Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just have a question about Argentinian football...how does it all work....there is Apertura (which i believe is the championship) and what's the deal with Clausura or something that is supposed to start in February and the what is the equivalent of South American soccer to Champions league and UEFA cup and when does it all start......if somebody could help me sort it all out i would really appreciate.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There are no differences between Apertura and Clausura. It´s just that Apertura opens the season and Clausura closes it (Apertura means "opening", and Clausra means "closure"). Therefore promotions and relegations occur after Clausura and not after Apertura. But, as far as the championship is concerned they're the same.

The closest thing to Champions League is Copa Libertadores. It's played from February till July. (I think this year is gonna end a little bit late due to the WC)
There is no equivalent to UEFA Cup since Copa Conmebol was discontinued a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
170 Posts
can someone give me a good site for River Plate & Boca Juniors? I'm looking for the squad lits for both and the one on River Plate's official site isnt updated and the Boca Junior site is down (or i cant connect 2 it) Thanks:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts