Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argentina Seek Revenge Against England In The Semi Final
News Archive

06/09/2002. Argentina have set their sights on avenging their painful 1-0 defeat to England in the semi-finals, where it is possible the teams will meet again.

The South American's must beat Sweden on Wednesday though to stand any chance of that happening.

Argentine football federation president Julio Humberto Grondona said: "They (the players) hunger for revenge. They are already thinking of playing them again in the semi-finals.

"They have already swallowed the match against England and now they want revenge, in a sporting sense. It would be a good opportunity to get that in the semi-finals.

soccerage
--------------------------
wow...argentina vs. england in the semi-final would be hell of a great matchup... :cool:

·
Registered
765 Posts
If their minds are on the semi final - they'll lose against Sweden IMO.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think argentina will go through...but sweden is not easy to beat...they need to play 100 times better than what they did against england if they want to win...everybody has to step up...veron needs to stop playing like crap...aimar needs to start...it's do or die for the argies...

·
Registered
765 Posts
I was just pointing out that it will be dangerous for Argentina if their minds are anywhere but on the next match against Sweden. They might join France and Italy (it is possible!) on a plane back home...

I really think that Sweden will go through but maybe Argentina will go through as well... Nigeria could make an upset against England - Nigeria has nothing to play for but it's never nice to go home from a WC without a victory...

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Argentina WON'T go through from this group. Reason:

They're over-confident, and Sweden are professional.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Bastin said:
Argentina WON'T go through from this group. Reason:

They're over-confident, and Sweden are professional.
Nuh I don't think the players are taking it as a walk in the park now......if Englands match wasnt an enough wake up call..then their clocks at their homes in Argentina ganna wake them up every morning after wednesday match

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I think the game against England was a good and necessary wake up call for Argentina and I personally think that Argentina are going to play much better against Sweeden and hopefully master a win and go through to the next round.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
you guys see the letter maradona wrote to the argintin's that he cried that they lost?
its over at www.soccernet.com

it said he cried
and will be there to watch their next game
and that he'll be with them forever

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
it said he cried
and will be there to watch their next game
and that he'll be with them forever

awww *sniffle* thats....thats.. beautiful *sniffle*

Maradona go back to a drug rehad centre you drug addicted munchkin. :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Guess you don't like Diego Armando Maradona. Best player the world has seen.

Oh well, you like English kick and rush - your choice.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Guess you don't like Diego Armando Maradona. Best player the world has seen.Oh well, you like English kick and rush - your choice
Pelé is the greatest player ever seen.

are you referring to the EPL?....yes i like it, it has the best players fast paced football and its one of the top leagues and has some of the top european clubs. Any other stupid questions?

N

·
0 Posts
Have you seen the top English teams play? At times they play better continental football than those on the continent.

As for Argentina and Sweden, the South Americans have to get their heads out of the arses and show exactly why they were the favourites before the WC started.

They better impress.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts