Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds ok, but I hear that we didn't play too well. The match was divided in two 40 minute intervals. Crespo started as our CF but the match was 1-0 at halftime with Pochettino scoring for us in the 4th minute. Bati started the second half and smashed in 4 goals!! Gustavo Lopez played well and assisted on all of Bati's goals. We have 10 days until our debut so I'm confident we'll sort out whatever we need to improve on.

We play two more friendlies against Japanese opposition next Tuesday.

Match synthesis is as follows.

Kashima Antlers: Takashi; Narahashi, Ikechi, Fabiano, Augusto; Kumagai, Honda, Aoki; Nozawa; Motoyama e Hirase.
Suplentes: Kato, Shuto, Ushida, Ishikawa, Otani, Hasegawa, Nakamura, Fujita, Ichimura.
DT: Toninho Cerezo.

Argentina: Pablo Cavallero; Mauricio Pochettino, Roberto Ayala, Walter Samuel; Javier Zanetti, Cristian González; Juan Sebastián Verón; Ariel ortega, Hernán Crespo y Claudio López.
Suplentes: Germán Burgos, Roberto Bonano, José Chamot, Diego Placente, Claudio Husain, Juan Pablo Sorin, Pablo Aimar, Gustavo López y Gabriel Batistuta.
DT: Marcelo Bielsa.

Goles: PT 4m Pochettino (A). ST 1m Nozawa (K) y 4m, 15m, 37m y 38m Batistuta (A).

Cambios: ST Burgos X Cavallero (A), Chamot X Pochettino (A), Placente X Samuel (A), Husain X Zanetti (A), Sorin X Claudio López (A), Aimar X Verón (A), Gustavo López X Ortega (A) y Batistuta X Crespo (A). Ushida X Honda (K) y Hasegawa X Motoyama (K).

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Hey Czar! I beat you to this news about an hour ago. Check the countdown to WC2002 thread!!!!!

I think I will change my signature to: "Faster than Czar"

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No you didn't :tongue: I think you beat me by like two minutes...:D Anyway, on this grand forum, I grant u the right of trying to beat me to a story now and again...:) I do like a signature that reads "Almost faster than Czar" ;)

Humbird said:
Hey Czar! I beat you to this news about an hour ago. Check the countdown to WC2002 thread!!!!!

I think I will change my signature to: "Faster than Czar"

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Haha:tongue: Looks like we are having a battle of egos in here:D;)
Anyway......:)
Bati started the second half and smashed in 4 goals!! Gustavo Lopez played well and assisted on all of Bati's goals.
Soooooo happy for both of them:cool:......to hell with G. Lopez doubters:fero: :eek:

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I think "Forum Manager and Almost Faster than Czar" is a worthy title. :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I believe Bielsa can tell now, who the mots in form striker is...IMHO Batistuta is winning the race with Crespo, even tough both are great, Bati should be the starter..

·
Registered
451 Posts
bati is the choice as starter

Crespo on Bati..........no way

Crespo performance better than bati....no way, he could scores because bati injury, when bati is back.......no way

·
Registered
206 Posts
BTW, after the match, a lot of comparisons were made of Veron to Cerezo (Antlers coach). Thats not a bad comparison. Cerezo was a magnificent midfielder, perhaps the best Brazil ever had. Recall 78 although 82 he screwed up bad on an errant pass picked off by Rossi who then scores.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I hope Bati's 4 goals will put as the starter in our WC matches.
BTW, G.Lopez replaced Ortega in the right, so maybe he will not have the chance to play in that role when Cani will be ready and fit to play.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
utopia said:
Haha:tongue: Looks like we are having a battle of egos in here:D;)
Anyway......:)

Soooooo happy for both of them:cool:......to hell with G. Lopez doubters:fero: :eek:
:eek:

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME???:mad:

;) :angel:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I think bati was pissed because he was a sub, so he came out on fire and with lots of anger , therefore his four goals...

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
SZeppelin75 said:
I think bati was pissed because he was a sub, so he came out on fire and with lots of anger , therefore his four goals...
Maybe we should continue to bench him until the 2nd half so he can score a few more of those goals in the WC:D ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
yes yes bati hits four ....... very good goals

ahahahahhaa, good news, bati scores four goals where crespo had given chances to play, he could not even score a single goal, Now i am not affraid of bati anymore, Bati play in second half or as a starter because in either way bati will scores goals a lot of goals, but crespo will never even score just like last world cup. bati bring argentina the world cup hopes

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey great title Humbird...I'm thinking of a new one as well...:) :D

Humbird said:
I think "Forum Manager and Almost Faster than Czar" is a worthy title. :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Triz said:

Maybe we should continue to bench him until the 2nd half so he can score a few more of those goals in the WC:D ;)
I think Crespo is not having a very good time right now, maybe it should be the other way around, with Crespo coming on in the second half, and scoring goals, like the first game with Colombia back in 2000.

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
batigold said:

:eek:

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME???:mad:

;) :angel:
:D
Come on, man! You know you are one of my better friends in here:) :cool: I wasn't referring to you......some other poeple like Snakeyez etc etc:angel:

Gustavo Lopez rulez!!! Right?;) :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
It seems that Bielsa still dont know who will be our 1st choice GK and the striker.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts