Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Zanetti

Votes: 5 13.5%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usualy Simeone, but some times Ayala and Batistuta and others.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Simeone without a shadow of doubt.:)

One of the few players who's determination can change the outcome of the team performace on any day.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I would go with Ayala. Bielsa unlike many managers allows the players to elect their own captain and Ayala has been previously selected by his teammates to captain Argentina.

Veron also once captained Argentina and that was against Wales though on that day we were missing many first team players including possible captains such as Ayala, Bati and Zanetti.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i think it should be simoene. not just for being the most capped player ever wore the NT jersey, but also for what he means for the team and for the people.

but like czar said, the team has alredy elected its captain. and Ayala has fairly won this honour. its not a wrong decision, but IMHO, el cholo deserves it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Actually there was an election back in 1999 were the players elected Sensini, Batistuta and Ayala as their captains, since Sensini wasn't in most of the qualifiers Batistuta was the captain, but he missed a lot of the qualifiers, especially in the last leg, and then Ayala was the captain. i believe they are going to vote again in the WC to elect the captain, i would go for Batistuta, eventhough i believe Ayala deserves it mor, and would probably get the armband in the WC.

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
I agree with Batigold:) Ayala may be selected captain fairly but I just feel that Simeone should be the capt. :) But I guess it's the players' opinion that matters, not mine:D

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Ayala has been elected/appointed captain off and on since at least the 1995 Copa America. (Passarella appointed the captains, while Bielsa allows the players to elect their own captain)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ayala seems perfect for the job, I am sure. But I always look at Simeone as a great leader & i wouldn't be surprised if he got the arm band this time around;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Although Simeone would be the best captain and motivator I think it would be cool if we won the WC with Batistuta captain and imagine if he finished top scorer............he would retire with the ending he deserves (I think)

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Batistuta can be the best palyer in WC history if he wins the WC plus:
1. Scoring his third hatrick in WC finals.
2. Scoring six goals in the finals, means Bati will be all time best scorer with 15 goals in WC history.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That would be so sweet, very hard though, i've been dreaming of Bati lifting the Cup since 1999, hope it can come true, then he could retire with the maximous honour...

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the palyers voted for Ayala to be our captin.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think it was the best decision as i think Bati will not play all the games where as Ayala will.
That must have also had something to do with the decision.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts