Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frustrat:U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION
Goalkeepers (3): Dominic Cervi (out of contract), Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Tim Howard (Everton FC)

Defenders (6): Dan Califf (FC Midtjylland), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Jay DeMerit (Watford FC), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock)

Midfielders (7): Freddy Adu (SL Benfica), DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Eddie Lewis (Derby County), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids)

Forwards (3): Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC), Eddie Johnson (Fulham FC)

Thoughts
No Wolff, gee I wonder why.
No Altidore, I personally hope this is due to a legitimate injury and not some attempt to baby him as he prepares to hop over the pond. His team has already played this week. USA will need this guy in qualifying, he's capable of ripping some of these CONCACAF defenses to shreads.

No cooper....im still :frustrat:

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Great half from the US.

Everyone played well except maybe our CD at times, with Onyewu falling asleep like usual.

I'd like to see Adu introduced in the 2nd half some time because although we are getting up the field we just don't have anyone playing the AM/Playmaker position at the moment to give a good final ball. Donovan tend to drift to the wings and one of Bradley or Mastroeni have been having to step up in offence through the center. Most of our attacking opportunities have come through crosses.

Oh and Howard absolutely terrorizing Cruz. Cruz had about 3 one on ones with Howard and Howard beat him each time.:thumbsup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Acutally a pretty good game. Pearce is locking up that LB for sure , great game by him and howard is simply awesome. Yes need more #10 and hopefully adu comes in

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Onyewu hit the post on a header. Donovan is playing very good too.

Though it looked like Aguero should have had a penalty when he chipped it over Howard.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
What the hell was that red card for?

the ref has been an idiot all day. To be fair he has been fair to both teams with his idiocy.:smileani:

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Why the hell did Pablo Mastroeni get sent off???

Is it a red card offense to walk across the field? :wallbang:

The ref is a dickless incompetent.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Apparently when the ref booked Mo Edu he thought it was for Pablo or some retarded shit like that...

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
its hard to believe someone would mistake Mastroeni for Edu. I know Mastroeni is a little tan but Edu is just a tad darker I think.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Awful challenge on Donovan by Mascherano, think Masch is sent off.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow USa played a good game and was the better team . Now we know how important landon is to the USA hes the heart and soul! He had a good game , Hes better at Forward. Pearce was great!! playing in the bundeliga has helped him....and the adu show again!!!! dam he was ectricfying!!

Gooch **** him!! he plays goood and then he plays bad , hes need to be more consistant!

edu is better than bradley and how important is mastreoni...hes the glue in the midfield
in the 1st of the spain game and this game USA came out of these 3 friendlies with some positive results!

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
Very solid second half performance (only half I saw), great atmosphere. This is the US I want to see. Adu, Donovan, and even Klejstan getting up and working. Ref was an idiot and Argentina forgot how to tackle at the end. I f*cking love Freddy Adu and we should manhandle Barbados a week from tonight.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Ref was awful.

Adu should play more. When he came on the team looked totally different just like against Spain. I'd give him the full 90 against Barbados.

Great crowd by the way. It should be like that everytime the US plays on home turf:thumbsup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya the crowd wasnt all age ppl but more americans in the stands and rooting for the USA too:eek:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the 2002 wc mid was obrien reyna and mastreoni

I see another good midfield developing......adu , donovon and edu...sasha

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
damn people, was a bore fest, what good game you were watching?...I like the keeper and one of the fullbacks, Pierce?...and the concentration of the US team...

the ref was comical, calling many fouls weren't, not calling fouls that were, sending off Mastro for what?? hehe talking? I dunno, while missing that hack of Howard hehe; it got too much rough unnecessary in the second half...too much friction...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bore fest must be kidding me this game was better than most of the euro games so far

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Well Johnny, I think we may be a bit biased.:smileani:

For me my heart was pumping and I loved seeing USA be able to boss certain parts of the game against one of the worlds best teams. However I could see how a neutral or Argentina fan would think this was boring. Though atleast we weren't playing strictly bunker football, though we were just passing it around the back during the 1st half to increase our confidence.

I'm very excited about our future prospects at the moment. :hopeful:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
It was a great game that was eventually ruined by the referee. After that retarded blunder, we couldn't get an attack going until the ref realized he had made a mistake, and thus started to call bullshit fouls against the Argies. After a few bullshit calls we started to get more of the ball and went forward more, causing them problems at the back. Then Freddy Adu made that outstanding run which almost turned into something magical. Good game nonetheless, and I'd take a 0-0 scoreline with the Argentines without question.

But seriously, Adu needs to start. If it was me, I'd do something such as this:

Howard

Cherundolo - Onyewu - Bocanegra - Pearce

Bradley - Edu (Szetela, Mastroeni)

Donovan - Dempsey - Adu

Altidore

I would prefer that we just drop Donovan because he's a *****, but we all know that won't happen, so I say field something such as that above. Let Dempsey use his confidence in the middle and allow Adu to roam freely and link up with Altidore as in the U-21's last summer.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
From an Argentina/neutral perspective, it was probably a borefest, but it was a great game for us especially considering our last two games against illustrious opposition. Good stuff to see from the US team.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Me bias lol....never i tell how it is , if this playa is good he is good if he sux he sux if the usa suck ass Ill make a thread and say thee suck, remeber the bradley and usa suck thread recently:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts