Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BUENOS AIRES, May 6 (AFP) - Argentina coach Marcelo Bielsa denied he had threatened to resign from his position here Monday, saying he would definitely lead the South Americans into battle at the World Cup finals.

Bielsa has been at the centre of a long-running wrangle with the Argentina Football Association (AFA), claiming he is owed thousands of dollars in unpaid wages.

Reports have said the coach would resign if he is not paid money the owing to him by the federation, which has been hit by Argentina's crippling financial crisis.

But Bielsa sought to play down his differences with the AFA here Monday - and insisted there was no chance of him quitting as Argentina prepare to face England, Nigeria and Sweden in the World Cup's 'group of death'.

"My professional commitments always mean more to me than my personal interests," Bielsa said at a press conference shortly before leaving for Europe, where Argentina will hold a pre-World Cup training camp.

"I have never thought about not going to the World Cup," he added. "I have got problems with my employers but they are for me and the federation to settle. There is no need for it to interfere with my job as coach."

Article courtesy of AFP.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Maybe Bielsa should sue the pants off the SOB:mad: that published such a lie"planetfootball.com", I bet we can get money from him to pay off his salary, it would be a pleasure. I don't understand what they were trying to do, maybe disunite us? not a chance, we re united as ever:fero: but now this is getting personal and with the WC so close, Argentina should turn the fury towards those who attack us.There was never any doubt in my mind that this was staged, but I also believe that there should be financial consequences for those responsable in publishing such piece of:ass: , that is an example of horrible journalism and something should be done about it.Those that consider the argentine football team as a cheat, like mister Savage:ass: , maybe ought to look in the mirror and think twice,the argentina press is not going around saying that Posh spice slept with half the world in order to depress the spice boy, we don't need to. This type of dirty tactics have nothing to do with football and shows the poor judgement and sportsmanship and who the cheats really are.:dielaugh:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Federico-Texas said:
Maybe Bielsa should sue the pants off the SOB:mad: that published such a lie"planetfootball.com", I bet we can get money from him to pay off his salary, it would be a pleasure. I don't understand what they were trying to do, maybe disunite us? not a chance, we re united as ever:fero: but now this is getting personal and with the WC so close, Argentina should turn the fury towards those who attack us.There was never any doubt in my mind that this was staged, but I also believe that there should be financial consequences for those responsable in publishing such piece of:ass: , that is an example of horrible journalism and something should be done about it.Those that consider the argentine football team as a cheat, like mister Savage:ass: , maybe ought to look in the mirror and think twice,the argentina press is not going around saying that Posh spice slept with half the world in order to depress the spice boy, we don't need to. This type of dirty tactics have nothing to do with football and shows the poor judgement and sportsmanship and who the cheats really are.:dielaugh:

Don't worry man, we don't need that, the english are really sacred of us, especially now that they have Spice Boy out...making stories and all...

Bielsa is not going anywhere..he's a man of his word...

The biggest revenge will be when we beat those bastards in the WC...SWEET:::

·
Registered
271 Posts
Jeezus, grow up :rolleyes: . Only the other day people were saying the english should get over the hand of god of '86, and here you are getting upset over a couple of column inches in the british tabloids.

If they wanted to upset some argie fans they've obviously succeeded.

BTW, "Spice Boy" is not out, he's gonna be back in time for the WC.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
leg100 said:
Jeezus, grow up :rolleyes: . Only the other day people were saying the english should get over the hand of god of '86, and here you are getting upset over a couple of column inches in the british tabloids.

If they wanted to upset some argie fans they've obviously succeeded.

BTW, "Spice Boy" is not out, he's gonna be back in time for the WC.
God..i've read that Beckham will play only "part" of the WC...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I hope spiceboy plays it all:wallbang: :crybaby: I heard Simeone is also back and scored a goal, maybe Aldo Duscher should get a call, I would like to see Comizzo play that game as well.:devil: maybe even Juan Esnaider:boxing: but it would be even better if we just follow what Perfumo said, and spend the afternoon of June 7 th perfoming plumming and perforation sessions on the English goal and beat them fair and square, off course, they will find a reason, as always, to justify:frownani:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts