Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I h0nestly believe it is time for Crespo and Batigol to play together.....by the next W.C. Argentina would be suffering from distinct starstuddeditis

If Batigol is still going strong he will be untouchable still but who will be his partner.

Also in midfield who will partner Veron. Will JAVIER ZANETTI IL GRANDE!!!!!!!!!!! move in there allowing Gallardo to play right wing back or will Gallardo move into central midfield and use his small but physical frame in a defencive role or will Redondo and SImeone battle it out to partner Veron.

Also in the defence Sensini is keeping out a good player in Pochetino and also there is the Chamot factor and also Simeone's ability to play libero.

Obviously bielsa has his own ideas, hell he let Ortega near the field in the COpa America 1/4 finals so i am just gonna post my ideas and you guys can tell me what you think.

Formation 3-4-1-2
Libero.............Simeone
Central defenders Ayala and Samuel

Central midfield partnership Veron and a defencive minded Gallardo or Javier Zanetti.

On the wings Kily and Zanetti or Gallardo Zanetti and Gallardo can play in both posittions with Zanettin centrally or Gallardo centrally it wouldn't make a difference.

Playmaker......everyone here is probably a big Ortega fan but although he is a World Great when playing for Argentina i must say that i am teribbly afraid that one of his Serie A howler games may turn up in a big match like a W.C. quarterfinal or sommin. I hope by that time Pablito Aimar would have taken over and be the shining star he promises to be.

So you heard me right IMHO Aimar should wear the number ten at the World Cup and not Ortega.

In attack........its a show down between Lopez Crespo Batistuta and Saviola and here is where the conrovery lies. I honestly believe that Crespo and Batigol can play together but if they do it removes that element of surprise that Lopez has with his mixture of pace and skill.

As for Saviola he brings an entirely different dimension to the game with his pace as well as his ball skills.....who knows.......here is where Argentina is definatel over stocked.

The sadsadsadsad thing is that i am positive some time in the future Argentina will be starved for strikers while God saw it fit to bring Crespo Lopez Saviola Palermo and Batistuta along in the same time frame.......oh well.

VAMOS ARJENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sigh...........

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Batigol and Crespo together? Nah. Have you seen Lopez, he creates more than those two combined. PLUS he scores the odd time. Ex. In the Ecuador game, Lopez scores 1 goal and makes a nice pass to Crespo for the other.

I think Lopez - Batistuta connection is a staple. Unless there is a horid slump Lopez goes through then Biesla should think about that.

Defense: I don't know if I'd tincker with it, because it is pretty succesful right now. And if Simeone was to be a libero he would be behind Ayala and Samuel which would leave the flanks wide open. Argentina needs to have a solid wall back there since there is only 3 of them. I think you may see the emergence of Pocchetino or Sorin by the time 2002 comes around. I think both Sensini and Chamot will be backups in 2002, but a lot can still happen until then.

Midfield: I would have agreed with you about Gallardo about 6 months ago, but now he's got to deal with guys like Gustavo Lopez and Hussain in front of him. Ortega is the only one Gallardo could possibly replace, there is no way he is going to replace a DM (Simeone and now Redondo). But he is not naturally that position he prefers Veron's position. And Veron is irriplacable. As far as Ortega goes I too hope for the emergance of Aimar, actually I REALLY HOPE for this because as you said tazz one of his Serie A games could turn up in the WC. But for now he is ok.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ilTAZZ, do you think Aimar will bench Ortega in the WC 2002? :eek: Well, Aimar is ONLY going to get better and better :cool:, so maybe you are right. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
ilTAZZ, the coach Bielsa likes to play the dutch 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 formation :confused: . he said he will always play with one of those systems. Why? :confused: because he wants Argentina to use the width of the field. two of the three forwards are actually wingers, Lopez on the left and Ortega on the right. Therefore, we may not see Crespo and Bati together in the starting lineup. Bielsa believe they could play with each other but not with his system.

Gallardo can't play as a defensive midfielder. And I agree with you that Redondo should take that spot. I also agree about Zanetti and González playing on the right and left side.

Yes, ;) Aimar is the most talented player in Argentina. However, Aimar and Saviola still need time to develop.:)

If everything goes well, I predict the following line-up for Argentina in 2002:

Bonano
Pochetino,Ayala,Samuel
Zanetti,Simeone,Killy González
Verón
Ortega, Batistuta,Claudio López

[Edited by jrzi on 21-07-2000 at 06:41]

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well IMHO Gallardo is better than gustavo Lopez in that he is calmaer and less attacking and carries the ball just as well but passes much much better and is less selfish.

gustavo Lopez should be in the squad but not a starter he should probably understudy one of the strikers or someone else.

As for the Ortega Aimar argument i think we have all come to understand Ortega....brilliant for Argentina and sucks for his Italian CLub whatever that may be at the moment. i just think he should be out of there because of the possibility that his Sunday afternoon games might one day show up in a W.C 1/4 final or sommin which would be ludicrous :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
He came back last week and will play with Mallorca. The funny thing is that he can't play before sunset on Saturdays. But considering that most of the La Liga games aren't even on Saturday it should be no problem. I think he might get called up, but only as a backup. Just imagine if Argentina makes it to the final in 2002 and the game is on a Saturday afternoon. I wonder if he'd "sin" to play in the final? :confused:

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NOW NOW DON"T MAKE FUN OF RELIGIOUS PERSUASION

hahahahaha you infidels :):):) don't have a clue

What ROA believes is what the BIBLE actually does say. The Bible teaches that the day begins at sunset and not midnight as we all believe. And in the book of Exodus chapter 20 the book of teh commandments say the following.

Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy six days shalt thou labour and do all thy work but the seventh day is the sabbath of the lord thy god. In it though shalt not do any work..........

For Seventh Day Adventist they believe like the Bible teaches that the day begins on Sunset so if ROA keeps the SEVENTH day holy he keeps from Friday Sunset to Saturday sunset holy.....:):) Holy here meaning no work and secular activity.

hahaha You guys need to study some theology. All these are the benefits of being an educated barbadian.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts