Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
shmikkil
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a fan of the NT for almost 30yrs and never I have felt such disappointment in the way the team is playing over the past couple years incl. all sorts of tournaments and friendlies...Sampaoli picks up #$% players incl. Belluschi, Gomez, Lo Celso (he's at best a sub for NT) along with Mascherano (who should be played only in midfield as a sub and he's getting found out so bad that it could just be detrimental to the overall chemistry within the team)...

Sampaoli is not going to do anything and we are on course for a big disappointment...Bracing myself for this come WC'18 and will most definitely stop watching or supporting the team after that.

The team is so crap and I just wanted to vent it out here...
1) Wtf is this Benedetto doing in NT? I could never forget the way he kicked the ball in his debut game trying to keep hold of it. It's an amateur skill and this guy should never ever be playing for the NT...The coach seem to go for 3-3-3-1 or 4-5-1 almost all the time as if these forwards like Aguero, Higuain etc can hold off folks on their own skill and get those much needed goals. He has the audacity/belief to try guys like Benedetto there with the kind of non-existent skills he has.
2) There's just no midfield except for Banega who seem to do something along with maybe a Perez or Biglia to a certain extent. Lo Celso, Kranevitter and everyother guy this Sampaoli seem to bring is outright pathetic. He even got Belluschi who's going to be 35 by next year...
3) The wings are just bad - Di Mari is playing a lot better lately and not running like a headless chicken as often. But the others...god awful they are and that's an understatement. Rigoni?? Wtf is this coach thinking? We could see whatever the passes/shots the players are trying from the wings is utterly ridiculous...they are all hail mary plays at best.
4) Defense - I don't want to talk about it.

All in all...the tactics and the lineups this coach is putting on field is no better than what Bauza, Batista did. No one can save this NT...

Why is it so hard for these coaches to put a proper line-up that has their best 11 players and try work over tactics, chemistry etc? It's such a huge disappointment to see the team play like a bunch of donkeys with no direction/purpose...As a fan, I don't care what he does to get this working but his current approach is sure not anyone want to see except for the detractors. He should revert to 4-2-3-1 for offensive play and 4-4-2 for proper defensive cover.

I am hoping to see these players (incl. injured ones) to be in the starting 11 often and build some chemistry among them along with the tactics to get it ready for the WC'18...

1) GKs: Romero & Rulli
2) Defenders: Otamendi, Musacchio, Garay, Rojo, Mercado, Tagliafico & Jose Gomez
3) Defensive Mids: Mascherano, Biglia, Perez & Banega
4) Controlling/Conducting Mids: Pastore, Paredes & Lanzini
5) Attacking Mids: Messi, Dybala, Di Maria & Lamela
6) Strikers: Aguero, Higuain & Icardi

How hard it is to field a starting 11 with these group of players instead of testing and wasting precious time before the WC by going with washed-up/sub-par players like Benedetto, Rigoni, Papu Gomez with weird line-ups expecting some wonders?? So very frustrated.

·
shmikkil
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, Brazil looked really pathetic before WC2002...
Not everyone is lucky like them, Andy. Considering the misfortune they have had with past squads (except for cheating in 78 and 86), I really think they are on a downward spiral if not for Messi.

·
Registered
69,656 Posts
They are not dead. They should stop the [tactical] experiments and the idiocies. Calling the best players would help.

Put a 4-3-3, Messi in a similar role than at his club, Dybala starting from the left wing and a striker (Aguero, and Icardi as alternative).
In midfield you can play with Di Maria, who has quality and big hardworking capacity, Banega and a defensive midfielder.

Seriously Argies, it's not that hard. Stop shooting yourselves in the foot.

·
Registered
43,492 Posts
Lol...I didn't realize there's a thread with similar title right above...sorry for "plagiarizing".:grin2:
Anyway the title can get renamed - "Argentina NT on a downward spiral for decades"?
:D lol no need, this thread title is way catchier. :thumbsup:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,431 Posts
Messi DEPENDENCY has the ARggies MINDS all screwed Up....Forget about the Bi Polar, he is NOT a National Team Player...He's got Barcelona colored blood in his veins.

Wait for Russia 2018 and see it happen all over again. Argentina is not goinn anywhere.

·
shmikkil
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are not dead. They should stop the [tactical] experiments and the idiocies. Calling the best players would help.

Put a 4-3-3, Messi in a similar role than at his club, Dybala starting from the left wing and a striker (Aguero, and Icardi as alternative).
In midfield you can play with Di Maria, who has quality and big hardworking capacity, Banega and a defensive midfielder.

Seriously Argies, it's not that hard. Stop shooting yourselves in the foot.
I get it but Dybala is a guy who couldn't adjust his game to do what's best for the team and talked smack in the media. Di Maria is hardworking but he's a headless chicken when he's unleashed on the left wing. Banega is technical but he's notoriously inconsistent. I see Perez as hardworking defensive mid and he's getting hold. Biglia usually plays very conservative and perhaps his best's in the past. We can keep going on about this but all in all, they have a lot of holes that needs to be fixed and hence, the reason for all these new players being called-up and formations being played out.

I think the best team for them is this group of players:
Mercado, Musacchio/Garay, Otamendi, Rojo
Banega, Mascherano/Biglia, Perez, Pastore/Paredes, Di Maria
Dybala, Messi, Aguero/Higuain and perhaps Lanzini and Jose Gomez as well.

·
shmikkil
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Messi DEPENDENCY has the ARggies MINDS all screwed Up....Forget about the Bi Polar, he is NOT a National Team Player...He's got Barcelona colored blood in his veins.

Wait for Russia 2018 and see it happen all over again. Argentina is not goinn anywhere.
I agree esp. with the group they are in now. I see it as a group of death and they have to face Spain, Brazil etc if they are to win the tournament and it requires a lot of luck which I think this team ran out a while ago.

·
Administrator
29,676 Posts
People insisting in Higuain... Jesus, dont you get the only motive the attack of argentina is unstable is because Higuain is a failure? He is the most efficient defender of the last 10 years. Alone, he prevented both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to win more trophies than anyone else.

·
shmikkil
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if they had a proper manager they would have won the WC since having Messi
Mmm...maybe but Sampaoli was seen as an elite-level coach but look at how disjointed they are at the moment. I think it's more deep-rooted although I agree that having a proper coach is always a good first step in the right direction.

·
shmikkil
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
People insisting in Higuain... Jesus, dont you get the only motive the attack of argentina is unstable is because Higuain is a failure? He is the most efficient defender of the last 10 years. Alone, he prevented both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to win more trophies than anyone else.
I agree but he still has a decent shot and can hold of defenders alright with some skill moves. But yeah, perhaps it's pointless to have the guy in the team...better have Aguero and Icardi as your main strikers and leave it to Messi, Di maria and Dybala to create chances.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts