Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will be only about the big match....
Lets start it with Zanetti Msg:

The agentine Javier Zanetti, from Inter, is
secure that his national team will win Brazil in
the Wednesday match, in São Paulo. `We will win
this game, even if Brazil has so much will to win
to cancel this bad moment. And I don’t think that
it will be a very difficult game. Everybody told
that that one against Colombia should be hard,
but we won it. But we’re very exciting about this
game`.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i dont like it that zanetti said that...look at big mouth rivaldo...he says sh*t all the but his team keeps on dissapointing...Ze, i know you agree that players being cocky is not good for the national team. there are a couple of them in brazil. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Argentina is simply wonderful...its the best time for Argentina to teach the arrogant Brazil a good lesson..

read what Brazilian's said..Antonio Carlos, who could take over the captain's role against Argentina, upset his colleagues by implying they had not given their all in Asuncion. "When you pull on the national team shirt, you have to have character," he said.
Although many feel a defeat against Argentina could cost
Luxemburgo his job, CBF president Teixeira put the
responsibility firmly on the shoulders of the players.
"The first half against Paraguay made me ashamed," he said.
"I can accept a bad performance but not a lack of fighting
spirit." "Wanderley is capable of qualifying the team and has my backing."

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
i simply love the way Zanetti said that:) hope he goes feeling that way when he gets to Morumbi:)
Also, the Argenitna press is thinking they have already slaughtered Brazil before polaying...and Simeone the same thing.
Will Simeone play?? If yes I hope Antonio carlos brake his legs!!:) i hate simeone!!
Common argenitna...we gonna be ready for you.....you know we love you guys!:)
reem, we arrogant? As far as I know (and the whole world, btw) Argentina is the most Arrogant country of the world!
The only nation to believe that maradona is beter than Pele (I will not discuss that anymore here, cause i'm sick of it!)

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ZE trust me not only in Argentina...BELIEVE ME ZE

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Ze, I've been reading the Argentinean newspapers all week long. In fact there is no real attitude about being superior to Brazil. In fact most of the articles that I have read, are quite cautious, about the up coming match. Putting, aside Zanetti's comments, both the Argentinean management and players, have been very taken a very low key approach to the up coming match. I think that between Argentina and Brazil, there is plenty of mutual respect.

It will be tough, but I think Argentina will either draw or win this match. Several external factors could be effecting Brazil at the moment, for instance; I think that mental pressure that the Brazilian players and management, must be experiencing must be quite overwhelming, also after Cafu walked out of team hotel, a sense of disunity seems to have effected the players and management. I also read that Roberto Carlos, was ready to quit after the defeat to Paraguay. Also, on a tactical level, there seems to be much confusion and misunderstanding between the players on the pitch. Luxemburgo, keeps on changing the team so there is a lack of continuity and coordination, which is not good.

It should be great match. But, I hope and think that Argentina will leave Brazil, with a positive result,and very possibly another 3 points.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ex brazilian national team coach, Mario Jorge
Lobo Zagallo, said that what is missing in Brazil
in these days is a leader. `Leonardo (from Milan)
is very smart and prudent and could be this
leader. But it seems that he doesn’t interes the
national team at the moment. Infortunatelly,
today there isn’t any player like Dunga or
Gérson, that talked too much and were respected
by all the other players`.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Batigol9: You make a very good point, Brazil seem to be lacking a leader on and off the pitch. A player and individual that could command the respect of all the players.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are lucky because we have alot of them like: Sensini, Batigol and of course SIMEONE:)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
That's Luxemburgo falult.
he never calls Romario or Marcelinho they would be the leaders...as they are for their clubs!:)
Czar, that is not the news that is coming in our end. Everybody in Brazil is saying that the Argentina press and players think it will be a walk over. Specially with the flag some fans put of Pele polishing Maradona's boots in the MOnumental del Nunez on wednesday :(
Batigo...I said country...not individuals :)
do the majority of people that really understand footabll and history think like that in UAE?
Remember WE have taken you guys to the WC (Zagallo and Parreira in 90!:))

D

·
0 Posts
I wish Luxemburgo would bring some Romario magic for this important clash. :(

This is a real must-win situation for Wanderley, if Brazil lose, that could be the end of him as coach. :p

Brazil doesn't lose, they just don't :)

R

·
0 Posts
Ze...

plz....why don't we put it this way Brazil The only nation to believe that Pele is beter than Maradona (I will not discuss that anymore here, cause i'm sick of it TOO!) ;)

momo...
hi there...kaif il7al? am glad too to see u and alwaslawee aelle ma3ana Batigoal9...remember wednesday is the Big day...

guys whats new on Batistuta ? well he be fit for wednesdays clash?

[Edited by reem on 23-07-2000 at 04:59]

·
Registered
342 Posts
I guess for this mach,Argentina should play Almeyda
instead of Simeone, and rely more on the long precision
passes of Samuel and Veron.(kill the ball in the midfield then long precision passes to Crespo Lopez Aimar)

I would start up Aimar instead of ortega, and make the team
shift 10 meters to the back.
what do u think guys?

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Fouad-daman

Um I don't know what you be sniffing, but I wouldnt change a damn thing about Argentina's well oiled machine at the moment.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
As i said before if i were Bielsa i would be doing everything in my power to get Ortega out of the squad before one of his usual Serie A games turns up in a big game.

But i guess i too would still play him against Brazil......what he needs to do is not get sent off. Then Aimar would definately be no. 1 for the next 15 years or so.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Look Ze...
Here we have alot of brazilians coachs and i can tell you few of them are having good time(amilardo still here, Arther i dont know where he gone) those two were the most successful they won many trophis with thier clubs..but about the rest???
I am with you about what you said ONLY about Zagallo but Carlos DESTROYED US..Zagallo the one who took our team to Italy but why they changed him before the WC nobody knows till now..
Here my favourite club is AL WASL and the best two seasons for us were with Argentine coach called Megel and Arther.
But about the King and Pele...you can ask when ever you talk or caht with someone from here and see the result.
SEE YA

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Dude, this is an argy forum, and of course the most arrogant and snobby people of teh face of the earth will think Diego Armando "CHEIRA COCAINA" Maradona is the best of the world:(
but that's ok......when i look to my badge i see 4 stars, something it wil take a while for Argenitna to get....that is IF they manage to get :)
Question: Why so many Arabs support Argenitna, is it because Argentina hates Jews, and were with Germany in the war? Any relation?

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ze..please we didnt talked about any religious..everybody believes in his religion.
and i dont know about that story at all..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts