Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever we do and whoever we have, we have to beat Brazil in order to win something.

IT HAS NEVER BEEN SO CLEAR.

Knock them out on Tuesday and gold medals, world cups, confed cups, copa americas are happy to come to Argentina the day after…

Batista… I hope you know you need to have two whole different strategies, one for Brazil and one for the rest of the world. I know Dunga has and I know Basile doesn’t. Let’s see what you are made of…

Go Argentina!

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
I would like the Argies to win of course.

I just can't see it happening. When Brazil and Argentina meet, nothing with how the tournament has evolved really matters. Except for the final result, which since WC 1990 is really not going the argies way.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Homer, aye. Too bad you've made this thread.

The pessimist in me will avoid checking here should things not go our way. I just cannot bear reading through pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of insults from the Brazies .... again.

: going off sharpening the spikes of my high-heels :

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
ze da fiel will be all over us because of HOMER ;)

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bonita, life is nothing if you don't take the chance.

The joy of reading these pages and pages if we win outbalances the pain if we lose, we survived a more painful loss last summer, this one will be a piece of cake.

This time they have more to lose, we don't need this gold medal as much as they want it, exactly as they didn't the copa title last summer as much as we wanted.

Anyway, I do not mind deleting this thread if you people think it is going to do damage. But again i would rather taking a risk and enjoy than restrain and being safe.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
bern, argentina beat brazil twice in the copa americas of 91 and 93. it's been after that that the matchups have gone their way :(.

let's go argentina!

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amper, to be more accurate it began in the 21st century just like the world wide terrorism and every other evil thing.
After 93 we met them in 95 Copa and lost in penalties, then again in 99 with a half squad against their dream team and lost 2-1 after ayala lost a penalty.
To me the whole thing started with the confederations cup final of 2005.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
amper, to be more accurate it began in the 21st century just like the world wide terrorism and every other evil thing.
:howler:

·
Registered
106 Posts
For obvious reasons, I highly doubt we will reach the final this year. I think that we are a much better team than brazil, and I have no doubt that Messi is the best player in the world, but this didn't help us in the last copa america and there's no reason for it to help us now. We didn't learn anything from that copa, and from the 06 wc for that matter. We keep playing the same undecisive game - too many short passes, too much confusion in front of the goal and not enough shots from outside the area. Another thing the NT lacks is bad players such as Diego Simeone. We have no one to do the dirty job, as even players such as Gago and Mascherano are masters with the ball and shy away from agressive football.
Brazil on the other hand have what it takes to win a tight game, and that's what I think is going to count on tuesday. I don't think we'll lose 3-0 or 4-1 (like we seem to love doing against them), but when the game reaches the money time, propably in extra time, you know who's gonna win don't you?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a feeling the match is going to be bloody, a warzone. But this time on BOTH fronts and not a massacre like it was last year. We are the champions, they want the gold and they know they have to get passed us to get to it.

Sigh, I hope our boys make us proud.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For obvious reasons, I highly doubt we will reach the final this year. I think that we are a much better team than brazil, and I have no doubt that Messi is the best player in the world, but this didn't help us in the last copa america and there's no reason for it to help us now. We didn't learn anything from that copa, and from the 06 wc for that matter. We keep playing the same undecisive game - too many short passes, too much confusion in front of the goal and not enough shots from outside the area. Another thing the NT lacks is bad players such as Diego Simeone. We have no one to do the dirty job, as even players such as Gago and Mascherano are masters with the ball and shy away from agressive football.
Brazil on the other hand have what it takes to win a tight game, and that's what I think is going to count on tuesday. I don't think we'll lose 3-0 or 4-1 (like we seem to love doing against them), but when the game reaches the money time, propably in extra time, you know who's gonna win don't you?
I disagree...
The decisive factor will be that whether Batista knows how to defeat Brazil or not. Dunga knows exactly how to defeat Argentina and if Batista have worked on that I believe Argentina can win.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
:eek:Hi Lads,

This is the point in the games were we meet.

But just thinking, this is the first time EVER that you lot are being modest about it. Not Batista though.... saying that we are scared of you lot. Something that we are obviously not, specially considering our star studded line up.

Over these last years (or even through the existence of the rivarly), never have we felt that we don't have a rival up to our standards (we really always thought that btw, deep down!!:happy:)

After all you compare our world cup history with yours.... it's like comparing water to wine! We have 5 world cups and you guys have 2 robbed ones..... in other words we have " LA MITAD MAS UNO" OVER YOU GUYS IN WORLD CUPS!!!:howler::howler::howler:

After we have become 5 times world champions, you lot simply cannot beat us. 3 straight finals, friendlies, whatever.... WE SIMPLY CRUSH YOU, with all the antipathy that we have towards that ugly stripped shirt. Must admit that lately the games have become a little bit more " lighter" that they were in the past, when all the ariges did was kick the crap out of our players, for lack of technique or skill.

Since 93, last time you lot knocked us out of a major tournament, and 91 the last time you lot beat us in an official game outside of Buenos Aires ( READ 91..... I know it was just the other day down the road, but IT GONNA BE 20 YEARS, in 3 years of that bloody game!! hahahah:howler::howler: I like those type of games anyway..... but it was actually the last bloody Brazil x Argentina that we had. I doubt this one will be violent... it will definitly be dramatic... but the Olympic spirit those take some of the violence that goes with this game.

But I give you guys one thing.... this game does inspire us..... this game for us is normally the value of a tournament. last year for example, the pleasure of beating you lot in the final , in that historic 3x0 was better than winning the Copa America. No Joke :)

Anyway, loved meeting you lot again, it's always a fun event. Tuesday we will continue to crush you lot.... just looking at that shirt, already gives us motivation to crush however its wearing it...... the anger that comes from deep in, gives us a sensation to puke, for lack of a better terminology!

Btw, as Homer was saying.... is their still a rivarly? This I have been asking myself since last year's Copa America. Since your last title, way back in that 93 Copa America in Ecuador, we have WON EVERYTHING at least 2 times.... while you lot won NOTHING. We have humiliated you lot in every single corner of the world, except in Asia. Now it's turn to beat you lot in Asia.

Tuesday should be a fun game..... we will go back in that same spirit for when we play you guys..... we find that unexpected anger from within. Just looking at that sky blue white shirt, makes us get energy from elsewere to beat you lot with NO MERCY. and that's what our players got to have within them... NO MERCY. You guys deserve it!!!!

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Homer I've thought it over and Yeah! you're right. Whatever happens, we will be us and they will be them. Just think, how many things in life are so clear-cut? I welcome another match between friends of Messi and friends of Ronaldinho. Although I'd much prefer talking literature and philosophy with my Brazie friend here on XT, I will not mind deleting those pages and pages and pages and pages ...

Bring it on :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
If trashtalking was an olympic discipline you'd be pentacampeon in that too!
your new here, and i can tell you that is nothing compared to the shit he's normally talking.
It's impossible to discuss anything with him, he's just a big child who want's to provokate everybody. Ignore him.

We may lose to Brazil, again, but we'll never talk as much shit as the brazil idiot is...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts

Ze, really? really...

Obviously it'll be a tough match but I think we'll pull it off.

That's the Cameroon dance.... Camaroes which is Cameroon in Portuguese is SHRIMP. As Thiago Neves said after the game... th SHRIMP tasted good :):happy::proud:

Come on lads.... let's beat them ONCE AGAIN..... let's go for GOLD:)

It will be tough... but we will do it!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Homer I've thought it over and Yeah! you're right. Whatever happens, we will be us and they will be them. Just think, how many things in life are so clear-cut? I welcome another match between friends of Messi and friends of Ronaldinho. Although I'd much prefer talking literature and philosophy with my Brazie friend here on XT, I will not mind deleting those pages and pages and pages and pages ...

Bring it on :)
Bonita,

Last time i read about philosophy was 3 years ago... I bought a new book, but it's on the line to be read in September..... then probably in October we can talk about it.:)

No need deleting posts.... I'm not insulting anyone... just chilling and adding some spice to this game! :) After the Olympics I'm gonne :)

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have put all the eggs in Batista's basket, I hope he can neutralize Dunga's only talent, his anti-Basile evil antifootball tactics, when it is players-against-players we can thrash them.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts