Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Diego named the european based players that will make Argentina's squad for the France game, here the list:

Juan Pablo Carrizo (Lazio)
Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar)
Javier Zanetti (Inter)
Walter Samuel (Inter)
Nicolas Burdisso (Inter)
Martin Demichelis (Bayern Munich)
Gabriel Heinze (Real Madrid)
Daniel Diaz (Getafe)
Javier Mascherano (Liverpool)
Fernando Gago (Real Madrid)
Maximiliano Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid)
Jonas Gutierrez (Newcastle)
Luis Gonzalez (Porto)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid)
Carlos Tevez (Manchester United)
Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)
Lisandro Lopez (Porto)
German Denis (Napoli)
Angel Di Maria (Benfica)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Lucho and Licha :shades:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
what a team! should start thus:
carrizo
demichelis-diaz-samuel
gutierrez-mascherano-gago-rodriguez
messi-aguero-lopez

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
i'll be angy if denis gets a another chance, how much does he need.
i think its about time lopez was given a chance, but i got a feeling he werent.
apart from denis, we got pretty goot attacking options.

i assume riquelme and few others will be called.

it is a very strong squad tho

zanetti, micho, samuel ;-) heinze

maxi---mashe---gago---maria

----messi------lopez

i think diego will play both gago and mash, but i wouldnt

·
Registered
120 Posts
what is burdisso doing in the team? water boy?
We will never know, there's a lot better defenders, gonzalo, coloccini, pareja. I will never understand that.

What Higuain should do to be on the sqad? why Denis is in and Cavenaghi are out?

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
What does Maradona have against Cambiasso? Is he doing his own version of hair style rules aka ze Passarrella days? Too ugly and Unstylish to comb one strand of hair like this baldy is doing?

·
Registered
93 Posts
What does Maradona have against Cambiasso? Is he doing his own version of hair style rules aka ze Passarrella days? Too ugly and Unstylish to comb one strand of hair like this baldy is doing?
Cambiasso who plays for Inter is not the same Cambiasso who plays for Argentina. We get to see the slow, useless and dumb as shit Cambiasso while Inter fans get to see the best DM in the world TM.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
shame that Burdisso is the same for both, argentina and inter.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Other then Burdisso and Denis... Maradona picked an Okay team

Although i would of liked to see:

Higuain, Garay, Zabaleta are a must.... Cambiasso should also be there but as a Sub role.

Carrizo I dislike with passion, what an awful Goalkeeper. When will teams learn that in order to have a world class goal keeper, he needs to be at least 6'3... Petr Cech, Van der sar, Buffon, Casillas... top 4 goalies in the world, the smallest being casillas at 6'3.

In Romero I trust, tall young tallented keeper, 6'4 he is and has already shown a great deal of Confidence when put in key situations.

Would of also liked to see Insua at LB/LWB, although he's with the U20, i honnestly think the kid is ready to make the jump. He's no Patrick Evra, but still very reliable. Heinze just doesn't cut it out for me, maybe as a Sub, even then i would of picked Sorin over him anyday. I also like Monzon a great deal.

Why does everyone at AFA headquarters hate on Higuain it seams? The guy has done enough and proved to be quality up front for Real madrid. Ever since this guy started in Pro Soccer, no one gave him a chance, he had to work twice as hard as everyone else. At least it developped a Never quit attitude in him.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Okay you're my favourite NT again, just because you've got Samuel, Lucho and Lisandro back in the squad. :pp

Volrath, what are your opinions on Samuel's return?

I disagree with quite a bit in what you say, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like Samuel, I think he would be great for the NT if you combine him with Gonzalo Rodriguez.

It seems Diego is nuts for players like Heinze, Budisso and co though.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I think Maradona dose not want to make rapid changes into the team which will only shake it even more and hit the whatever steadiness is left in it. Hienze, Burdisso and Veron will not be with the team in 2010, everybody knows that.

Anyway, it is just his second game with the NT and will not be fair to judge his choices or tactics until he gets an enough time with the players and not a couple of days trainings which we all know is not nearly enough to build a new team.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Maradona called 5 local players: Papa, Angeleri, Veron, Ledesma and Montenegro.

Riquelme prefered staying with Boca to play the first game in the league against Jojoy.

I would really punish his arse for such a stupid choice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Eh no, Boca didn't allow him and Seba to join Argentina because thye'd miss the start of the Clausura.

Hell, Riquelme didn't play any pre-season friendlies just so he could be in top shape for the friendly against France...

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Eh no, Boca didn't allow him and Seba to join Argentina because thye'd miss the start of the Clausura.

Hell, Riquelme didn't play any pre-season friendlies just so he could be in top shape for the friendly against France...
I thought not playing puts you in the out of shape zone and for a long time!

Esia allowed Roman and Seba to go to France but the players refused.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
i dislike the inclusion of Denis, Burdisso, Ledesma, Montenegro and Veron and wished Cavenaghi, Garay, Milito and Milito in there
Cambiasso's inclusion makes sense as he is a dumbnut for the NT..Lucho is the same thing, but i think he deserves few more chances...and what the hell is Denis doing thre??are Cavenaghi and Milito dead?...Lisandro's pick is good, but i would have preferred Cavenaghi % Milito > Lopez and Denis

btw, will Pablo Aimar ever return....my favorite Argentinian since Batigoal and before Cavegoal..

·
Registered
46 Posts
The inclusion of Denis and Burdisso is a funny one to me. Both dont see enough time on the pitch to warrant a call up to a international team with the depth of players as Argentina. The way Denis was called over Milito has me extremely confused....

1 - 20 of 78 Posts