Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The AFA is not smart to organize the games against Mexico and USA which falls just a week before the CONMEBOL qualification - money, definitely speaks volumes over sensibility.

Mexico, 4 days later USA, 6 days later Ecuador and 3 days later Brasil in Brasil. That does not sound right.

Hopefully Basile will bring the second team for Mexico & USA, and the players can get much needed rest before the big qualifiers.

PS: And it is too early to start this thread since we play Jamaica and Mexico before the US.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
This looks like a job for Bonita! Order your tickets now.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
This looks like a job for Bonita! Order your tickets now.
I'm looking into it now ;) just hoping that I won't have to work out of town that week.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i want to go so badly, like a lil kid almost...
Does anyone know where i can buy tickets ??

I live in canada... so it's not as easy as walking to Giants stadium to get them lol

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I would think ticketmaster.com should have it. It is not presently listed but as it gets closer to the date of the game, you should find the listing.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Greece could play a friendly with Argentina in November (in Greek)
http://http://www.sport-fm.gr/article.jsp?id=126015

I used Babelfish to translate the article into English. It looks silly but its understandable:

They want to..dance the tango!

The proposal to face, in November, Argentina, was received from the office of the Greek Football Federation, the EPO. The match will be in New York, where exists the intense Greek element, and there will be interest for the two countries.

The Federation sees with a good eye the realisation of one possible friendly, but is waiting for the official offer to be acepted. If an agreement is made, then for one week in November the Greek League will be interrupted.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Bonita where do you buy tickets from? I want to go

·
6,300 Posts
You can follow the instructions for ticket here. :)

Hm. Just hope I'm not working away from NYC that week.

·
6,300 Posts
Tad of info found in today's New York Times (source: nytimes.com)

U.S. Soccer has already sold 32,000 tickets to the match between the United States and Argentina at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., on June 8. Tickets have been on sale publicly for only one week.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
32000 tickets? That is amazing! I hope alot of them are Argentina fans.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Bonita thanks for the link. I'll have to buy later on b/c I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that date yet. However, it is good that I'm buying high up b/c i'm sure they'll be seats.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
when you buy ticket's, be sure to sit there...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
have fun dudes!!

·
6,300 Posts
Bonita thanks for the link. I'll have to buy later on b/c I'm not sure if I'll be able to make that date yet. However, it is good that I'm buying high up b/c i'm sure they'll be seats.
I hope you can go :) Have the same problem myself - torn between taking that odd research job in the middle of summer and seeing my Argies on my own turf. In these times it's difficult to refuse a job. Hm.

But if you folks do go, have a great time! Arrive early (say 1-2 hours early) so you can skip the traffic on the freeway. One word of warning, coming back there would be heavy traffic--count on being stuck for 2+ hours if you drive. Take along good food and picnic in the parking lots. Last time I went (Barca tour 2006) I had a party feasting on BBQ meats, seafood salads, Argie wines ... with Argies and Cules. After that we even played footie on the melting concrete. It was heaven, not to mention *seeing* Messi (and Saviola and Ronnie and Puyi and Iniesta) in person :)

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Twice now I have seen the end of an advertisment on Galavision for some sort of event with Argentina, USA and Spain. I never am able to figure out what it is about. I think they said the 28th. I don't know if that is May 28 or June 28. Does anyone else know what this is about?

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
From the official USA national team website:

The match against Argentina will kickoff at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be televised live on ESPN Classic and Galavision. Fans can also follow the match live on ussoccer.com’s MatchTracker.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guess you must be talking about food and drink in the parking lot..... I can't think of any venue here that will let you bring stuff in in the name of security. See you there.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts