Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argentina will play Germany in an international friendly on 9 February 2005 in Dusseldorf, according to the Argentine Football Association.
If Marcelo Bielsa is still at the helm of Argentina, he will most likely follow his procedure of filling his squad with as many European-based players as he can instead of hauling players from the domestic championship across the Atlantic.

Germany are likely to use the game as part of their preparations for the Confederations Cup to take part in Germany in June 2005.

If the match is confirmed, it will be Argentina's first fixture of 2005 after their participation in the 2004 Copa America and South American World Cup qualifiers.

PlanetFootball

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,446 Posts
How do I remember their meeting here in Miami back in either 92 or 93....A packed Orange Bowl saw Argentina walk away with a nice win...in front of a mostly s american crowd... ;)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure this will happen again.
The German football level is utter crap to say the very least.

The European Championship will show us what the vice-world-champions are capable of...:pp

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
lucifuga said:
I'm pretty sure this will happen again.
The German football level is utter crap to say the very least.

The European Championship will show us what the vice-world-champions are capable of...:pp
At least we made it past the first round back at the WC... :pp :dontcare: :pp :excited:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rothose said:
At least we made it past the first round back at the WC... :pp :dontcare: :pp :excited:
Well... to make it past a first round is like the eighth wonder of the world for every HSV fan. :cool:
Germany were lucky not to play any "good" team like Spain or Italy, so they managed to reach the final.

Compare the present German squad to the Argentine and you gonna see the difference.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
lucifuga said:
Well... to make it past a first round is like the eighth wonder of the world for every HSV fan. :cool:
Germany were lucky not to play any "good" team like Spain or Italy, so they managed to reach the final.

Compare the present German squad to the Argentine and you gonna see the difference.
Of course the Argentine team is better and i´m sure they will win the friendly, but you shouldn´t rise your mouth so much after the disastrous WC for Argentine...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LIT said:
Of course the Argentine team is better and i´m sure they will win the friendly, but you shouldn´t rise your mouth so much after the disastrous WC for Argentine...
I agree, the last WC was disastrous; but I'm speaking of the present situation, not of the past. At the moment the Gauchos are better than the Krauts. I have seen their friendlies and their qualifiers and they were never convincing. The Germans have got a lot to do until 2006.

·
2,968 Posts
Of course the german NT sucked in the last couple of matches, but the argies didn't convince me either ...
It seems that esp. the argie attack is a bit poor at the moment. No one else besides Crespo ( why doesn't Cavenaghi play..? ).
Though the argies won everything at youth level in the last couple of years, they are not able to repeat their success on senior level.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rothose said:
Of course the german NT sucked in the last couple of matches, but the argies didn't convince me either ...
It seems that esp. the argie attack is a bit poor at the moment. No one else besides Crespo ( why doesn't Cavenaghi play..? ).
Though the argies won everything at youth level in the last couple of years, they are not able to repeat their success on senior level.
Crespo is Bielsa's first choice, that's certain. But there is also Saviola as a backup and Tevez and Delgado to be played on the wings. Plus Argentina have got so many attacking midfielders (Aimar, D'Alessandro, Riquelme, Solari, Kily, Veron etc) that they can do well without any further strikers. Cavenaghi's time will probably come when Crespo retires.

·
Banned
129 Posts
I do think Argentina's world cup situation was that disastrous!speaking on the players I mean!we scored two goals conceded two a penalty and a freekick missed load of chances that needed batistuta and Crespo to play together against 9 defenders!

Anyway, the world cup itself was a joke!when turky,korea,germany reach the semi final then its nothing but a joke :eek:

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Well can we please show some more respect towards Germany :confused: :confused:

If we look at the past then it's Germany who together with Italy have won the most world cups :) :) :)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I have it and always have respect for Germany (my biggest European power in another thread), plus Argentina in the WC: SUCKS, boring as hell, as I put in another post.
But I misssed the Voeller's, Klinsman's, Littbarsky's, Kaiser's, MATHAUSS, Brehme, Where are they???, because Argentina doesn't have any Maradona or Kempes, but didn't went that low in terms of technicall players, too much bricklayers in Germany, but ALWAYS a team, while Argentina ALWAYS individualls, when we have a team...well we are a blast, but many few times in history we were capable of arming a team, think of Sivori's, Di Stefano's era, how many extraordinary generations loose? or the WC 82, or 94, and look how those briclayers of 90, made a subchampionship, because they were a TEAM.
Or a very good, not extraordinary team of 86, made it, Bilardo bench this magicians the world never know in a WC level: Bochini, Trobianni, Borghi, Tapia, etc..., but it was a hell of a team who played great football, IT WAS NOT MARADONA ONLY, of course it was based around him, but look how bad is suffering D'alessandro, Riquelme because their teams didn't display an squeme to get the best of them.
Don't get confuse my TEAM conception is the 80'S Argentino's Juniors, Boca 81, the Roman's Boca, River 86, LA maquina de River, the Bochini's Independiente, the youth NT of 79, alll Pekerman's teams, the Basile's 91 NT..etc
Finally GERMANY rules and can take a nap of 20 years, their worst NT ever with that Kolse crap, made the finall, let's pray they don't get a Mathauss generation because if not... the third would be quit impossible.

·
2,968 Posts
@Fangio : The generation of players produced in the early and mid 90's was utter crap in Germany ( with the exception of a few players like Ballack, Frings.. ) the players you mentioned were all products of the 80's.... The backbone of the Euro 96 winning squad was still formed by 1990 world champions.
But there is some light at the end of the tunnel. The new generation of players is headed by Stuttgarts young aces Lahm, Hinkel and Kuranyi - these players all have technical skills which most of the german players lacked through the 90's. And there are more players like them, e.g. Hitzlsperger who is doing a fantastic job for Aston Villa at the moment, it seems that he *may* develop into a true leader ( which Ballack isn't..). And a player like Deisler can make the difference, if he is healthy. Even in the attack, the biggest problem zone of the german NT at the moment, there are some exciting new and young players in the making, e.g. Lukas Podolski , 18 year old striker from Cologne, who has all the skills to make it really big or Michael Delura, an 18 year old talented attacker playing for Schalke 04, though he yet has to decide wether he wants to play for Poland ( where he was born..) or for Germany in the future.
The financial crisis in football is forcing the german clubs to focus on their own youth systems again instead of buying loads of foreign players like they did in the late 90's until 2 years ago when the tv market started to crash in Germany. Unfortunately, this step came a bit too late when looking at Portugal 04 and even Germany 06. I don't expect to see too much from Germany in Portugal because the talented young players lack experience while there are still too many of these 'bricklayers' ;) you mentioned in the team ( on the other hand we all know that you never should count out Germany ;) ...). Even the world cup 2006 may be a bit too early ( the players i mentioned here will all be between 20 and 24 years then..). Though i think that we will see a good performance and good football from the german NT at the world cup, we will see a really strong german NT again in the years after 2006 imho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts