Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna know how you feel about our the step into the quarters.

I am very happy but I am not excited anymore like in the beginning of the WC...
When the WC started with 32 teams, there were "favorites" like Argentina, Brazil, Portugal....
I was so excited ...

And now lot of "great" teams are out.

Even USA, Southkorea made it to the quarters.
Is it competitive enough for Turkey ?? (ok Turkey is not the "killer-team")

I would be more excited and proud if teams like Argentina or Italy or France would also be here, so everyone would say: "wow Turkey made it, too"

Now there are thoughts like "if even USA can reach the quarters, than it is nothing special"

Don`t misunderstand me. I am not blind and I don`t say USA and Korea are crappy teams. They deserved to be here, but they have no names, in football, so there is the impression, that it is easy and it depends on luck to come that far.
And Turkey don`t get the admirations it deserves...

Maybe I am wrong or it isn`t important - cause in some years nobody will remember how we made it ...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I hear you Esperar.....but you have to think like this: Even if these teams (argentina, France..etc.) was still in the tournament or journey wouldn´t be diffirent.......maybe in the quaterfinals we could have met Argentina but that´s their problem. We have accomplished what they weren´t able to do. The teams today are much more alike (strenght wise...beside saudi-arabia that is) so you have to see out tournament as a big accomplishment anyway. We can´t feel bad because Portugal played like a bunch of divas and that France already in their mind had won the cup(they had booked the hotel unitil the final day of the tournament). Their ignorace isn´t our problem.....it´s semee to be our sucess instead.

We should be proud of our team, because we have achievied big things already and hopefully it aint over yet. Esperar be exited.....it´s your right as a turkish fotboll fan.

Ps. Esperar, I heard that Berlin had transformed to a turkish carnaval....maybe you know something about it?

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I think its sad that the Turkish team doesnt get the credit it deserves. Most people outside Turkey thinks Turkey is only in the quarterfinal only because they played against weak teams and not because Turkey is a good team.
Even if we beat Senegal peoples oppinion will not change. We need to defeat teams like England, Brazil or Spain before our team is accepted as something above average.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maestro, I understand what you say. That we don`t need to feel bad to be here because the others were unable with their "big mouths", but nevertheless I wanted to have "big" names in the quarters...:tongue: banane

I live in the north, so here weren`t much celebrations, cause the most turks live in the south or in Berlin.

I only could see the celebrations of turks in German TV channels. They showed it the whole day. Unbelievable!! In Cologne (Köln) the traffic collapsed for 3 hours, cause the turkish fans were on the streets with their cars (honking), waving flags, singing and yelling: "En buyuk Turkiye". It was real amazing. And the Germans they stood there and wondered...;) Berlin was even worse!

The german channels made jokes about the turkish and the italian fans... very funny! :D Last week turks and italians were together on the streets after both teams succeeded. But yesterday:
"While turks where celebrating like crazy since hours, the italians were waiting for their turn. They sit in their cars with their flags ready to start, but than ... :D )

The german TV is focused on the turks. And some wish to see Germany and Turkey in the finals... oh my God!! ;) What would happen here?

I won`t know, cause I will be in Alanya! (ooops, there are also a lot of Germans :mad: :D ) I cannot escape from them !

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manny said:
I think its sad that the Turkish team doesnt get the credit it deserves. Most people outside Turkey thinks Turkey is only in the quarterfinal only because they played against weak teams and not because Turkey is a good team.
Even if we beat Senegal peoples oppinion will not change. We need to defeat teams like England, Brazil or Spain before our team is accepted as something above average.
YES, that is what I wanted to say in addition!! I agree with you completely (unfortunately :()

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Don't worry Esperar. You can taunt all the Germans on Friday, once the US knocks them out of the tournament.

As for all of the people saying this is a weak world cup, they are just people making up excuses since their teams have been eliminated imo:D;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
I totally agree with Maestro:)

They showed it the whole day. Unbelievable!! In Cologne (Köln) the traffic collapsed for 3 hours, cause the turkish fans were on the streets with their cars (honking), waving flags, singing and yelling: "En buyuk Turkiye". It was real amazing. And the Germans they stood there and wondered...
I couldn't join any of these celebrations.

Turkish soccer team made the quarter finals in European Cup, I was out of Turkiye:eek:

Turkish Basketball team play the final, I was out of Turkiye:eek:

Turkish soccer team will play the final in this WC, I'll be out of Turkiye:eek:

Whoops, that's too much information;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts