did any one saw the match
it is really good match
AYALA show what he is
for me
AYALA was best player in the pitch
and then gonzalez and then simeone
my ratings

1-cavallero :did not see chances to make saves

6-chamot:showed some great takles and he make some offensive mistakes he deserved 6.5

2-AYALA: he did every thing he can do he is great he is the leader in the first he marked sherer but sheirer does'nt deserve him then he marked heskey(best english player and he make him cry and after that heskey been substitud
i will give him 7.5

4-senseni:he make good mistake but he make good tackles also 6

14-pochitinio: he was solid and he helps ayala a lot 6.5

8-zanetti:in the first half did not make anything special but in the second showed some great runs 6

3-arraubarena :(the new boy): he is did not showed somthing special either 6

5-semione: he is great in defensive medfeilder role he was fantastic and clever
he deserved 7 i think

11-veron was normal in forst half and graet in the second he is really VERON 6.5

10-ortega was runing in all the pitch from the first minitie he is always good
he deserved 6,5 i think

batigol:the plan was not support him he did not make anything maybe 6 or 5,5 will be good

7-gonzalez: he was our man in the attack
he showed that he is a class player
I WANT HIM IN ITALY when he touch the ball
the defence don't know what to do
maybe he deserved 7

18-crespo: the same as bati but he showed some right runs 6 will be good

BYE guys

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i saw the match too and i think the first half, argentina tried to play mostly defence because they knew that if they attacked, england would have scored...but the second half argentina showed its ball control that is so great in the midfield and mostly dominated, but couldnt create the big threat on the english net(full credit to the england defence)..i think england's defence is one of the best in the world and they showed it by shutting out ortega..ariel tried everything in his power, but sol campbell stoped him everytime...i think kily gonzalez was the best player for argentina..simeone was solid like usual...ortega has all his good moves and veron was contributing nicely on the field.

argentina played very well due to cercumstances of being in england, playing a team which desperately wants to beat us..i think argentina was very worried of giving up a goal so they were defensive the whole game.

·
Registered
86 Posts
From a neutral point of view I think the England - Argentina match was quite boring. Argentina seemed to be afraid of losing and played a defensive game. Veron and Ayala did well in my opinion, but I think Bielsa made a mistake of substituting Batistuta early in the second half.

He hadn't done much, but how many times haven't we seen him virtually out of the game and then suddenly one chance and GOAL!

I think this was a game for Batistuta scoring a winning goal. A tight match with few chances. May be he was substituted because he had a game already on Saturday night vs Parma. I don't know..

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
jan A, i think the reason why batistuta was substituted was because he was not getting any chances on attack, and that argentina has great forwards to replace him with that can also score goals too....another factor is that he plays over the weekend with his club so he didnt want to tire batigol....

a friendly game like that is not too important to keep him in there with the age of 31...we got crespo and piojo lopez to take his place with no worries of lack of skills..

i remember the wc98 match against england when batigol was substituted in the second half...its no problem for me...i can count on the others to score goals.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
That was a lame match. In my opionion Argentina was lucky to escape with the draw, but showed that they can take the pressure in Webley

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Can anyone tell me more about Christian Gonzalez?

S

·
0 Posts
Who do you think is the best starting eleven for Argentina right now? I think:
Bonano
Pochettino Ayala/Sensini Samuel
Zanetti Sorin
Redondo
Veron/Gallardo
Ortega Lopez
Batistuta

·