Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 9.7%
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
England better pick up their game, if they play like they did against the Swedes this game could get ugly.:cool:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Although I like England a lot (they are my second favorite team in the WC after Argentina), I think Argentina will just cruise past England. My prediction for the game is 3-0 for Argentina.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
it will be a great game...will be tight...but i think argentina will win it...england have to stop argentina's attack which will not be easy...if u want to beat argentina, u have to stop veron, ortega, kily, batistuta...i think rio and campbell should be able to do that against batistuta but mills against kily will be the key...coz mills is england's weakest link...ashley cole vs. ortega should be fun to watch...

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I agree with Carson, it'll be a tight game till the very end, no one will cruise through this one.
But Argentina, having a stronger team overall than England, and England playing the way they did against Sweden, 3-1 to Argentina.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I think it will be tight and thats the way England will want it so hopefully they can sneak a goal near the end. It will be 1-0 or 2-1 but i dont know who to...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Argentina like to play wide, so the pressure will be on the english fullbacks to perform.

But Mills and A.Cole are their weakest players, so this could get ugly. Bridge has to replace A.Cole at the very least.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Van Nistelrooy said:
I think it will be tight and thats the way England will want it so hopefully they can sneak a goal near the end. It will be 1-0 or 2-1 but i dont know who to...
next time just dont post anything man, pathetic post all over, usually the easiest part is to pick a winner, when u dont know something just shout up or youll make a fool of yourself.

Argentina all the way............

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alter Ego said:

next time just dont post anything man, pathetic post all over, usually the easiest part is to pick a winner, when u dont know something just shout up or youll make a fool of yourself.

Argentina all the way............
ENgland all the way!

F*ck the guy above he just upset because he has a tiny penis!

·
International
9,526 Posts
lol...nice one Jerky. I wish I was as confident though. At the moment, I'm hoping for a draw. But my heart screams 'WIN'.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
England, will be very difficult, very tight, better attack than Nigeria, but worst defense...but it's juts anpther step in our WC, just another match...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It should be a tight game. Both teams will be gunning for a victory. I think we're tactically more sound than England but in these sort of matches anything can happen. Having said that I feel we will win.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Argentineans are not Supermen at all

KOBE, Japan, June 4 (DS) -

England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson announced he faces the greatest challenge of his career: to raise the spirits of the England players for their vital World Cup clash with one of the favourites of the tournament, Argentina.
The 54-year-old Swede admitted his squad's self-belief and confidence had suffered a mighty blow following England's disappointing 1-1 draw in Sunday's opening game against Sweden.
Eriksson underscored that restoring morale ahead of Friday's showdown with arch rivals Argentina will be a harder task than any tactical battle he might face against the Argentinean national team.
"Raising the spirits of the players for the Argentina game is more important than whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-4-3," the England manager was quoted as saying in an interview with the Mirror.
"If you don't have the right mentality and go out thinking you are a loser, then you are going to lose. That is something that concerned me after the Sweden game and I told the players that. I must be positive too. If a manager goes around never smiling, almost crying, very tense and nervous, then that transmits negative energy to the players.
"If we doubt ourselves then we should go home at once. Argentina are a great team with fantastic players, but it's not impossible to beat them. They are not Supermen at all.
"These next few days before we play them are extremely important for us and no-one involved with England underestimates that fact. We can play better and we will do, I'm sure. If you think football is champagne and roses every day, then you should change your profession."
The England manager also hinted that he may choose to start skipper David Beckham, Nicky Butt and Kieron Dyer against Argentina, despite the fact all three are returning from injury and cannot be said to be fully fit.

:cool:

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Cracker said:
I agree with Carson, it'll be a tight game till the very end, no one will cruise through this one.
But Argentina, having a stronger team overall than England, and England playing the way they did against Sweden, 3-1 to Argentina.
Firstly England won't play like they did against Sweden. England will be more focused, more battling and more of a threat than we were throughout the sweden game.

The 3 lions roar loudest when our backs are against the wall, I expect to see a determined England side take to the field on Friday. Heart says an England win, head says a draw:)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
RazorUK said:

Firstly England won't play like they did against Sweden.
For your sake my friend, I really hope so :D

RazorUK said:

The 3 lions roar loudest when our backs are against the wall, I expect to see a determined England side take to the field on Friday. Heart says an England win, head says a draw:)
Gee, that means Mills will be playing pretty good then ;)
Correct me if I'm wrong, RAZOR :dielaugh::skull::D

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Throw the form book out of the window for this one.;)

Both sets of players ill be up for it and the game will probably b decided by the odd goal.I just want to see a fantastic game involving some crunching tackles,deft passes,magical moments and a couple of red cards.;):D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Argentina ALL the way. I would put my house on an Argentinian win!

England is boring and ordinary.

Argentina is exiting and close to perfection of modern football!

3-0 for Argentina!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Have to agree with Razor - England are good at totally changing their game and tempo between matches. Take the last world cup when after losing to Romania they came back to beat Columbia in style. Thats the advantage of not sticking to a strict tactical formation like Italy and Argentina.

Nor can England just address their faults from the Sweden. They're playing a totally different side now and Sven will also be taking into consideration the weaknesses of Argentina (are there any? ;).

1 - 20 of 248 Posts