Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually no - they're awful.

I could just about bear them until they set about butchering the Undertones' classic "Teenage Kicks". Their cover is absolute trash compared to the original. :eek:

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I hate 'em with a passion :groan: :mad:

My sister like them :rollani:

When they are next peforming they should put a Sniper high up above to take them out one by one ;)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
StuPid said:
I hate 'em with a passion :groan: :mad:

My sister like them :rollani:

When they are next peforming they should put a Sniper high up above to take them out one by one ;)
Not if i get the sniper first, i actually don't mind them singing away with their happy songs.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
jimbo jones said:
Not if i get the sniper first, i actually don't mind them singing away with their happy songs.
:eekani: sorry but you cannot be serious? ;)

nah, everyone is entitled to their opinion :angel:
I just don't agree on this occasion ...

The worst of their songs has to be Year 3000 :yuck: the lyrics are bloody ridiculous :rollani:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
StuPid said:
:eekani: sorry but you cannot be serious? ;)

nah, everyone is entitled to their opinion :angel:
I just don't agree on this occasion ...

The worst of their songs has to be Year 3000 :yuck: the lyrics are bloody ridiculous :rollani:
I'll listen to anything, i would quite happily put a busted song on the same cd as a hmm papa roach song, and i quite like Year 3000 i don't really care that the lyrics are ridiculous, in fact that's probably why i like it.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I don't like their songs but at least they write all their own songs. That song by the undertones is not a classic by a long way.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
I don't like their songs but at least they write all their own songs. That song by the undertones is not a classic by a long way.
Yeah, better to write your own and not be that great, rather than just have them written for you.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
mutu1875 said:

I could just about bear them until they set about butchering the Undertones' classic "Teenage Kicks". Their cover is absolute trash compared to the original. :eek:
When I read the title I began to wonder what you had been smoking there mutu. ;)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
(Let's go!)
(Yeah! Alright!)

Walking through the terminal
I saw something beautiful
You left, for your duty call
Next I'm getting on the plane
That's when I see you again
I can't get you off my brain

(Let's go)
That uniform you're wearing
So hot I can't stop staring
You're putting on an awesome show
The cabin pressure's rising
My coke has got no ice in there

[Chorus:]

Air hostess
I like the way you dress
Though I hate to fly
But I feel much better
Occupied my mind
Writing you a love letter
I messed my pants
When we flew over France
Will I see you soon
In my hotel room
For a holiday romance?
Air hostess

Throwing peanuts down the aisle
Stupid but it made you smile
You came over for a while
Then you whispered in my ear
The words that I longed to hear
"I want you to thrill me here"

You can't because you're working
The paparazzi's lurking
You didn't know I'm in a band
In England people know me
One photo's worth a hundred grand

Air hostess
I like the way you dress
Though I hate to fly
But I feel much better
Occupied my mind
I messed my pants
When we flew over France
Will I see you soon
In my hotel room
For a holiday romance?
Air hostess

Na, na na-na
Na, na na-na
Na, na na-na
Na, na na-na
Na, na na-na
Na, na na-na
Na, na na-na

That uniform you're wearing
So hot I can't stop staring
You're putting on an awesome show
The plane has almost landed
So tell me where I'm standing now

Air hostess
I like the way you dress
Though I hate to fly
But I feel much better
Occupied my mind
I messed my pants
When we flew over France
Will I see you soon
In my hotel room
For a holiday romance?
Air hostess

Cos' you're my air hostess
I love the way you dress
Air hostess
My air hostess
I love the way you dress
Air hostess

HOW STUPID IS THIS SONG :yuck:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I concur with Stu's opinion about getting them assasinated. I find shooting a rather painless way... I'd go for something more "medieval" involving knives and needles.

I especially hate they way these muppets jump around with the electric guitars without actually playing them...

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Agree with Amo, a sniper would be too quick and easy - we should definitely go medieval, forget knives and bring out the thumb screws!!!!

I was once had the misfortune of reading an interview with them, and the main one who thinks he's such a stud (Charlie or something?) is such a prick - he needs to cut out the "oh look at me, I'm so tortured I make Hamlet look happy-go-lucky, because being a pop star is such hard work" - he doesn't exactly write / perform music that rivals Nirvana, Bob Dylan or Jimi so he should stop playacting at being a deep individual and realise that all he is is some teeny-boppers eye candy!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
They're the next Guns 'n Roses and will definitly outdo Zeplen!!

Quality band.

Also, they seemed to have found the note on the guitar that makes people want to puke, and put it in every song.
Honestly, i've seen them play on tv, can they even play guitar cause all they seem to do is beat the things, and why 3 guitars???? when they're music is playing it sounds like only one guitar is on!!!! I've heard better lyrics in a Bjork song!!!
These guys are an insult to music and are living proof that the record industries don't care about music, only dosh. The funny thing is, no matter how much albums they sell, money they make, it'll all go to the record company because the stupid cun*s sold out, ha ha. Ye'll all be working in McDonnalds in 2 years time.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
mutu1875 said:

I heard Ash did a great version at Oxegen, and also a "breathtaking" version of whiskey in the jar with Thin Lizzy's guitarist

Oh and busted not only butchered it, they rendered it, proccesed it put it in a can sold it off at 99c in a store 24 and it was eaten by Mary Kate Olsen. But she puked it up again, and ash fixed it :tongue:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Just saw the video from their Year 3000-song again, although not voluntary :) Quite funny how they of all people sing like "boy bands, and another one, and another one,..."

It's somehow like Avril Lavigne. Always acting like thé tough, independent, rebel, punk girl in interviews and everything, and then doing things like proudly declaring that "she wrote nearly 3 songs of her new album almost completely by herself" :wallbang:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts