Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Football has changed so much down the years,Are you tired of how the game has changed?Players,type of play etc..

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
no

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Nope new school footy is where its at and where its gonna be

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I'm pretty sick of club football to be honest. There's just too much money involved in club football these days that traditional rivalry and blind passion has lost much of its meaning. I bear no grudges against these clubs but look at clubs like Chelsea just buying their way to success.. there isn't much more meaning as a neutral watching these matches anymore. If only the 3 foreigner limit can somehow find its way back..

I'm still a huge fan of international football, though, and the various international tournaments will still garner my interests like no other. :) All because football's at its purest (country vs country!) and players play for the pride of their country more than anything else on the pitch (in a lot of cases they don't get paid by their FAs when wearing national colours). Only then can we talk about untainted passion. That's the beauty of football..

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Yeah, club football is tiresome to me. There's too much of it, it's over ananlysed and frankly gets boring over time.

International football, however, still has all of it's magic. I love it, and can't wait for WCQF to restart for the U.S.A.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Im not tired of football but I do sometimes feel tired when watching it due to lack of sleep.

·
Registered
865 Posts
how can Football get us tired??? Only after you play a 2-3 hour match yourself...
Can never get tired of footie....

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I'm fairly new to football (been watching and playing for 10 or so years now), but I've noticed that the most entertaining football I've watched was from old footage from the 70's and 80's. There is some great football especially international football which will never ever lose it's entertainment value. The South American leagues are still great it's just some of the leagues in Europe tend too get less entertaining especially in the English Premiership where it's as if every team besides Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea have the same strategy. (cross the ball from midfield into the box and hope for the forward to get a head or chest in to set up a shot.) Hopefully this trend Football will stop.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Nauan said:
how can Football get us tired??? Only after you play a 2-3 hour match yourself...
Can never get tired of footie....
I can imagine myself playing for 2-3 hours, but I can't imagine myself watching footbll for that long.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Yacoob said:
I can imagine myself playing for 2-3 hours, but I can't imagine myself watching footbll for that long.
I can do both;)

Played last night for about 2 and 1/2 hours, went for a long bike ride this morning, and then watched Aston Villa - Arsenal (boring as hell) then Real Sociedad - Valencia (super game) and finished with Real Madrid - Espanyol (boring unless you are a Madrid fan, so it was super boring)

Game last night, bike ride this morning and then three straight games on tv. I had to drink a lot after that:cool:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's obvious how football has changed so much,Player's loyalty the amount of games etc.The players these days are such Prima donna's and the game is dominated by money,money,money it's a bloody joke. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Yacoob said:
I have played football for about 8 hours a day every day for a month a few years back :)

Football is great, great fun and great way of keeping fit.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Nope not at all, especially since my other favorite sport is locked out, I'm watching more football than ever before.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts