we all know football is not fair. just remember arg - bra in the wc90.
Better team won and the ****ty team was out,it was proven on the field.No bu**** or waste my fukking time. WC 90 was a decade ago,how about Sao Paulo 3-1 and before that 4-2 in my home town,
btw you shouldn't even be showing up in forums for a while.And change your name to batinogold.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Batigold,
It was around 79-80. My old teacher was in the meetings, and the 2 countires were almost going to war when Presidetn Figueredo told everyone to leave the room,excpet teh Argie president. He said: " Hey, it's bad for the 2 countries.....if we get into the war, we will both suffer a lot, but you uys will lose , cause our population is 5 times the size of yours, and we have more money tha you."

Tht's when the argie government decided to go for Malvinas, as they needed a reason to be in power as they were losing it! This was my old teacher , who has worked many years for the Brazilian government!

Garrincha,

Can you tell me when will Argentina win a World Cup without cheating?:confused: :rolleyes: :D :D

I THINK IT WILL BE NEVER. FOR THAT YOU NEED TRADITION, ART, FOOTBALL FOLCLORE.......SOMETHING THE OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE!:tongue: :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
An Argie infected Brain!

A mind of a typical blind argie! with a little dose of self acclaimed ego and arrogance......... added with jealousy spice!;) :D :D

Drom the great Dieguito.....in Lance they had a happy monkey (a macaquito for them:D ) eating a banana!

VIVA LOS MACAQUITOS... SO PENSAN EN DINERO E GANAM TODOS LOS MUNDIALES!!!!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: ;) ;) :D :D NOSOTROS TREMEMOS CON LA RESPONSABILIDAD!

Papo com o Dieguito

DIEGUITO
[email protected]

Batigol en las redes, Don Diego en el ciéu

Bamo, bamo, amigos de Brasil. Ai, ai, ai, está tchegando a hora... La hora de Batigol dar su adeus.

Sem dubida Batigol é el melhor delanteiro da história do fútbol. Solamente ele pode ter fetcho mais gols por nuesso país que o melhor dos mejores, Don Diego Maradona.

Con nossa breve viagem para fatzer compras no Japão, Batigol decidiu que está cansado dessa vida de gols pela Azul y Blanca e ahora quer descansar ensacando las redes italianas. Justiça. Ele és o mejor, puede fatzer o que quiser. Está en el ciéu.

Entón, nada mas justo que una partida para dar o adeus en la Seleción a el maior goleador del mundo. Afinal, aposentar la Nueve seria o cierto, mas depués do papelón que a Fifa fez com El Pibe de Oro...

Aguardamos por ti, Batigol, para todo siempre el melhor en las redes.

Por hablar em melhor do mundo, soube ontem que Don Diego Maradona quier trenar Argentina. Y lo faria de graça. Quiem és rei nunca pierde sua majestade. Don Diego, otra vez mostró porque es o melhor. Não pensa em dinero, no es empresario, só quier o bem de nosso time. Se todos los 10 fossem tambiém perfechos fora de campo como és Don Diego vocês brasileños estarian mais felizes. Rivaldo es un zero a esquierda.

Ah, pediram para eu hablar de Copa do Mundo. Sabe o que? Viva Argentina! Y aquela...

Banana para usted!

La primera é inesquecíbel

Ontem tchegó un e-mail de un leitor argentino, tchamado Federico Malagrino. Foi emocionante ver tchegar a primeira mensage de apoio a minha missión. Malagrino, hablamos a mesma língua. Tudo o que usted me desejó, quiero para ti.

De resto, banana para usted!

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
kaiserh said:

Better team won and the ****ty team was out,it was proven on the field.No bu**** or waste my fukking time. WC 90 was a decade ago,how about Sao Paulo 3-1 and before that 4-2 in my home town,
btw you shouldn't even be showing up in forums for a while.And change your name to batinogold.
OMG, you must be one of the most stupid poster in all xtratime. im glad you are brazie (what did i expect??):tongue:

thx for the info, ze.

btw, how much did you pay to the korean ref??? i guess you paid less than what rivaldo had to pay for over-acting.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts