Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The player Desabato from Quilmes of Argentina was arrested after the Libertadores game between Quilmes and São Paulo in Brasil. He will spend the night in jail (exactly where he belongs). The TV caught the moment that Desabat called Grafite from São Paulo a negro. Fabão also form São Paulo said that the argentinian also called Grafite a monkey and something that can be translated into " a dirty nigg**". Grafite pushed Desabato's face and got sent off.
Racism acts were also made bye Quilmes players and fans in Argentina against São Paulo last week. Grafite entered the game with the wristbands against racism today because of that.
Grafite has already pressed charges against Desabato. And the media is reporting that he was crying after the game because of the racist remarks.
Come on guys, Racism has to stop. I am sorry to my argentinian friends here but everybody nows that this happen a lot when they face brazilian teams.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
brasileiro said:
The player Desabato from Quilmes of Argentina was arrested after the Libertadores game between Quilmes and São Paulo. He will spend the night in jail (exactly where he belongs). The TV caught the moment that Desabat called Grafite from São Paulo a negro. Fabão also form São Paulo said that the argentinian also called Grafite a monkey and something that can be translated into " a dirty nigg**". Grafite pushed Desabato's face and got sent off.
Racism acts were also made bye Quilmes players and fans in Argentina against São Paulo last week. Grafite entered the game with the wristbands against racism today because of that.
Grafite has already pressed charges against Desabato. And the media is reporting that he was crying after the game because of the racist remarks.
Come on guys, Racism has to stop. I am sorry to my argentinian friends here but everybody nows that this happen a lot when they face brazilian teams.
You get put into jail for that?

What a joke Argentina is.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
brasileiro said:
The game was here in Brasil. Of course you go to jail for that. Racism is a crime.
Calling someone a 'nigg*r' is not nice but hardly worthy of being put in jail.

What about the 100'00's people in Spain which make monkey noises when black players touch the ball? Whack them in jail?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
South_Melbourne said:
What about the 100'00's people in Spain which make monkey noises when black players touch the ball? Whack them in jail?
It is Spain problem if they don't anything against that. They should do something.

South_Melbourne said:
Calling someone a 'nigg*r' is not nice but hardly worthy of being put in jail
Well, I guess we have different moral values. For me racism is worhty being put in jail and it is a crime in the brazilian penal code.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
brasileiro said:
It is Spain problem if they don't anything against that. They should do something. .
What you surgest they do?

Well, I guess we have different moral values. For me racism is worhty being put in jail and it is a crime in the brazilian penal code
I would have Brazil as a coutnry would have more important things to worry about (drug dealers, people in ghettos, major not petty crimes) rather than a bloke saying 'nigg*r'

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
South_Melbourne said:
What you surgest they do?

I would have Brazil as a coutnry would have more important things to worry about (drug dealers, people in ghettos, major not petty crimes) rather than a bloke saying 'nigg*r'
One mistake does not justify another. Don't bring brazilian problems to justify racism. Racism is a terrible crime that humiliates a person and Brasil and all contries should worry about it no matter what.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
brasileiro said:
One mistake does not justify another. Don't bring brazilian problems to justify racism. Racism is a terrible crime that humiliates a person and Brasil and all contries should worry about it no matter what.
Calling someone a Nigg*r is not a good thing. I accpet that. He should be banend from soccer for a time period or something similar.

However to be put into jail for calling someone a nigg*r seem 'soft' for mine.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We can not take racism as a minor issue. It is a major problem that can lead to other crimes. If you want to take it as something not important, fine. But I know that many others and myself won't.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
brasileiro said:
We can not take racism as a minor issue. It is a major problem that can lead to other crimes.
If someone comes up to me on the street and calls me a nigg*r/wog/abo and I tell a policeman do you beleive they should be put in jail?

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
Brazil as a country must worry with education and Racism for sure is not. While the effect is relative. When someone is accused of a crime he must be arrested to have the charges made against him. That is why the player will spend sometime in Jail tonight, but overall he will left quickly.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I don't get it. What are you trying to argue melbourne? obviously in Brazil they have much stricter rules about racism and they probably have to because of the diversity there. what is brazil doing wrong by punishing stupid racists?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
yaf said:
I don't get it. What are you trying to argue melbourne? obviously in Brazil they have much stricter rules about racism and they probably have to because of the diversity there. what is brazil doing wrong by punishing stupid racists?
You think being put in jail for saying 'nigg*r' is reasonable?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes, why wouldn't it be? Why should we tolerate idiots?

You are provoking someone, you are hurting that person.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
yaf said:
Yes, why wouldn't it be? Why should we tolerate idiots?

You are provoking someone, you are hurting that person.
If you put everyone in jail who has made a racist comment you are going to have 10's of millions of people there.

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
We do not put everyone who made a racist comment in jail, but they can be prosecuted by law and therefore, arrested to make a investigation, so you can determine how serious was the offense. And that happened. However, If we put in jail everyone that made racist offenses then 10 millions of people would keep their mouth shut more often.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
JCamilo said:
We do not put everyone who made a racist comment in jail, but they can be prosecuted by law and therefore, arrested to make a investigation, so you can determine how serious was the offense. And that happened. However, If we put in jail everyone that made racist offenses then 10 millions of people would keep their mouth shut more often.
So does the average person on the street which makes a racist comment. Does he go to jail?

If not why did this footballer go to Jail? Purly for being famous?

1 - 20 of 270 Posts