Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure of the source, but I have read that they will announce the date of the match after the final of CL on 25/05/2005, which means that the match will be played after meeting Brazil also after the Confederations Cup.

Here's the news:
England will meet Argentina on their proposed tour of the United States next summer.

Final details have yet to be announced but the FA's plan is for the England squad to leave for the States on the weekend after the Champions League Final scheduled for Wednesday 25 May.

England are likely to play two matches. Venues have yet to be finalised but the FA are looking at Chicago and Philadelphia.

England last met Argentina in the 2002 World Cup finals with David Beckham scoring the winner from the penalty spot.

The proposed tour is bound to provoke some criticism after an arduous season for the players but it will give coach Sven-Goran Eriksson the chance to run the rule over players such as Manchester City's Shaun Wright-Phillips and Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing, with the 2006 World Cup finals in mind.

Source:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/16045195?source=Evening

So we'll be having three friendlies so far in this year, Germany in Feb, later on March against Mexico in LA, and the last one against England.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I never had anything against England even afte the Malvinas, but I'm surprised it seems that english fans have a lot more on us than I thought, I saw it in many forums in the web, anyway good to see some friendlies are arrange, when is Confed? and did Pekerman say sthg. abut the names for Confed?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
England again, eh? Is this a reliable source or just another bullsits story written in some British tabloid?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Hopefully this is true! I would love to take revenge of those brits. Pekerman knows how to shut their arses up.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Pooh said:
Hopefully this is true! I would love to take revenge of those brits. Pekerman knows how to shut their arses up.
Good luck, I hope your DREAM comes true! :dielaugh:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Nico said:
Good luck, I hope your DREAM comes true! :dielaugh:

DREAM! For sucha time that was your impossible dream untill that stupid Colina decision :D I love playing the brits, they fall so easy that you feel sorry for them :dielaugh:

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Pooh said:
DREAM! For sucha time that was your impossible dream untill that stupid Colina decision :D I love playing the brits, they fall so easy that you feel sorry for them :dielaugh:
Not Brits - English, a few home nations might get upset! :D

Should be a good game as long as Sven doesnt ruin it by playing 25 players!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Young07 said:
it will be a great game, both have the best squads possibly in the world so i cant wait for that to happen
Does England have one of the best squads in the world? Don't make me laugh.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
i hope they come to Jersey, play in giants stadium...means i get tickets for free $$$$ lol..

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Pooh said:
Hopefully this is true! I would love to take revenge of those brits. .
The country is England. 'Brits' is US geek-speak.

England and Argentina should play every year. Antonio Rattin said in 2002 that for real supporters there is only England and Argentina, with the rest of the world arguing over a distant third place.
And Argentina's players would like to wipe out the memory of Owen's 'flight' for the penalty.:)

·
18,041 Posts
Attila what's the deal with Owen? I read soo many critics against him that I can't believe, he is great!! I alwyas like him, and he always makes his job done no matter what...nevertheless my fauvorites english players of the last years are: Scholes, the awesome Schearer, and my fauvorite GAZZA!!!!!..ah in defenders Rio....a and Paul Ince, and Lineker too, from now I didn't see much, but heard that Lampard, Joe Cole, the kid Rooney, and Gerrard are great..and Ashley Cole (I like him a lot against us in 2002, great match by him) too, if not Jern and Twayka will kill me...about Beckham, he is comitting the same mistakes as Veron, every bad moment he suffers is his fault like Veron...

·
18,041 Posts
What is the version why Rattin ws sent off in England? because watching the tapes nothing happens?, and if it was because of talking, is incredible cause not even now in europe players are sent off from that, watching sometimes Keane in some old great Manchester (sorry for that pal), he almost every game was close to kill a ref...and not few rivals...

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
I never join in the anti-Owen stuff (I think he dived against Argentina tho';)) and I never joined in the anti-Gascoigne stuff - both committed the ultimate 'crime' of being brilliant English footballers.
Beckham deserves every bit of stick, his Missus is pulling his strings and he doesn't have the footballing ability to overshadow his off-field stuff.
I am a Veron fan and a Beckham hater (ie biased), so I think Veron's only crime is he sometimes tried too hard for the spectacular when the simple pass would do.

Rumour from a ManUre fan: Scholes quit the England NT because of the circus surrounding Beckham.

As for Rattin, my Dad - who's irish and should be unbiased - said a few other Argentinians should've been sent off but not him. Maybe an early victim of the sort of refereeing in Japan/Korea

1 - 20 of 43 Posts