Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pekerman announced today a list of 20 players for tomorrow's match, I am glad that he kept Cambiasso and Palacio, but not happy about lifting Lux out of the squade without giving him the chance :(

The list of 20 players:
Roberto Ayala, Gabriel Heinze, Juan Pablo Sorín, Javier Zanetti, Juan Román Riquelme, Hernán Crespo, Javier Saviola, Fabricio Coloccini, Diego Placente, Leonardo Franco, Roberto Abbondanzieri, Luis González, Javier Mascherano, Luciano Galletti, Rodrigo Palacio, Luciano Figueroa, Esteban Cambiasso, Lionel Scaloni, Maximiliano Rodríguez y Gabriel Milito.

According to the names, I would like to see the starting 11 as this:

---------------- El Pato ------------------

Zanetti ------ Ayala -- Heinze ------ Sorin

-------- Mascherano --------------------

--------------------- Cambaisso ---------

-- Lucho --------------------------------

--------------- Riquelme -----------------

------------ Saviola -- Crespo -------------​

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
hmm odd no aimar but looks like a great starting 11

I think we should move heinze to LB and samuel to CB

even though it isn't his natural position he play pretty well there and samuel is a great defender as well'

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Aimar is injured, like Delgado, anyway I will prefer someone to help Roman with other characteristics, with change of rythim, not taking out Lucho, adding someone to them instaed of the lately omnipresent double pivot...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Peckerman will most likely field the team like this.

------- Abbondanzieri

------- Ayala - Milito

Zanetti ------------- Heinze

------- Cambiasso

L. Gonzalez ------ Sorin

------- Riquelme -------

---- Saviola - Crespo

Or he may field this team if he decides to go with a three man back line.

------- Abbondanzieri

--------- Ayala

Zanetti --------- Heinze

-- Mascherano - Cambiasso

L. Gonzalez -------- Sorin

------- Riquelme -------

---- Galletti - Crespo

·
Registered
342 Posts
Reynaldo Rueda said that he might be starting in Argentina with the same 11 he used in VENEZUELA! :scared: :scared: :scared:

·
18,041 Posts
Riquelme needs at least another striker, or real off mid, Colombia will try to double mark him for sure...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
With Zanetti, Sorin and even Heinze constantly going up he won't need anyone else other than Gonzalez to play with in the midfield. Now, if Saviola starts that's yet another partner as we know how Saviola likes to play wide (like Tevez) and have the ball controlled on his feet before facing the goal.

Colombia is going to get killed on the wings if they put too much emphasis on marking Riquelme.

·
18,041 Posts
Zanetti, Sorin and even Heinze
defenders Loco, defenders, the main problem Argentina faced with Bielsa's offensive.

En realidad estaba pensando mas en futuro. A Argentina le falta alguien que meta el cambio de ritmo con claridad en los ultimos metros, tiene nombre y apellido: Pablito Aimar. Eso nos da un organizador de juego clasico con Roman, y un mediapunta explosivo e inteligente con Pablito.
Como hasta ahora no se pudo dar, me gustaria probara un esquema con tres delanteros. Sorin, Zanetti, se embarullan, hasta el mismo Saviola cae en esa a veces. Crespo esta para empujarla, no le pidas mas porque la caga.
Entonces te queda como real volante oifensivo a Lucho y Roman, son dos grossos!! pero Lucho aun teniendo mas dinamica, no es Pablito, y es mucho mas parecido a Roman.
No me malinterpretes, contra Colombia hasta pueden hacer un partidazo, pero no quiero ver que cuando un equipo Europeo nos embarre la cancha: poblar el medio de volantes def, 87 jugadores abajo del arco, terminemos solo abriendo la cancha a lo Bielsa, otra vez sopa NO. Por eso mas vale que empieze a probar mas pibes que sepan sacarse de encima rivales, y tengan claridad en donde importa, ahi donde a Sorin y Zanetti por mas goles que hagan se les nubla.
Esta de moda el doble pivot, y con tipos como Masche, Cambiasso, etc..casi que no jode tanto..pero jode, porque a los nuestros les gusta jugar solos, y lo hacen mejor asi, y porque si le seguimos la corriente a los rivales, termina todo en el barullo que vimos incluso con Pekerman ante Chile.
Con un solo medio defensivo (no a ultranza, si el partido pide 4, que vayan los cuatro), y la solidaridad de capos como Lucho G. (la dupla con Masche fue perfecta con Bielsa), alcanza para hacer lugar a un delantero mas o volate ofensivo.
Compensamos con una linea de 4 del carajo (nos sobran).

Ponele a modo de ejemplo, variando al tuyo, para mañana:

------- Abbondanzieri

------- Ayala - Milito

Zanetti ------------- Sorin

------- Cambiasso (preferible Mascherano, que es mas bulldog que Esteban, este quita mas por anticipo, ubicación, y mejor toque, pero teniendo ya a Roman-Lucho lo ultimo esta cubierto)

L. Gonzalez ------ Riquelme

---- Saviola - Crespo - Palacio (Galetti debe estar fundido)

Es muy arriesgado? y en parte si por el toqueteo de Colombia en el medio, pero este equipo tiene polvora para contraatacar, para desequilibrar en el uno a uno, para meter bochas, para meter centros, obvio sin solidaridad para: mostrase como opcion de pase, y ayudar a marcar y pasar la linea de la pelota cuando ns atacan, con el toque de Colombia se complica, pero vale la pena.
No lo va a hacer igual, va a preferir pelear mas el medio con garra, y utilizar a Sorin o Zanetti como variante ofensiva, y tiene todo para jugar muy bien igual y ganar bien...pero porque no empezar a probar, antes de quemar naves sin que se caiga una idea como contra Suecia?.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fangio said:
anyway I will prefer someone to help Roman with other characteristics, with change of rythim, not taking out Lucho, adding someone to them instaed of the lately omnipresent double pivot...
But I think both Cambiasso and Lucho can help him with this, both players were so good with their club's, even they have been scoring goals lately, I always consider Cambiasso as DM but with attacking attitued, also he has been making goals for others in Inter and in our 2nd goal against Germany... The same goes with Lucho.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Poor first half until the -stupid- red card for Vargaz after that Argentina pressed but couldn't get a goal. I really didn't like the way Argentina played in the first half but credit to Colombia, they really closed the players down well and didn't give Roman much space to create anything. Lucho has been disappointing so far IMO, with Roman well marked, I was expecting Lucho to take over but he hasn't done much..

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Good second half, owned the ball and totally outplayed Colombia with Roman running the show. I don't like the way Argentina played before the sending off but after the sending off it was really one way traffic.

Roman, Saviola, Cambiasso, Lucho and Heinze were the best players tonight. Crespo was disappointing.. we need a better striker IMO but there aren't many better options available, Pekerman should try Tevez in that position..

·
18,041 Posts
well we almost are classified, I hate to be right when comes to predict a possibly malfunction. Also was noticeable that the consigna was winning and not loosing in any possible way, this made us be too much precautious and sincerely I hate to watch Bielsa 2, without even the pression in attack.
I will take it easy because we have to classify first and are three really important points, but again: the crossing machine, again players that can't dribble, again many def mids and defenders in the middle, and better Pekerman goes back to his old philosophy. Finally boring, but important points.

With the usuall discussions here, I have to say that I will not like if Pekerman don't call at least Tevez from the not called for the WC, we need forwards with dribble.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
the problem was the middle was too bunched up.. it might of been mainly do to colombia playing everyone back.... gelleti didn't do much other then that pass for goal which was a great thru ball from roman ...i didnt get to see the first half so i dont know how they played but second alot of the possesion was there but not many scoring chances .. i wanna see roman take some shots out of the 18 but it was hard today cause of the packed middle

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Fangio said:
well we almost are classified, I hate to be right when comes to predict a possibly malfunction. Also was noticeable that the consigna was winning and not loosing in any possible way, this made us be too much precautious and sincerely I hate to watch Bielsa 2, without even the pression in attack.
I will take it easy because we have to classify first and are three really important points, but again: the crossing machine, again players that can't dribble, again many def mids and defenders in the middle, and better Pekerman goes back to his old philosophy. Finally boring, but important points.

With the usuall discussions here, I have to say that I will not like if Pekerman don't call at least Tevez from the not called for the WC, we need forwards with dribble.
Yup, the team really really missed an Aimar, d'alessandro, Tevez etc. the only player attempting to dribble was Saviola and whenever he did it, he created havoc among Colombias defence, got a player sent off, won many dangerous freekicks..

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fangio said:
Agree, plus we badly need Aimar with Roman, I think Colombia marked him very well tonight and he didn't find any help around him, Roman was always sending the ball left or right to Sorin or Luis and Galletti after that, someone should be around him and Pekerman can put two of three (Cambiasso, Mascherano and Luis) as I prefer the 1st two.

Now we have to wait until June which going to be a full month of futbol for us, Tevez should work very hard to convice Pekerman.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KnoccOut said:
i think d'alessandro would be nice with roman ...unless he's injuried like aimar too?
He was injured, Andres returned playing in the last matches in Germany.

But the best one playing with Roman is Aimar.. no doubt about it, I see him more complete playermaker than Andres.

·
18,041 Posts
This exact team with only another forward could work better, but is the usuall having a goalscorer with the ability of a tree and joining two off mids too much similar, what takes football from us. But is understandable the fear of loosing in a counter, that Argentina deal every game.

I didn't mentioned Tevez as the holy saviour, because he isn't, but I think we cannot leave him out even in a just ok form. But this addition has to do with the future, not with the recently past game against Colombia. Roman was far from bad, as far from good, he didn't find a socio, and when use one ocassionaly, usually the last pass gfailed, in fact in Roman was one of the few with Saviola that tried one on ones to create space, and was fouled many times.

We won and is more than ok, what I want is to began to leave the double pivot as an usuall tactical disposition, can be use in some point at some game, but on the contrary of what many think, when I find a team with such defensive disposition, is better to have or: one more REAL off mid (Aimar-Solari-Andres..etc..) or another forward (wing or not). Galletti was good taken in account the few balls he received and like Saviola he likes to face rivals.

The thing is that Argentina was too much predictable, because one thing is to play asfe, to have the ball, another to have it and not use it properly, when I see four consecutive passes where the players almost turn, look at the face of the mate, make a sign, printed in newsapers, and finally pass the ball to that player I blind man knows he is going to pass it = shit possesion. That is something to bework, and to find players that provide that. The worse fault of Roman today was precisly that, very few times he did what nobody expected, more than being awuful was that.

I will be worried if after being qualify I don't see more risk in the passing, more speed in it, for now, just pointing issues, but far from killing this team.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
MoMo said:
Yup, the team really really missed an Aimar, d'alessandro, Tevez etc. the only player attempting to dribble was Saviola and whenever he did it, he created havoc among Colombias defence, got a player sent off, won many dangerous freekicks..
so true, saviola caused plenty of pressure. I say we need to play Aimar instead of cambiasso

crespo needs to go, he was terrible, crespo is good for AC but he does not fit the way Argentina plays.

I believe a saviola-tevez as forwards would work great, we lose in the air but we shouldn't play with that cross mentality anyway.

Some of the passing strings argentina had in the 1st half were beautiful. I really enjoyed watching them in the 20-40 min in the 1st half

Crespo, Please leave like Veron, Tevez please join like Roman

more attack less D, Aimar for cambiasso

1 - 20 of 51 Posts