Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the squad:

(Goalkeepers) Roberto Abbondanzieri and Sergio Romero.

(Defenders) the great Javier Zanetti, Martín Demichelis, Nicolás Burdisso, Gabriel Heinze, Fabricio Coloccini, Gonzalo Rodríguez and Pablo Zabaleta.

(Midfielders) Fernando Gago, Javier Mascherano, Maximiliano Rodríguez, Jonás Gutiérrez, Jose Sosa and Ever Banega.

(Forward/Strikers) Sergio Agüero, Lionel Messi, Lisandro López, Julio Cruz and Fernando Cavenaghi

-----------------------------

Basile is testing with only three defenders for the friendlies:

----------- Abbondanzieri -----------
-- Burdiso - Demichelis - Heinze ---
Zanetti - Mascherano - Gago - Maxi
-- Messi -- Cruz -- Agüero ----------

IMO that's a team of 7 defenders and 3 strikers and without a playmaker. At least Tevez isn't there means we will have a real striker on the field.
Dunno why cruz is in this lineup, i (And everyone else bar Cruz himself) would prefer Cavenaghi or Lisandro.

well, not much time left to discuss, so......beginn!

·
Registered
120 Posts
this is the squad:

(Goalkeepers) Roberto Abbondanzieri and Sergio Romero.

(Defenders) the great Javier Zanetti, Martín Demichelis, Nicolás Burdisso, Gabriel Heinze, Fabricio Coloccini, Gonzalo Rodríguez and Pablo Zabaleta.

(Midfielders) Fernando Gago, Javier Mascherano, Maximiliano Rodríguez, Jonás Gutiérrez, Jose Sosa and Ever Banega.

(Forward/Strikers) Sergio Agüero, Lionel Messi, Lisandro López, Julio Cruz and Fernando Cavenaghi

-----------------------------

Basile is testing with only three defenders for the friendlies:

----------- Abbondanzieri -----------
-- Burdiso - Demichelis - Heinze ---
Zanetti - Mascherano - Gago - Maxi
-- Messi -- Cruz -- Agüero ----------

IMO that's a team of 7 defenders and 3 strikers and without a playmaker. At least Tevez isn't there means we will have a real striker on the field.
Dunno why cruz is in this lineup, i (And everyone else bar Cruz himself) would prefer Cavenaghi or Lisandro.

well, not much time left to discuss, so......beginn!
Where You find that Basile going to play with 3 defenders formation?
I read that he's going tp play 4-3-1-2 with Messi as playmaker, which is good because I think Messi gonna run to the wings and mkes runs, for sure it's better than playing Messi as a second striker, and for 100% sure better than Riquelme as a Playmaker in this formation because you create more space for the midfielders.

I agree with you about cruz, but I think Basile place him because of his size.
lisandro and Cave can play very good alongside KUN.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Basile has to be one of the weirdest coaches in making line ups.
I can not find a reason in prefering Cruz,an old player who never played one single good game for the national team over a young supermotivated player like Lisandro who probably had the best record for an Argentinean striker this season since the good days of Batigol and Crespo in Seri, mid 90s to 2000.

It has been almost two years and we never saw Basile getting out the best of even one of our players, nobody seems to perform normally under him.
In less than a year, Pekerman showed us a different version of Sorin as a leader and key player, Roman was used for the first time as a playmaker, Burdisso turned into a reliable defender in the world cup, Maxi had his best days... etc. But I am still waiting to see some extraperformance or extrarole in the players under Basile.

Sorry to be so pissed off, but Basile does not look like those coaches that can handle a team like Argentina. Tevez has played great in every corner of the world except for the national team though Basile uses him in the same way in every match for the last 2 years, so is Messi, Kun, even Roman, Cambiasso, Lucho... etc.

I believe if he just assign the players their role in their clubs he will get better results than this. Looks naive, but that is what you have to do when your own way fails.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
totally agree with you Homer. I've already said this 1 year ago when we played shit in copa (yes we won, but it was obvius that we fail against brazil). IMO Pekerman did a great job with argentina and should've stayed. I think noone would be upset anymore about that one mistake he made. Basile on the other hand has NOTHING a good coach needs, we may win against weak teams, but we'll never win against brazil under Basile, just look at his record against brazil. Has there ever been such a bad record against top teams like Basiles? And don't come and tell me that he won the last trophy for argentina and that it will work with time.
seariusly it's time to fail against brazil big time (again) and hope that AFA opens theire eyes. Bring on Simone or Bianchi or anyone who can motivate a team with his attitude and some fresh ideas.

@Benos, i saw this lineup in 3/4 forums where poeple from argentina posted it.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Liiiiiisandro! :drool:

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
seariusly it's time to fail against brazil big time (again) and hope that AFA opens theire eyes. Bring on Simone or Bianchi or anyone who can motivate a team with his attitude and some fresh ideas.
don't bet on AFA, Bielsa went away with 2002 world cup and Basile with the biggest humiliation of the history in the last copa.
I just hope he will realize soon that is he is only going to humiliate himself and his nation further and step back.

We just need a coach who can field the best players and let them perform normally, we then need luck to beat that psychological complex the likes of Bielsa and Basile help grow.
wishful thinking

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
What? You don't like Basile's Plan A, and when that fails, go to Plan A?

·
Registered
120 Posts
My starting lineup:
Romero
Zabaleta- Demichelis -Gonzalo - Heinze
--------------Masche---------------
----------Gago------Maxi-----------
-Messi(free role)
---------Kun--------Cavenaghi------

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Bring on Simone or Bianchi or anyone who can motivate a team with his attitude and some fresh ideas.
Simeone is nowhere near ready for the Argentina job belive me, Bianchi on the other hand would be interesting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Please explain me what did Peckerman that you love him so much?
Excluding 2 matches(against Serbia-montenegro in WC and brazucas in wc qulification) he was shi*t, really sh*t. I know that basile is ridiculus and ashamed us in the copa 3:0 to brazucas but... Peckerman lost to the same team 4:1 in really embarassing way:yuck:...
Ps.Cruz is completly sh*t
Ps.2 It's time to La Pulga and Kun to make a party in NT...:smileani:

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I'm not sure the coaches have anything to do with it. Grondona is behind every decision.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Please explain me what did Peckerman that you love him so much?
Excluding 2 matches(against Serbia-montenegro in WC and brazucas in wc qulification) he was shi*t, really sh*t. I know that basile is ridiculus and ashamed us in the copa 3:0 to brazucas but... Peckerman lost to the same team 4:1 in really embarassing way:yuck:...
Ps.Cruz is completly sh*t
Ps.2 It's time to La Pulga and Kun to make a party in NT...:smileani:
Pekerman is one of the greats in preparing and building teams, I am not sure about his abilities in tactically managing a 90 minute game. But he definitely did a great job in less about 18 months with the national team, before him we had one of our worst team in years, but upon his arrival he made changes and those changes worked. Sorin and Roman were completely transformed.
I know he failed, but who doesn't.
We have nothing than losses in our recent memory, the shadow of these losses are always on us, even when we are so close we are never confident that we are going to win. In such cases every coach, player, even fan freak out when it matters, and this was exactly what Pekerman did in the game with Brazil in confed cup final and with Germany, against Brazil he started the game with likes of 7 defenders and he was so quick to accept the loss after an early goal, i don't blame him, i think every argentinean will accept loss for example in our next game against brazil if they manage to score in the 5th minute. Against Germany he started the game again cautiously but the team was so good that managed to control the Germans, in fact Argentina was the only team who could do so, the italians had luck to beat them but we didn't.
Anyway, Pekerman failed for that panic we all share with, but I expect every other good coach to fail for the same reason until the day when luck smiles to us.
Basile fails because he is not good for this team in the first place.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Mundo Albicelestes Blog also says that Basile plans to play with a 3-4-2-1:

------------------------Pato------------------------
-------Burdiso----------Micho------------Heinze-----
Zanetti-------Gago----------Mascherano--------Maxi
------------<<<<<<<<<Messi>>>>>>>>>>>---------
--------Aguero--------------------Cruz-------------

What i like is that Basile tries to chance his tactic.

What i don't like is Burdisso and Cruz. Burdisso isn't as Good as Gonzalo, hell he isn't even as good as Coloccini. Gonzalo should definetely play instead of him. Heinze is always the weak spot in our 4-3-1-2, and whenever he goes forward the whole country fears that he looses the ball. I guess he won't go forward that much with a back 3.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Burdisso isn't as Good as Gonzalo, hell he isn't even as good as Coloccini. Gonzalo should definetely play instead of him.
Burdisso is far far better than Colo. Colo is an absolute waste of space and so is Heinze. I fear a powerful and quick forward or winger running at full speed and I know both of them will not be able to get the ball off him. So, don't know why any coach would want these guys on the NT.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
The Mundo Albicelestes Blog also says that Basile plans to play with a 3-4-2-1:

------------------------Pato------------------------
-------Burdiso----------Micho------------Heinze-----
Zanetti-------Gago----------Mascherano--------Maxi
------------<<<<<<<<<Messi>>>>>>>>>>>---------
--------Aguero--------------------Cruz-------------

What i like is that Basile tries to chance his tactic.

What i don't like is Burdisso and Cruz. Burdisso isn't as Good as Gonzalo, hell he isn't even as good as Coloccini. Gonzalo should definetely play instead of him. Heinze is always the weak spot in our 4-3-1-2, and whenever he goes forward the whole country fears that he looses the ball. I guess he won't go forward that much with a back 3.
I do not like it at all! It sucks big time! Hope Basile was sober when he decided to go this way!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
hey guys...don't worry, its 2 friendlies against 2 teams we will beat.
in fact Argentina will play crap, but still win.....
Basile just wants to experiment!!!!

as for Cruz....as much as i like him....don't worry...he weren't be going to world cup......but he is one of form strikers and to be fair, last 2 times we played vs Brazil with midgets, we go t smashed... at least cruzs physical presence will beat match for Brazil's center backs and for headers too....

saying that, i still think lisandro is our best striker and one of best in world!!!!!

btw....is he gonna pick "local" players for wcq.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Cavenaghi and evenLisandro do not lack on the physical department, actually they are stronger than Cruz who is only taller!

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
What time is this match. I'm guessing about 8 p.m. Pacific time.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
It is 6:00 AM middle eastern time....:D:D:D:D I will watch Boca's game before though so should be a full Tango night for me.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts