Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argentina will play Costa Rica on february 13 in the Rose Bowl in california as part of their preparation for the WC.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Interesting news.

Czar are you going?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I'd love to go but I've just returned from a 23 day trip, so it would be difficult to take an additonal 1-2 days off. How about u Humbird? Do u plan to go?

Is anyone planning on going?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Yeah sorry the match will be played in the Orange Bowl in Miami.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Guys ...

I am planning on going to florida to assist at the game...........

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

(i hope I can take off from work).
Anybody knows who i should call for tickets?
I live in Canada , can I purchase them from here? or you think there will be some left at the door.

Anyways.............I hope everything will go as planned.

·
Registered
342 Posts
ticket master have no clew about this game.
It does not exist in their database..

I dunno maybee i should call them in 4 or 5 days.

:cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm going to do my best to get there. I understand it's supposed to be the full NT, as well. I need to start looking for cheap airfare. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it´s the full squad, no time for experiments. we need to be top form come may 31.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I have just heard that there is a chance that the match against Costa Rica may not take place after all. FA officials from Argentina and Costa Rica are working frantically on ensuring that the match goes ahead though there now appears to be some complications.

Let's hope they resolve any outstanding issues so that the match may proceed.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It's now official the match against Costa Rica has been canceled. Initial reports indicate that Bielsa is looking for tougher opponents and it seems that he doesn't believe that Costa Rica is a tough enough opponent.

At the moment the only scheduled match is against Germany in April. AFA are looking to schedule matches against some other Euro teams and either Cameroon or Senegal.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Further to the cancellation it appears that there were a couple of impediments on both sides. Firstly, Bielsa wanted the match played in Buenos Aires, while Grondona endorsed the idea of having the match played in Miami. Secondly, a number of Costa Rican players from the top league club in Costa Rica would have been unavailable due to club commitments. These particular players are important to Costa Rica and they apparently voiced their displeasure to the Costa Rican FA, which ultimately sided with the players.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It would have been a niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice vacation...

basita...(it's ok)

there will still be another time.. nshalla...

thanks Cezar for the info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts