Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may sound stupid to some of you, and i know that the WC is in Asia, but since 1962, everytime the WC has been in europe an european team has won, and every time that the WC has been in America, a south american team has won.

Being that the WC in 2006 is going to be in Germany(Europe), i think that that WC is gonna be won by an european team(Portugal, Holland, Germany, Italy, Engalnd, whoever), and France won WC 98, i find it very hard, statistically that Europe is going to win 3 WCs in a row, which means that THIS WC is gonna be won by either Argentina or Brazil.

Plus never, an european team has won outside of europe, contrary to say Brazil who won in 1958 in sweden.

Also since 1962, it has been one WC for Soutamerica, one WC for europe, and like that.

France won the last time, so statistically, it's Southamerica's turn..

i know it may sound like bull to some of you, but History, statistics and region-wise, the WC usually ends up being won by the same teams(sorry Portugal fans), of course playing at home(Uruguay, Argentina, germany, Italy, France, England) helps a lot.

it is also known that southamerican teams play better away than european teams..

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
If i had to choose who between Brazil and Argentina on odds I'd go for Argentina simply because i don't know what to expect from Brazil anymore, they aren't half the team they were 8 years ago.

The statistics might be right up to now but....
i'm betting France will win.

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Concerning France, we got those same odds just before the euro 2000; no team had ever won the WC and a euro in a row (NB: In that order = Germany of 80's won euro and, then WC)... and we won.

The only thing I know is that we are ready for the challenge!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean Germany of the 70's, because i think germany won in 72 and then the WC in 1974, in 1988 it was Holland, and the Wc in 90 it was germany,.

you may be right, statistics are made to be broken..

But if....if we win THIS WC, i'm betting on England to win in 2006, the players will be the right age, and will ahve the right experience, plus it's in Europe.....

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
I think England will win the Euro 2004 in Portugal....hopefully i'll be there, filling my brain with booze!!;) :D :cool:

Anout Brazil x Argentina, well it all matters what the semi final or quarter final will be like! I don't fear them, bring them on!;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
The winner will be among France, Croatia, Paraguay and Cameroon. Argentina will not make it past the group stages. They already think the cup is won. Even if they make it past the group stages, they will qualify as the second placed team hence will play France in the second round.

Since diving is no longer a World Cup event, South American teams will find the going tough.:devil:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
1-1-GoalessDraw said:
The winner will be among France, Croatia, Paraguay and Cameroon. Argentina will not make it past the group stages. They already think the cup is won. Even if they make it past the group stages, they will qualify as the second placed team hence will play France in the second round.

Since diving is no longer a World Cup event, South American teams will find the going tough.:devil:

LMAO !!!!! :dielaugh:

I'm sorry 1-1-GoalessDraw, I'm just surprised and speechless.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
1-1-GoalessDraw said:

and since kikc-boxing punchs are not allowed anymore, nigeria will not pass the first round. (like in the 94)

btw, just the southamerican dives ...........................:howler:. (totti must be SA then)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Soccer Star said:

LMAO !!!!! :dielaugh:

I'm sorry 1-1-GoalessDraw, I'm just surprised and speechless.
u are not the only one.

btw, SS, what does LMAO mean???

·
Registered
85 Posts
LMAO means Laughing-My-Ass-Off!
...that was what I was doing when I read your posts giving the cup to either Brazil or Argentina... You guys never learn...

There you go again underestimating your opposition.

I never said Nigeria will win the cup... I just listed teams that are as good and more grounded than the obvious two...
Do you think that it is funny to consider that France, Croatia, Paraguay, and Cameroon have a chance of winning the cup?

France, the defending WC and Euro champs with argueably the deepest team in the world...is funny?

Croatia, a team that is still on the rise played well in 98 WC and Euro 2000 and has the talent to go far....is a joke?

Paraguay, the second best team from South America that handled Brasil and held their own against Argentina....is a joke?

Cameroon, the reigning Olympic, African Champs, has never lost to Argentina....is a joke?

Have you checked the possible match-ups?

Frankly, Brazil was lucky to qualify. But since they qualified, they have a chance of putting their act together.

If you read what I said, I said if Argentina keep thinking that they have already won the cup, they might not even make it past the first round. As for Brasil, they don't scare anyone anymore...

And yeah, I am glad kick boxing is not a world cup event... if you thought your defenders were slow, wait till they get turned inside out by the no-hopers...hope they don't resort to kick boxing :)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Croatia, Paraguay, Cameroon?, no disrispect to those countries man, you make me laugh, we don't think that we already won this WC, but we have the potential to win it that's for sure, and beat your team full of old men...

i really doubt that any african team is going to win the WC for the next 20 years...

don't all people realize that everything in life is based on cycles, everything.

last 40 years of WC
Brazil
England
Brazil
Germany
Argentina
Italy
Argentina
Germany
Brazil
France
???????(Argentina or Brazil)

Get the picture?, don't matter how good your team might be(France), when you are not going to win, you won't win, it's the cycle of life.

when the WC is over we will return here, and we will see how was right.

There are only 2 teams that i fear:

France:current WC Champs, in form, fast strikers.
Brazil:they might be playing like crap right now, but a match between them and us, it's always a classic, anything goes

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Honduras will win . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Something. . . . . . . . . . . .someday !!! :lala:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Zepplin,
I am sorry, but Cameroun is anything but a team made of old men. In fact, their average age is around 22-23, with the majority of them from the team that won the Olympics last year. Cameroun have a great team, very strong physically and also redoutable as a team to play. People are underestimating African teams, but i just say to them, watch out!Cameroun, Senegal, and even Nigeria have all great teams and the potential to be teams like Brasil, Argentina or Germany. The thing with SA that is regrettable, is that they are way too overconfident, or cocky, a bit like the Dutch and we all know what happened to the Dutch...:stress:

Another side note about Cameroun: last year, we played them at the Stade de France, and the game ended 1-1. It was very even. Usually, at the Stade de France, France easily dominates their opponents and wins the matches quite comfortably. It wasn't the case, and i can tell you that off all the games we played in that stadium, this may have well beenthe team that caused us the most trouble...:eek:

So a little humility from some people in here wouldn't hurt...
To me, the dark horses of this cup might very well be from Africa. In fact, a lot of people are saying it will be a piece of cake for France to play the oppening against Senegal. I'll tell you how i feel. I would have preferred to play Italy or Argentina in the oppening game rather than Senegal. As Zidane recently said in an interview to l'Equipe, this match will be the most difficult and important for us in the whole world cup. I guess i wasn't the one fearing Senegal...

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!:star::star:
LA VICTOIRE EST EN NOUS...ENCORE ET POUR TOUJOURS!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I agree that the African teams are very much undereated, and no doubt some of the bigger guns will found that out the hard way in Japan/Korea. However, i have to agree with Zepplin, i really cant see an African team winning the World Cup in 20 years, despite the incredible progess they are making.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
San Siro, if you read my post again, you will see that i'm talking about Nigeria, not Cameroon, we don't have to play Cameroon, but Nigeria in the WC.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
1-1-GoalessDraw said:
LMAO means Laughing-My-Ass-Off!
...that was what I was doing when I read your posts giving the cup to either Brazil or Argentina... You guys never learn...

There you go again underestimating your opposition.

I never said Nigeria will win the cup... I just listed teams that are as good and more grounded than the obvious two...
Do you think that it is funny to consider that France, Croatia, Paraguay, and Cameroon have a chance of winning the cup?

France, the defending WC and Euro champs with argueably the deepest team in the world...is funny?

Croatia, a team that is still on the rise played well in 98 WC and Euro 2000 and has the talent to go far....is a joke?

Paraguay, the second best team from South America that handled Brasil and held their own against Argentina....is a joke?

Cameroon, the reigning Olympic, African Champs, has never lost to Argentina....is a joke?

Have you checked the possible match-ups?

Frankly, Brazil was lucky to qualify. But since they qualified, they have a chance of putting their act together.

If you read what I said, I said if Argentina keep thinking that they have already won the cup, they might not even make it past the first round. As for Brasil, they don't scare anyone anymore...

And yeah, I am glad kick boxing is not a world cup event... if you thought your defenders were slow, wait till they get turned inside out by the no-hopers...hope they don't resort to kick boxing :)

1-1-GoalessDraw ofcourse I do not see France funny, I know they are one of the favourites to win. I was laughing at your other favourites. First let me say I have nothing against those teams excluding France, they are all average teams. But saying that one of them will win the WC tournament is hillarious to me. Yes I know Brazil was lucky to qualify, I've said that remark on numerous occations. But Brazil made it and can be said to be a threat. But they are also a different team from '98 & '94. So I do not see them as favourites this year. Currently the favourites are Argentina, France, Portugal , England , Italy , and Spain. That's what I think ofcourse, but as always I appologize for laughing though I still believe it is funny, it was also disrespectful of me to laugh at someone's opinion like that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
"...Croatia, Paraguay, Cameroon?, no disrispect to those countries man, you make me laugh, we don't think that we already won this WC, but we have the potential to win it that's for sure, and beat your team full of old men... "

Ignorance should never be used as an excuse...your team beat our team full of old men???... muhahahahahaha! endeavour to look at the team list and tell me names that you recognise as being old... most of the "old" men started playing from the U17 team...
Starting eleven

Ejide 22
Yobo 21
Okoronkwo 23
Ifejiagwa 24
Udeze 22
Ikedia 23
Okocha 28
Kanu 26
Babayaro 24
Aghahowa 19
Ogbeche 17

Subs

Rotimi 26
Bankole 28
Christopher 24
Afolabi 26
Ejiofor 23
West 27
Kaku 25
Lawal 27
Utaka 20
Agali 23
Osaze 18
...even if we recall, Shoronumu 31, Oliseh 28, Finidi 31... yeah I could see we are an old team:rolleyes:

"i really doubt that any african team is going to win the WC for the next 20 years... "

Yeah especially when an African country never hosted the WC... Europe plays at their backyard and wins it... SA wins both in South America and North America whopit doo! Africa gets 1 slot in until '82 world cup when they get 2... slot improves to 3 in '94, then to 5 in '98... the field is finally getting a bit even... For the first time, the WC is being played in a neutral region... we shall see...

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
1-1-GoalessDraw said:
Croatia didn't play in Euro2000. Do you mean Euro96?

I think that atleast one of the African teams will do quite well in this coming world cup. I hope Cameroon can do well. They and Argentina are 2 national teams that I admire alot.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I don't see anything funny or laughable with Croatia, Paraguay and Cameroon. obviously i think Argentina is one of the favorites and I have my money on them, but these teams aren't laughing matter. Croatia got to the semis in 98 and that no coincidence the team this time around seems just as solid.

Paraguay as 1-1 Goalessdraw pointed out are a tough bunch. I bet you that the argies and the Brazies would certainly not want to meet them in the knock out stages.

Cameroon is the best African side right now and more importantly are have the best preparation they have ever had ahead of a WC. So definitively watch out.

Those teams might not win the WC but they can certainly take out one of the contenders.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts